bchoo
aldona45

The use of laptops at school

bchoo

Pro

This debate is about the use of laptops at school, and I believe that the use of laptops at school is a great idea and should be practised by schools.

I will wait for Con to start the argument, good luck.
aldona45

Con

Although using laptops in school is not a bad idea and a lot of schools do it, I do not agree that it should be practiced as much because doing most of the work on the laptops will mean that school age children will not practice writing by hand as much and therefore their grammar will become poor as they never have to check their spelling and punctuation themselves as the laptop will do it for them. So when it is the time to do exam or a piece of work that needs to be done by hand many students will get low grades because their have bad spelling and punctuation skills.
bchoo

Pro

Hello Con, thanks for accepting my debate,

Although your points are completely valid, using laptops during school has far more advantages than disadvantages.

I believe that the suitable age for the laptops to be used is at the start of high school. During the primary years, a child practices his/her handwriting and most of the work that needs to be done is done by hand except for few research projects. I strongly think that six to seven years of writing by hand is enough for the students.

Using laptops will allow students to be more organised. Take OneNote for an example, OneNote is one of the Microsoft's software where it allows you to create pages for different uses. I, being a student myself and also an user of OneNote, found this extremely useful as you can create pages for your subjects such as English, Biology, Geography etc. This prevents students from carrying sheets of paper. Laptops also allows you to prevent you from carrying heavy textbooks. Textbooks in .pdf files (e-textbooks) are now widely available all around the globe and all you need is an usb to store it.

When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
Technology is growing day by day, and we should try to adapt to it ourselves.

I look forward to your argument.
aldona45

Con

aldona45 forfeited this round.
bchoo

Pro

Please extend my arguments Con.

aldona45

Con

aldona45 forfeited this round.