De.bate
RepublicansvLiberals

The way Donald Trump is handling immigration

De.bate has forfeited round #3.

De.bate

Con

So Donald Trump is president some, people support it some don't, But is the way Donald Trump is trying to "fix" Immigration a good way? Honestly I don't think so because first of all, he is deporting people who have been here for years, which I really don't support at all. Plus, Donald Trump is planning on building a wall, but 40 percent of illegal immigrants enter on planes I don't think he can build a wall higher then planes fly haha. I have other reasons some including how immigrants do jobs that most Americans don't want to ect. I am not saying I support Hillary Clinton, but I Don't support some things that Donald Trump wants.
RepublicansvLiberals

Pro

Trump is handling it a bit bluntly to say the least.
Let me be fair saying that I am not a Trump supporter. I just wanted Hillary to lose.
P.S. I am a Kasich supporter
Anyways, I think Trump's immigration policies is giving the biggest sense of security this country needs (even if they don't actually work.) Given all the drug epidemics and terror attacks, the people just want a sense of safety from all these irrational fears of getting blown up or drugged up. I'm not saying it's right what he's doing but he understands how we as a nation will react.
De.bate

Con

That's a good point but the cost should also be considered. The estimated cost is from 10bn to 15bn, and it honestly doesn't look like Mexico will pay or even help pat for it, which means American citizens would have to pay for it. Also, the wall will run though towns and animal habitats, splitting them apart.
RepublicansvLiberals

Pro

Well the trick is he plans on cutting trade with Mexico, which would put their country into an economic crisis, thus cause a diplomatic disputes between both the U.S. and Mexico, however the U.S. could care less about what any other country has to say, especially with Trump's "America First!" intiative. Not only that, Money for the wall will not be that much of a priority because within the first few weeks of his presidency he spoke to the biggest manufactures and companies in the U.S. to pull out their factories from foreign lands and bring them to the U.S. This will also be a pretty hard hit on Mexico's economy as well, so trump plans on using that with force.
The wall cutting into civilization and animal habitats is an issue that will most likely be disputed in the future I'm sure. However, as much as I love animals, I don't love the fact that America's money is being spent constantly on the "war on drugs" which is mainly being brought over through Mexico's borders.
So really, I ask my opponent. Do the Pros actually out weigh the cons of a wall, but I do not disagree with you that even though there may be a course of action to ensure that minimal money is being spent by America on a wall, it doesn't change the fact that yes, there will still be conflicts in between U.S. and Mexico. Especially NAFTA.
Posted by Lookingatissues 11 months ago
Lookingatissues
lookingattheissues2.... Correction on the presidents name who put in effect "Operation Wetback" Dwight D. Eisenhower, not David Eisenhower.
Posted by Lookingatissues 11 months ago
Lookingatissues
"THE WAY DONALD TRUMP IS HANDLING IMMIGRATION...."
Hillary Clinton, former Secretary of State, made a remark after the Benghazi, Libya attack which unfortunately applies to the present situation with immigrants now living in America, when she said," At this Point, what difference does it make....." Is Donald trump to be faulted then if his plan to deal with the problem of immigration fails or falls short when different presidents and their political party members didn't succeed either. Amnesty, after amnesty, with the assurance from the political leaders that this amnesty would finally settle the immigration problem once and for all didn't change anything. But has either political party really intended to stop or even slow down the flood of immigrants coming across America's borders? The immigrants coming here are, so-called, cheap labor and those that hire them have the money to be heard in Washington by politicians, "The best that money can buy." There was only one president who has ever took meaningful steps to handle immigration problems and that was Republican president, David Eisenhower when he put in effect" operation Wetback." This country is divided as never before by foreign aliens who don't share the same interests, language, or traditions, as the country which they have invaded and have no interest in doing so. America's political leaders have closed their eyes to the harm these aliens have done to the country and its citizens and money and political ideologies have ruled their actions, not their love of this country nor for its citizens.
Posted by mrknowitall83 11 months ago
mrknowitall83
There is more to the wall than to stop illegals. The wall is to stop drugs coming thru and possible terrorists from middle east using the unprotected mexican border to bring in their suitcase nukes someday.
Posted by itz_me_naturally 11 months ago
itz_me_naturally
so wait if i accept this debate will i have to tell how trump should handle immigration