biggest_pro_going
kman100

The west should STOP sanctioning Russia as they have no good reason to do so

biggest_pro_going

Pro

I may take some time to respond as i am doing my exams. Anyway I created this debate because i live in a western country and the amount of propaganda that is saying Russia is corrupt and evil and its 100% its fault in Ukraine is extremely annoying.

If you don't know what i mean- http://en.wikipedia.org..., http://www.numbeo.com..., http://www.numbeo.com...

These ratings all have a similar pattern, were the list is opinion based (not like literacy rate) the west is allays nice and green at the top and evil Russia is red around the bottom of the list with the LEDCs. When you look at facts like literacy rate u notice, wait Russia has a bigger literacy rate than the west!

This combined with all pollination's the west think the exact same about Ukraine and the media going on the heavy anti Russian propaganda is a bit to much. That the people there want to be western and hate Russia witch is just a lie because the last election involving the whole of Ukraine a pro Russian was elected.

When in fact Russia is helping UKRAINIANS who hate there western puppet government breaking of... How is that bad or breaking international law? America invades Iraq and destroyed the place Russia doesn't sanction the USA!

Worst of all, the plane that was illegibly shot down by UKRAINIAN rebels. The Media said that Putin shot it down! What, its not Russia it may not even be the rebels they are illegibly funding! It may have been the Ukrainian government! I would under stand if you or me thought that but WORLD LEADERS! They have so much information so hopefully they cant actually blame Putin!

Did you know that in the Iraq war the US shot down an Iran passenger plane because they thought it was Iraqi? Probably not and that was America not rebels they were funding and they did not even apologies! Did Russia care NO.

If you are not sure what this is about- its about Ukraine basically.
kman100

Con

I wrote a lengthy responce, only to realize too late that I have filled up the allotted charactor limit by my first paragraph. I don't think I can craft a meaningful responce in the charactor limit, so I apologize for the incovienence and forfeit this debate. If Pro wants to make this debate again with a much more liberal charactor limit, I will definitly accept.
biggest_pro_going

Pro

sorry long debates are to depressing.
kman100

Con

No need to apologize, I just don't feel that I can have fun and write a sufficient responce in 2,000 characters.
biggest_pro_going

Pro

biggest_pro_going forfeited this round.
kman100

Con

kman100 forfeited this round.
Posted by Brenden-Lawrence 1 year ago
Brenden-Lawrence
You know why Russia is always cast as the bad guy? Because they were communist, Lenin starved and killed his own people, and were long time rivals with the US during the arms race.
Posted by debate_power 1 year ago
debate_power
But I still think the sanctions are stupid.
Posted by debate_power 1 year ago
debate_power
Uhhh... they do have a good reason to do so. They're opposed to Russia to an extent, and when it suits them to weaken it, they weaken it.