SnowyOxygen
Jackie_Hi

The western world is corrupt.

SnowyOxygen has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

SnowyOxygen

Pro

Hello! I haven't debated in a year, so consider me a bit rusty.

My statement is as follows: The western world as we know it is corrupt and run by corporate companies for the benefit of the rich and to the detriment of the majority of the world population.

Notable definitions:

The Western World: Countries generally considered developped countries. This includes countries such as the USA, UK, Canada, France, Spain etc. (Although may not include exceptions such as certain nordic countries).
Corrupt: The government acts in favor of the rich and in detriment to the poor.Warning: by saying that the western world is corrupt I am in no way saying that the rest of the world isn't.

Rules:
Keep calm and kind, anger or insults don't win debates.
Forfeiture of a round means forfeiture of the debate.
Please keep to the structure.

Debate structure:
Round 1 - Acceptance
Round 2 - Opening arguments
Round 3 - Rebuttals
Round 4 - Further rebuttals and conclusion
Jackie_Hi

Con

I accept, and hope that this will be an enriching and meaningful debate.
Posted by Killerchicken12 1 year ago
Killerchicken12
Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. -Winston Churchill
Posted by Zaephou 1 year ago
Zaephou
You need to post examples of corruptness rather than just make a statement. In what way is the western world corrupt?
Posted by MysteriumRevelatum 1 year ago
MysteriumRevelatum
Socialism isn't "power to the people". @SnowyOxygen It's enslavement to the collective, and no economic freedom.
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
I was taking the piss. Granted, I don't believe an anarchist can be a Socialist as well (as it implies state enforcement), but I was being facetious.
Posted by SnowyOxygen 1 year ago
SnowyOxygen
I'll leave the ironically childish name calling aside so I can explain my positions on those subjects.
Anarchist? Maybe you see them as a bunch of hooligans making graffiti doing meth while listening to punk music, maybe not. By anarchist I mean I accept no ruler (aka power to the people). By socialist, it's kind of similar to the anarchy concept: I believe in the power of the people, and that everything should be owned publicly rather than privately (which is also why I'm against capitalism).
Honestly I don't know what the problem is. Possibly because you live in the US where "socialist" means something completely different due to corrupt politicians? Anyway, no need for the random aggression, why not clarify yourself instead?
Posted by bballcrook21 1 year ago
bballcrook21
This kid is a moron. Claims to be an anarchist and then is Pro Socialism and con Capitalism. Go read economics for dummies.