Tommy.leadbetter
UnbridaledVerbosity

The whole world should be vegan

Tommy.leadbetter

Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

This does not include primitive tribes. I am also not saying we should force everyone to become vegan, but I am saying that if everybody in the world was vegan, we would be much better off and the world would be a much more loving place.
UnbridaledVerbosity

Con

Everyone being vegan is not going to create a better society, it would just exacarbate a food shortage that is killing people around the world. 7 billion people need to be fed, and more are being created every day. Being vegan is a luxury and wouldn't solve any problems at all. I don't understand why you say that "the world would a much more loving place" when, really, being vegan is not going to make people more loving. In my opinion, you aren't thinking about experiences beyond your own, where eating meat is how people survive.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

I have had little time to do this round ,so I will possibly extend these points further in the later rounds. But here are my main arguments:

1. It costs far more resources to produce meat than other food, so it would therefore mean less strain on the worlds resources over all.

2. To keep up with the demand for meat, the industry must force grow its product. This always results in less than decent standards of welfare for the animals.

3. Animal husbandry accounts for more pollution than ALL transport. So that is every single car, train, bus, plane, ship that transports things every day all over the world. - http://www.un.org...

4. Livestock use 30% of the earths surface. - http://www.un.org...

5. Killing animals isn't nice. I know this sounds rather unsophisticated and infantile, but it is true. It's not fair to raise animals for slaughter, if we killed them like we used too then it would be oaky, but we kill them in far less honerable ways. The fact that we kill these animals shows that the bar of our honerablity is set low, however if children where brought up In a world where the killing of animals was considered a bad thing, then the bar is set higher. Possibly resulting in more compassion towards one another as well. A mentality of compassion to animals, spreads to our human friends,

6. Meat causes many types of cancer, dairy products also cause cancer. Fruit and veg actuslly decrease the growth of cancer. This would result in less strain on medical industry, not to mention the better health of the population.

I apologise for this argument I am falling asleep and rushing to get in done in time.
UnbridaledVerbosity

Con

UnbridaledVerbosity forfeited this round.
Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

I extend my points
UnbridaledVerbosity

Con

Tommy.leadbetter

Pro

I will again leave this round, as it is only fair on my opponent.
UnbridaledVerbosity

Con

Posted by AlexanderOc 2 years ago
AlexanderOc
How would one make a planet vegan?
Vote Placed by The_Gatherer 2 years ago
The_Gatherer
Tommy.leadbetterUnbridaledVerbosityTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF by con. Also Pro had much more convincing argument.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
Tommy.leadbetterUnbridaledVerbosityTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con decided to stop participating. Unfortunate that Con decided to waste Pro's time. Conduct for the forfeits, arguments for the unrebutted case.