Unicornlandia1
eyb0ss

The world is flat.

eyb0ss has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Unicornlandia1

Con

Hello! Thanks for checking out this debate.

To clarify, I will be arguing the Earth is not flat.

Rules:
-No cursing or offensive language.
-Try to use evidence, no false or not proven opinions or beliefs.
-No new arguments in the last round.

Round 1: Acceptance
Round 2: Opening Arguments
Round 3: Rebuttals
Round 4: Closing Arguments (no new arguments)
eyb0ss

Pro

I think that this would be fun to stretch my limits in a sort. That's what debate is all about. Let's do this.
Unicornlandia1

Con

My first argument that the Earth is flat is gravity. Gravity, which is a force we can easily witness in our everyday lives, would cause any flat shaped to collapse instantly into a sphere. The gravity on a flat Earth would simply not keep it together.

Second, elaborating on gravity, since the center of gravity of a flat Earth is at the center (obviously), the farther to the edge you traveled, the more the Earth would feel slanted upwards. If you could walk from the center of the flat Earth model to the edge, it would gradually feel like you were walking up. By the edge, the concern wouldn't be falling off of the edge, but rather, falling back to the center of gravity. Standing on the side of a flat Earth would actually feel perfectly flat and normal.

Declaring that gravity does not exist is not a rebuttal to this evidence. Gravity is not a "theory", it has been proven by Sir Issac Newton.

That is clearly enough evidence. I am not expecting to have to use more, but if I do, I will in the next rebuttal round, as well as disprove my opponent's theories.
Posted by funnybone 1 year ago
funnybone
satellites show that the earth is round so anyone that argues against it is just denying what the human eye, math and science all proves