padfo0t
Padfoot36

The world is not the center of the universe.

padfo0t

Pro

Hello, padfoot36. I would like to say that I do not apreciate you copying my name. I had it first. You are obviously jelous because You also picked a hamster as your icon. Am I inspiring?

Now, the earth is proven, and everybody knows it, to not be the center of the universe like you claim. This theory was believed like 400 years ago or something, but the earth revolves around the sun. Even the sun is not the center of the universe. I challenge you to say I am wrong!!!
Padfoot36

Con

Hi padfo0t.
You are ugly, so I decided to make a better you. That is the sole purpose.

I will now win this debate.

The earth is the center of the universe because I say it is. I am always right. Ask me a question and I will answer. Haha!!!
padfo0t

Pro

That was incredibly rude, but I will ignore your petty complaints and win this debate.

You are wrong. Everyone in the world (narrowing it down to above the age of 10) knows I should win. You have NO proof, while I shall show some here:

The Western world used to believe that the Earth was the centre of the universe. It was an idea that the ancient Greeks first proposed - that the other planets, the Sun and the Moon all circle the Earth, while the distant fixed stars all look on inwards to us as the centre of creation. This idea suited the Christian outlook of the times, for it physically placed the human race where God had placed them psychologically - as the crowning glory of His creation.
Copernicus was one of the first scientists to challenge this idea. It is now accepted that all experimental evidence and all our best theories point to the fact that the Earth is, astronomically speaking, an ordinary member of a solar system. The Sun is actually what sits at the centre of this system and is the binding force that keeps it together.

Experimental evidence also points to the fact that this solar system is not the centre of our galaxy. In fact, we can see the rest of our galaxy in the sky - the Milky Way - and even with the naked eye it is possible to realise that we are not at its centre.

We do not have any similar evidence to suggest that we are not the centre of the universe. We do not have any evidence to suggest that we are. Such evidence is impossible at present because we cannot even be sure that the universe has a centre. (If it is infinite, a unique central point has no meaning for every point is in some sense the centre.)

However, astrophysicists know that we once incorrectly assumed ourselves to be the centre of the solar system and are wary of making the same mistake twice. In the modern world, we attempt to remove any unnecessary assumptions from our theories and to work as unobjectively as possible. From this starting point, we assume that there is nothing extraordinary about our galaxy and therefore that it has about as much chance as being at the centre, if such a thing does exist, as anyone else - a probability of virtually zero.

It is with this, unbiased statistical reasoning that modern-day astronomers believe that we are not the centre of the universe.

Also, I could have more easily won by saying that the universe is infinate, so there can be no center.

I should like to think that Everyone shall vote for what is right, and for the person with the most manners.
Padfoot36

Con

I am right because you are always wrong. That is final. I need no proof to show that I, which includes the earth, am the most important thing in the universe, which makes me the center.
padfo0t

Pro

You never rebutted my PROOF. I am not happy with you. You are not always right and I hope everyone recognizes it.

Even IF the world was the center of the universe, which by the way is rediculous, and EVEN IF you where right all the time. That would mean that you where the center of the universe, and because I highly doubt that you are in the exact center of the earth, you wouyld be the center, not the earth.
That is silly to say because obviously I am right. Also, I am not saying that I am right all the time, like my stubborn opponent, but in this case, no one could argue against me and win. Including 'padfoot36'.
Padfoot36

Con

You talk too much. I hate you, you accuse me of not knowing everything, but i DO!!!. The world is the center of the universe and that is FINAL!!!
Posted by iluvmesummichael08 8 years ago
iluvmesummichael08
padfoot you are a great debater padfoot36 you suck because all you have were short arguments and you do not know what you are talking on second thought every body narrowed to age 6 knows about the world you need to go back to college goofy and get a degree thank you very much and how is padfoot 13 and how old are 80 so bye bye that is why you lost
{NO MORE COMMENTS}
Posted by padfo0t 8 years ago
padfo0t
I am happy to inform that Padfoot36 has left this site forever. He told me that debate.org is stupid, but he is still my friend.
Posted by padfo0t 8 years ago
padfo0t
That IS a good idea, but I am no cheater.
Posted by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
Who are you Cindela??? Are you a stalker? Leave me alone please. I know Padfoot36 and you do to. You are in the same PE class as him. Remember??? There he is right now...
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
Who cares, I'm new to this sight and I can tell already people vote based on what they already convinced to be true and could care less about the quality of the debate It's been my experience that if you provide information that even remotely suggests a different out come you are automatically considered a complete imbecile and have no understanding of anything and the information you would provide is almost never even considered or completely dismissed because they think you are an imbecile to begin with and it isn't even worth their time to even clarify why your information is wrong.
Posted by Cindela 9 years ago
Cindela
I have personally met "Padfo0t", and I have personally met "Padfoot36". You can take my word on this. THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON. EVERY ONE SHOULD NOT VOTE IN THIS DEBATE BECAUSE IT IS RIGGED. PADFO0T IS MERELY TRYING TO RACK UP WINS SO THAT HIS PERCENTAGES LOOK BETTER. WE SHOULD JUST MAKE THIS DEBATE A TIE SO THAT NOTHING HAPPENS. WE SHOULD ALL KNOW THAT THEY ARE THE SAME PERSON.
Posted by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
If you can't leave earth, it's the center of the unviverse as far as you are concerned.
Posted by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
I think the other guy/girl changed their picture because they don't like me.
Posted by padfo0t 9 years ago
padfo0t
Who's an evil rat????????? I am confused.
Posted by 911hereicome 9 years ago
911hereicome
hey padfoot (pros), intresting debate. thats weird that ur names r almost the same. well, great minds think alike!
Vote Placed by padfo0t 8 years ago
padfo0t
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by bigdog 9 years ago
bigdog
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by sadolite 9 years ago
sadolite
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by crazypenguin 9 years ago
crazypenguin
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by A-ROD 9 years ago
A-ROD
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by 911hereicome 9 years ago
911hereicome
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by Defenestrator 9 years ago
Defenestrator
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by mrqwerty 9 years ago
mrqwerty
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by Kleptin 9 years ago
Kleptin
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied
Vote Placed by Ristaag 9 years ago
Ristaag
padfo0tPadfoot36Tied