PowerPikachu21
Phenenas

The world would benefit if Pokemon existed

PowerPikachu21

Pro

I believe the world would benefit if Pokemon were to come to the real world.

Definitions:

Benefit; Having more Pros than Cons about Pokemon existing in our world.

Pokemon; Pokemon ["Pocket Monsters"] are creatures from a popular video game, and cartoon, franchise created by Nintendo and Game Freak.

Exist; Having objective being in our world.

Rules:

1: Round 1 is acceptance only. No arguments may be posted this round, or else you will lose.
2: No kritiks, trolling, insults, etc.
3: We're talking about the creatures from the Pokemon video games and cartoon. Suggesting that the video games already exist is an equivocation fallacy, and poor conduct.
4: BoP is shared. Pro (Me) will be arguing that if Pokemon existed, the world would improve. Con (Contender) will be arguing that if Pokemon existed, the world would suffer.
5: No new arguments in the 5th round. Doing so will result in an instant loss.

Rounds:

Round 1: Acceptance from Contender.
Round 2: Constructive cases from Pro and Con.
Round 3: Defenses and Rebuttals from Pro and Con.
Round 4: Defenses and Rebuttals from Pro and Con.
Round 5: Final defenses and rebuttals, as well as a summary of the debate.

I await my challenger.
Phenenas

Con

PowerPikachu21

Pro

I thank Pheneas for accepting. First, I would like to outline this debate.

For this debate, we will assume each and every Pokemon exists in this world. Pro's Burden of Proof is to prove that the world would be better with these Pokemon. Con's Burden of Proof is to suggest that Pokemon will hinder our Universe. With that, let's get into this!

Point 1; More social lives

With a Pokemon, kids will want to find other people to do Pokemon Battles, and see who has the stronger Pokemon. The winners would gain experience as a Pokemon Trainer, and strive to get even stronger, and maybe becoming a Pokemon League Champion, if the people want. If someone loses, they could learn from their mistakes, and learn how to become even better Trainers. Either way, people are going to make new friends once they go exploring the world with their new Charizard or Pikachu, and battle other trainers.

And these kids won't only have human friends, their Pokemon will also share a bond between them. When you go on vacation, and your Pokemon might like the area you're going to, you're probably going to want to send it out, and enjoy the vacation together. It'll be much more enjoyable with a friend than just by yourself, especially if your Pokemon's a close friend of yours.

[Summary of Point 1: With Pokemon, kids will be more outgoing and social with Pokemon Battles, and any other events humanity would want to create. These kids will also become friends with their Pokemon.]

Point 2; Individual Pokemon advantages

Each and every Pokemon have special skills and abilities, which can be useful in certain circumstances. Their pokedex entries state such. Here's a few Pokedex entries, as well as elaboration on the use for these abilities:

Chansey: "A kindly Pok"mon that lays highly nutritious eggs and shares them with injured Pok"mon or people." [Pokemon Black and White] These eggs are medicine, of sorts. They heal injuries, as well as diseases. According to many pokedex entries throughout the series, Chansey lays these eggs, therefore they are a renewable resource.

Delphox: "It gazes into the flame at the tip of its branch to achieve a focused state, which allows it to see into the future." [Pokemon X] Delphox is able to see into the future. With this ability, we can see what natural disasters will come, and when.

Chatot: "It can learn and speak human words. If they gather, they all learn the same saying." [Pokemon Y] Pretty much all Pokemon are only able to say their names (The dragons roar). Chatot, on the other hand, is able to learn and speak human language. We can train Chatot to interpret what Pokemon say, which helps with Delphox's ability to see the next hurricane or earthquake.

[Summary of Point 2; Pokemon can help us take on difficult times, such as Delphox's ability to see an incoming tornado. Chatot can translate what these Pokemon are saying, so we can act accordingly to the Pokemons' ideas.]

There are over 600 Pokemon, and I do admit that not all Pokemon are helpful to humanity. But the ones that are helpful, are really good for humanity. I'll be handing this debate back over to Con.
Phenenas

Con

Thank you for your opening argument, Pro. I will now be arguing that the existence of Pokemon would make this world a terrible place. Here are the main points I will be making this round:

1. Training is impossible
2. Pokemon will not help us
3. Pokemon harm children
4. Pokemon harm the environment

1. Training is impossible
I believe there is a misunderstanding concerning Pro's definitions. Let's take a look.

"We're talking about the creatures from the Pokemon video games and cartoon. Suggesting that the video games already exist is an equivocation fallacy, and poor conduct."

"Pokemon ["Pocket Monsters"] are creatures from a popular video game..."

Twice Pro defines Pokemon as the creatures themselves, not any items or other aspects of the Pokemon world. In the games, and almost always in the cartoon, the only way one can "catch" a Pokemon, thereby taming it, is with a Poke Ball. Since the Poke Ball is not a real invention, and it explicitly defies the laws of physics [1], the idea of taming a wild Pokemon in the real world ranges from very rare to impossible. Therefore, Pro's "more social lives" argument is irrelevant.

Since there cannot exist any "Trainers" in our world, one would have to assume that all Pokemon on the planet would be wild. In every single Pokemon game, encountering a wild Pokemon instantly throws you into a battle with it. We can therefore assume that every Pokemon is either aggressive towards humans or very territorial. The attack isn't just a warning, either: if the trainer's entire team faints, the wild Pokemon chases the trainer off, and the trainer is invariably forced to flee for his life, in such a panic that money flies out of his or her pockets. Pokemon are not kind or friendly; without Poke Balls, they are savage and bloodthirsty monsters.

2. Pokemon will not help us
Next, Pro contends that several individual Pokemon species will be able to give mankind tremendous help with their respective powers, such as Chansey's wound-healing eggs and Delphox's clairvoyance. I won't deny that if we were able to control these Pokemon, they would prove useful in furthering the human condition. But there is no way to be sure that Pokemon are willing to help us. What if the Chansey only feed the eggs to their young? What if the Delphox simply refuse to tell anyone of their future visions? After all, they have no obligation to help humans, and there is nothing indicating that Pokemon are inherently friendly toward us. Why should they be? I'm sure no Chansey would want a gang of hairless apes invading her nest and stealing her precious eggs.

3. Pokemon harm children
I will give Pro the benefit of the doubt and say that maybe not every Pokemon in the world is a savage beast. But there are still many species that are explicitly mentioned to be dangerous, cruel, and downright evil, even towards innocent kids. Let us take a look.

"Avoid eye contact if you come across one. It will try to put you to sleep by using its pendulum." -Yellow's Pokedex entry for Hypno

Hypno is definitely not friendly. If you even look at it, it will lull you to sleep. And that isn't all it does.

"There once was an incident in which it took away a child it hypnotized." -FireRed's Pokedex entry for Hypno

That's right; Hypno preys on children. Even if Pokemon could be tamed, which they could not in Pro's hypothetical situation, that would not prevent creepy Hypno from stealing your kids and doing unspeakable things to them. Here is more evidence that Pokemon are extremely dangerous for children.

"It is whispered that any child who mistakes Drifloon for a balloon and holds on to it could wind up missing." -HeartGold's Pokedex entry for Drifloon

"An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon. They are said to live in garbage dumps and wander about in search of the children that threw them away." -Emerald's Pokedex entry for Banette

Both of these terrifying creatures manifest themselves as fun, innocent children's toys. Drifloon takes advantage of tiny toddlers' love of balloons to spirit them away to who-knows-where, and Banette are the vengeful spirits of dolls in search of their old owners, no doubt to torture them in all kinds of gruesome ways. I would say a world where one can't even throw away an old toy without fear is not a very good world at all.

4. Pokemon harm the environment
"Wherever Grimer has passed, so many germs are left behind that no plants will ever grow again." -Silver's Pokedex entry for Grimer

"Known to cause forest fires unintentionally." -Red's Pokedex entry for Charizard

Think of how devastating both of these would be. No forest will be safe if there is even one Charizard in the world, let alone half a hundred species of Fire-type Pokemon. And Grimer not only kills plant life, it renders the very soil infertile. Given that plant-based products comprise much of every human's diet, a Grimer outbreak would likely cause mass famine. These are merely two examples; there are many other ways that the moves and abilities of certain Pokemon could destroy the world as we know it. Think of moves like Drought, Earthquake, Hurricane, and Blizzard. Every time one of these moves are used, a natural disaster occurs. This would result in a tragically huge loss of human life.

There are plenty of Pokemon with descriptions even more horrifying than these, but I will save them for a later round. I will now allow Pro to give his counterargument in round 3.

SOURCES:
PowerPikachu21

Pro

When making my argument, I completely forgot that one crucial thing didn't exist; Pokeballs. Without Pokeballs, which is going to be difficult creating with our current technology, Pokemon won't be tamed very easily. Even if Pokeballs existed, like Con said, Pokemon are dangerous. THis begs the question; How does Ash survive on his journeys?

I'll have to concede this debate, because 1) We can't tame Pokemon without Pokeballs, therefore survive. And 2) Muk destroys plant life, as well as Pokemon whose bodies contain fire. We'd probably go extinct! I thank Phenenas for accepting, and go ahead and vote him. I really forgot about Pokeballs, didn't I?
Phenenas

Con

Thank you for the debate, Pro. It's a shame that you had to concede. Good luck on all your debates in the future!
PowerPikachu21

Pro

PowerPikachu21 forfeited this round.
PowerPikachu21

Pro

So I heard you like Mudkipz. ;)
Phenenas

Con

If only Mudkips came to the world, I would be totally fine with that.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
@princearchitect

Believe me when I say I've taken worse from people who were completely unrepentant. I don't hold grudges, and I certainly appreciate the apology. If any of my decisions don't make sense or if you feel like I'm personally harassing you, let's talk about it. My inbox is always open.
Posted by princearchitect 1 year ago
princearchitect
@ Phenenas, you're very welcome sir and thank you for forgiveness and apology, now let the healing begin.
I wish you well in your future debates and I'm making a personal commitment to myself and to you to not hinder any of your debates going forward.

@ Whiteflame I want to apologize to you as well, I was very upset and had no clue why you was removing all my votes, but no matter what the reason were I should display more self-control and not get out of character the way I did. I hope you forgive me for my rude behavior and we could move on from this incident. God bless you all!
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: princearchitect// Mod action: Removed<

5 points to Pro (Conduct, S&G, Arguments), 2 points to Con (Sources). Reasons for voting decision: Pro had much more constructive arguments in this debate, Pro's definition and benefits of why Pokemon. It's a morality tale Good always wins over evil. Anyone whose fighting for the good causes to save the universe gets my vote any day. Con wins source.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter doesn't explain conduct or S&G. (2) Sources are insufficiently explained. The voter has to do more than state that one side wins these points, and must explain why Con's sources were more reliable. (3) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter has to analyze specific arguments made by both debaters and come to a decision based on those arguments. In this case, the voter only vaguely alludes to Pro's arguments, and appears to find them agreeable solely because of his own biases. In both cases, that's insufficient.
************************************************************************
Posted by Phenenas 1 year ago
Phenenas
@princearchitect Thank you for admitting your wrongdoing. I forgive you, and apologize for any insults I've given. I hope our relations will be less strained in the future.
Posted by princearchitect 1 year ago
princearchitect
@PowerPikachu21 you are absolutely right, My vote was biased towards , I was very angry with Phenenas and that anger carried over to this debate and for that I apologize. @ Phenenas I' am publicly apologizing to you as well & I don't hate you nevertheless you deserved to win this debate and for that I apologize.

Therefore, the action I have taken to right my wrong, I have consulted an admin of DDO to see what could I do, I asked could I change my vote after the voting period was over but I can't, but what I can do the admin told me is I can report my vote acknowledging that I was biased toward PowerPikachu21 and they would remove my vote.

Again Phenenas I apologize to you publicly because the loving and caring God I serve admonish us to confess our faults to one another James 5:1 6King James Version (KJV)

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

So I got confirmation that I will report my vote, they will remove it and you two would be a tie.
I hope you both find it in your heart to forgive me, as I have forgiven you Phenenas. Good luck on all your future debates.
Posted by Phenenas 1 year ago
Phenenas
@PowerPikachu21 Congratulations on winning the debate, but princearchitect is an immature, childish prick who threw a tantrum because my argument was better than his on a debate we had. So he hates me now, even though he's apparently 43 years old. How pathetic can you get?
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
@princearchitect Thanks for the vote... except your vote seems biased towards me. Arguments don't seem very justified in your vote, you just say "Pro had more constructive arguments". Spelling and Grammar isn't justified, and seems pretty tied to me. Conduct isn't justified, although I could see a concession being good conduct. Sources is also not justified. Your opinion that I'm arguing for a good cause is irrelevant. You're also just outright ignoring Con's arguments, it seems.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Never mind! It just took a while to load. (Right after my previous comment. Sorry for the delayed response to it)
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Oh no. I seriously hope the forfeiting glitch didn't return!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
Real quick, "Drought" is an ability, not a move.