yomama12
noprisu

The worst type in pokemon

Started: 4/9/2014 Category: Games

yomama12

Pro

In my opinion, i think Bug type pokemon are the worst type of pokemon, my opponent will be arguing that a different type is worse.
noprisu

Con

I would like to thank my opponent for this debate.

I will explain why the argument that one type is better is an impossibility due to the nature of Pokemon itself.

By worse, i assume, he means "of poorer quality or a lower standard; less good or desirable."

The game of pokemon is based around a complex game of advantages over disadvantages of the opponent. This can be shown with the leveling system, the different moves you use, and the "type" system. The last of these is the most crucial. The system of "types" is a rock-paper-scissors match between different pokemon. The simplest explanation is of Grass, Fire, and Water. In this, Fire is beaten by water, which is beaten by grass, which is beaten by fire. This is present with every type, and believe it or not, bug pokemon have resistances to more types of pokemon than almost everyone else.(1)

This also means that the idea that one type can be the "worst" is very unlikely. Each type has advantages over one another. This is why one type cannot be better than another. Sure, one type can have higher base stats and a better set of moves, but a type advantage is seen to cause the greatest advantage in a match of equal levels.

The question my opponent is asking me to is next to impossible. I cannot very well show that one type is better than another in proof.

I look forward to my opponent's response.

(1):http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
yomama12

Pro

Bug type pokemon, are officially the worst type of pokemon in the game (excluding heracross, he's bug/fighting, sooo...).
http://www.thetoptens.com...

As you can see, other people also agree with me. Bug type pokemon are only good if you catch a shiny one, as that makes you feel as though you have acomplished something in your video game life. Overall, people just straight up hate them, including me. They have horrible HP, bad attack(except for megahorn), horrible defense, bad sp attack, horrible sp defense, and bad speed. Bug type pokemon, to a pokemon gamer, are just a challenge to try to train them to be their best, but end up getting creamed by the fire elite four member. I once fought somebody with all of his pokemon being bug type, and creamed them all with a lvl 32 charmander. Good enough for u?
noprisu

Con

noprisu forfeited this round.
yomama12

Pro

Although rock type pokemon are weak too, they have way better defense. I know this is coming out of the blue, but i thought someone would make an argument that rock type was weaker :P
noprisu

Con

I thank my opponent for their response.

I will now address the contentions made in R2. No new arguments will be made, only rebuttals.

"Bug type pokemon, are officially the worst type of pokemon in the game (excluding heracross, he's bug/fighting, sooo...).
http://www.thetoptens.com...;

The source is, in no way, official. It may offer some insight into a popular opinion about the subject but is not endorsed or supported by those who produce the game.

"Overall, people just straight up hate them, including me." "As you can see, other people also agree with me."

The idea that the amount of people alone make an idea correct, plausible, or anyhow encouraged is a logical fallacy. This is called "An appeal to popular vote". If we all decide that slavery is A OK, does that make it right? I hope your response is "No".

"They have horrible HP, bad attack(except for megahorn), horrible defense, bad sp attack, horrible sp defense, and bad speed."

In comparison to the other type averages, the bug type does have lower average stats. However, it is only 45 points, at max level, lower than the type of Fighting. That is one of the biggest gaps in stats. This difference is a small difference over all the stats, showing that the stats arguments is invalid. In addition, the Pokemons speed is above average as well as its evasiveness.

"Bug type pokemon, to a pokemon gamer, are just a challenge to try to train them to be their best, but end up getting creamed by the fire elite four member. I once fought somebody with all of his pokemon being bug type, and creamed them all with a lvl 32 charmander. Good enough for u?"

While I do find your feat impressive, i cannot take this as evidence because it is anecdotal evidence. One example that you provide cannot reinforce every instance. Scientists do not perform just one trial or test; they perform multiple tests to see if their own error could of skewed the results.

My opponent has not demonstrated an objective reason why Bug pokemon are worse than any other type.

i apologize for the forfeit, and will concede all conduct points for this debate.

Vote Con