DebaterforAtheism
telisw37

Theism

DebaterforAtheism

Con

This is indeed my first debate on this site. I wish have my initial debate concerning the validity of Atheism, the belief that no god or gods exist and created the universe. Do not be under the impression that, for this is merely my first debate, I am unlikely to win. I debate professionally every month and have acquired many skills in doing so.
This debate is about the validity of Theism and whether or not it is the correct view. To make it simpler, it is about whether or not a god or gods exist. I will be taking the con side.
Looking at many previous debates on this site, I can see that many people neglect to follow certain rules. Therefore, I am going to present some:

1. In an effort to make this debate more serious, civilized, and correct according to the universal rules of debate, proper spelling and grammar should be utilized at all times.
2. For any websites, books, or other media you utilize, you must cite them. I personally prefer MLA citation, but you can use whatever method you wish to use.

To make this debate orderly, round 1 will be used only for acceptance. Round 2 will be for main arguments only. No rebuttals will presented in round 2. For round three, rebuttals will be stated. Round 4 will be utilized for final rebuttals and your conclusion.

In this debate, I am looking to debate someone who is serious about their position as Theist and who will not simply forget about this debate or be incapable of taking it seriously. Do not accept this debate if you cannot commit to it and take it seriously.

I look forward to the outcome of my first debate and I wish my opponent, whoever he or she may be, good luck.
telisw37

Pro

Thank you. For offering this debate. I accepted because one should always be ready to defend their faith.
DebaterforAtheism

Con

Introduction

I would like to begin by thanking my opponent for assuming this debate. As he seems to be rather experienced, this should be a productive parley.

Arguments

I will now convey a list of basic points that I will go over in my attempt to prove Theism incorrect.

1. A necessary being is impossible.
2. The universe did not have a creator, nor did it need one.
3. There is no proof of a god.
4. Data and facts have always disproved faith

I will begin my argument by talking about a contingent being versus a necessary being.
Dictionary.com defines 'contingent' as "dependent for existence, occurrence, character, etc." It defines 'necessary' as "acting or proceeding from compulsion or necessity; not free; involuntary."
A contingent being is a being that exists as a result of something else. A necessary being is a being that exists on its own and came into existence without any external factors.
A necessary being is impossible and I intend to prove why. A 'being' is a living thing that exists. Another actuality is this: All life in the universe is a result of something that came before it. I am a result of my mother and father. They are a result of their mother and father. Everyone trying to scientifically prove God says that He is a necessary being. However, a living being - capable of creating and capable of thoughts - cannot be a necessary one.
All life is a result of something that came before it. Unless God is a computer with AI, He is impossible. In coda, God, as people describe Him, cannot exist.

I will now move on to point number 2. The universe did not have a creator, nor did it need one. According to Professor Stephen W. Hawking, this is true. Here is why: Before the universe, there was no time. Space-time came into existence after the big bang. How could God (Remember, necessary beings are impossible) have existed before the universe to create it if there was no time? Please feel free to enlighten me as to how that may have been feasible.
However, I also said that it does not need a creator. This is a different issue. According to M-Theory, a version of multiverse theories, propose that several universes sprung out of nothing. This science is far to advanced for me to fully fathom, for my knowledge of quantum physics and theory is inadequate compared to that of Hawking. However, I know enough to understand that it is indeed possible.

For point number 3, I said that there is no proof of God.
1. God has not left any viable evidence of his existence.
2. God has never spoken to modern man.
3. The resurrected Jesus has never appeared to anyone.
4. The Bible is the work of men, not God.
5. When analyzing prayer with science, we find no evidence of anything atypical occurring.
6. Many things stated in the Bible, like Creationism, Noah's Arc, et-cetera, have been proven wrong.
7. This list continues on.

Finally, my fourth point is that data and facts have always disproven faith. Here are some examples:
1. We are made up of mostly carbon atoms. Like evolution, we have proved this without a doubt. We also know that carbon atoms are only formed within stars. Looking at this, we can tell that many eons of stars had to transpire by before Earth could form. This means the universe has been around longer than 7,000 years, as well as Earth. Thus, it disproves this quote:
"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters. And God said, "Let there be light.""
2. Evolution is a proven fact. Therefore, Adam and Eve have been proven false.
3. There is nil evidence that Noah's Arc ever came to pass. By looking at all sorts of evidence, none has been found.

In conclusion for my main arguments, I have disproven five things: Necessary beings, the universe having a creator, the universe needing a creator, proof of God, and faith itself. I believe I have sufficiently made my arguments clear.
I look forward to my opponent's arguments and speculate about whether he can manage to prove me wrong. I patiently await his arguments.

MLA Citations

"Contingent." Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 22 June 2014. <http://dictionary.reference.com...;.
"Necessary." Dictionary.com. Dictionary.com, n.d. Web. 22 June 2014. <http://dictionary.reference.com...;.
Davidson, Matthew. "God and Other Necessary Beings." Stanford University. Stanford University, 29 Apr. 2005. Web. 22 June 2014. <http://plato.stanford.edu...;.
"The Cosmological Argument." The Many Worlds of Logic. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2014. <http://www.manyworldsoflogic.com...;.
"Stephen Hawking: The Universe Did Not Need God to Create It." Stephen Hawking: The Universe Did Not Need God to Create It. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2014. <http://www.digitaljournal.com...;.
"God Is Imaginary - 50 Simple Proofs." God Is Imaginary - 50 Simple Proofs. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2014. <http://godisimaginary.com...;.

telisw37

Pro

I will begin by challenging my opponents four beginning points. My opponent posted:
"1. A necessary being is impossible. (WTF???? DOES THAT MEAN OR EXPLAIN?)
2. The universe did not have a creator, nor did it need one. (Say's You? How did you get here?)
3. There is no proof of a god. (Beg to differ!)
4. Data and facts have always disproved faith" (Faith? Please explain the need for faith in the exchange for, the lack or, need for God given common sense?)

1. Who is my opponent to assert what is accutally possible when there "YOU ARE........" DUH? How did you get here? The Big Bang??????

2. Was my opponent there when the universe was created? NO!!!!!!! He only offered personal opinion.

3. My opponent has never ever read the back of a USA dollar bill because that is proof of God!
However no nation has ever done what USA has done in 250+ years. Other base nations have been around for thousands of years without making it to be the world leader, like USA.
More proof in your face.

4. My opponent is error again. Without faith nothing would ever be challenged.

What makes the world go around? Cash Money? PROOF GOD EXIST!!!

Now my opponent will assert that this is not proof, I ask the reader to use God given common sense that my opponet deny's even exist. Who told The President to put it there? Please do not insult me and the reader, by explaining to us, the history of the dollar and when God's name was put on the money, of the greatest nation ever on earth?
https://www.google.com...
https://www.google.com...

The big bang is accepted by most atheist, and is a new idea actually. Our early ancestors belived in God...

History of the Big Bang theory
Ancient philosophy and medieval temporal finitism[edit]

In medieval philosophy, there was much debate over whether the universe had a finite or infinite past (see Temporal finitism). The philosophy of Aristotle held that the universe had an infinite past, which caused problems for medieval Jewish and Islamic philosophers who were unable to reconcile the Aristotelian conception of the eternal with the Abrahamic view of creation.[1] As a result, a variety of logical arguments for the universe having a finite past were developed by John Philoponus, Al-Kindi,Saadia Gaon, Al-Ghazali and Immanuel Kant, among others.[2]

In his 1225 treatise De Luce (On Light), English theologian Robert Grosseteste explored the nature of matter and the cosmos. He described the birth of the Universe in an explosion and the crystallization of matter to form stars and planets in a set of nested spheres around Earth. De Luce is the first attempt to describe the heavens and Earth using a single set of physical laws.[3]

My opponent mocks the Lord with his computer statement. When God created the human brain that is smarter that the computer, becuase it was created by human hand over a long period of time. The brain is a constant.
https://www.google.com...
https://www.google.com...
In America there is a bible placed in every hotel room in the nation that is under God. Proof #2
Who told them to do it and how did they get the money?

Notice that the big bang or Darwin's book, that is (also a 'Theory' not a fact!) and does not compare with the bible.................

DebaterforAtheism

Con

Introduction

Though I would usually begin a debate by thanking my opponent, there is not much to thank him for right now. He has broken many rules. First, he provided his rebuttals in round 2, when I, in round 1, clearly stated that "Round 2 will be for main arguments only." Second, his grammar was dreadful, which is in violation of my rule: "proper spelling and grammar should be utilized at all times."
According to the standard, universal code of debate, violating the rules fabricated by the instigator of a debate results in a loss. Perhaps my opponent can redeem himself in this round.

Rebuttals

Now that it is round 3, it is time for rebuttals. My opponent's arguments consisted of opinions and unsubstantiated statements. They will be tremendously easy to refute.

My opponent began by listing the four basic points I made and trying to refute them. When refuting them, he gave opinions, not facts of evidence. "Beg to differ" is not an argument.

"1. Who is my opponent to assert what is accutally possible when there "YOU ARE........" DUH? How did you get here? The Big Bang??????"
I can assert what is possible because I have rights. I don't really know what my opponent is asking here. I assert what is possible by using facts, data, and evidence. Looking further into my opponent's arguments, he is asserting what he thinks to be possible by looking at the back of the US Dollar.

"2. Was my opponent there when the universe was created? NO!!!!!!! He only offered personal opinion."
I was not there when the universe was created. Therefore, I do not know with 100% certainty what occurred then. However, my opponent doesn't either. He says a god created it, but offers no proof. I say there was a big bang, but I offer proof and viable theories.

"3. My opponent has never ever read the back of a USA dollar bill because that is proof of God!"
What does the back of the US Dollar have to do with proving God? It says "In God We Trust". This is a truly poor argument. Allow me to explain the real reason 'In God We Trust' is on the dollar.
The phrase was placed on the back of the dollar by Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase "because of the increased religious sentiment existing during the Civil War." Clearly, it was A MAN who placed it there, not "an invisible man in the sky."

"4. My opponent is error again. Without faith nothing would ever be challenged."
Why? Why would nothing ever be challenged. Explain that, please. Enlighten me.

"What makes the world go around? Cash Money? PROOF GOD EXIST!!!"
Actually, the gravitational pull of the sun "makes the world go around." This is a proven scientific fact that cannot be denied.

"Who told The President to put it there?"
The president did not put it there. It was Secretary of the Treasury Salmon P. Chase. Many of the more religious population of citizens recommended he put it there.

"The big bang is accepted by most atheist, and is a new idea actually. Our early ancestors belived in God..."
What did our early ancestry know about advanced science? Nothing. That is why they believed in God.

"My opponent mocks the Lord with his computer statement. When God created the human brain that is smarter that the computer, becuase it was created by human hand over a long period of time. The brain is a constant."
First, I was giving an example. I was explaining how God could not have existed before the big bang. Secondly, the brain is not a constant. Haven't you heard of neuroplasticity? The brain can change, evolve, reprogram its neurons, et-cetera.

"In America there is a bible placed in every hotel room in the nation that is under God. Proof #2
Who told them to do it and how did they get the money?"
No one told them to do that. They decided to do it themselves. What do you mean "how did they get the money?" Do you think God gave them the money? I think they got the money either from their bank loans or from their paying customers.

"Notice that the big bang or Darwin's book, that is (also a 'Theory' not a fact!) and does not compare with the bible................."
The theory of evolution is a proven scientific fact. It has been tested, it has been proven in a lab, and there is decades of hard work and research behind proving it. It's repeatable. Do not try to disprove it, when you cannot. Evolution has been proven and it is a fact.

In conclusion, I have refuted every argument my opponent has made. I have also followed the rules, which my opponent has failed to do. Unless my opponent can do a better job in this round, I would say he has lost the debate. I look forward to hearing what he has to say and I patiently await his arguments.

MLA Citations

"In God We Trust." AllAboutHistory.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 June 2014. .
"Neuroplasticity." Medterms. N.p., n.d. Web. 23 June 2014. .
telisw37

Pro

I would like to remind my opponent that the burden of proof that Theism is false is on you. I broke no such rule. You failed to define who and what God is.
I am still warming up, the hammer is coming.

My opponent wants proof of God.
Claims victory because of rules he himself created. Without clear definition of a absolute anything. So hiding behind rules is my opponent's opportunity to win by off nothing of substance, no facts opinions of men who are not God. Where is Darwin's dollar? In maggots turning to men we trust? You must buy Darwinism! But the bible is free in any hotel inn America ONE NATION UNDER GOD. No other book is equal.
I refute my opponent's false lying statement that Darwin's evolutionary THEORY is a proven fact.
In other words my opponent claims that he is a product of maggots in the mud turning into monkeys that grew thumbs that moved from the jungles learning to make housing, who turned into men. Duh? Why does apes still stay in a jungle or a zoo? Awaiting your answer! And show proof.
I claim to be created by God in His image. The creator who made maggots to cleanse waste and monkeys to live in trees and created men to live in houses.
Where is your proof. Evolution is a new idea taught as fact but it is a lie. Why? There would still be maggots turning to men, continuing on to this very day...... I further refute your insane statement about God needing a computer when God can make a brain that makes computers. Man is still trying to make a thumb.
https://www.google.com...

This is God's answer to the atheist/evolutionary theorists. See it is a direct answer to my opponent's assertion of theory concerning truth and reality.

Romans 1:19-26
19"For that which is known about God is evident to them"and"made plain in their inner consciousness, because God [Himself] has shown it to them.
20"For ever since the creation of the world His invisible nature"and"attributes, that is, His eternal power and divinity, have been made intelligible"and"clearly discernible inand"through the things that have been made (His handiworks). So [men] are without excuse [altogether without any defense or justification],
21"Because when they knew"and"recognized Him as God, they did not honor"and"glorify Him as God or give Him thanks. But instead they became futile"and"[a]godless in their thinking [with vain imaginings, foolish reasoning, and stupid speculations] and their senseless minds were darkened.
22"Claiming to be wise, they became fools [professing to be smart, they made simpletons of themselves].
23"And by them the glory and majesty"andexcellence of the immortal God were exchanged for"and"represented by images, resembling mortal man and birds and beasts and reptiles.
24"Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their [own] hearts to sexual impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves [abandoning them to the degrading power of sin],
25"Because they exchanged the truth of God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, Who is blessed forever! Amen (so be it).
26"For this reason God gave them over"andabandoned them to vile affections"anddegrading passions. For their women exchanged their natural function for an unnatural"and"abnormal one,
27"And the men also turned from natural relations with women and were set ablaze (burning out, consumed) with lust for one another"men committing shameful acts with men and suffering in their own"[b]bodiesand"personalities the inevitable consequences"and"penalty of their wrong-doing"and"going astray, which was [their] fitting retribution.

Well if you want to see Sodom look around. Does homosexuality exist?
Did King David exist? Does England and The Queen (Who claimed to be a direct descendant of King David who is a direct descendant of Christ who died on a cross proving to the world that He is God.) who sits on the Throne, guarding David's actual throne really exist?
Does she sit Not on a throne right in your face!
Meaning King Davids chair is actually in her house.

https://www.google.com...
https://www.google.com...

No truth of God yet religion everywhere.

1. I offer the Royal Line of David that exists still to this day. Remember that Queen Elizabeth Herself claims to be a direct descendant of David. Who was the Father of Jesus Christ. Who was The Son of David.

https://www.google.com...
https://www.google.com...

A quote from the link above:

"After many years of searching, Israeli archaeologists announced Thursday the discovery of a large palace and storeroom believed to have once belonged to the Biblical monarch King David.

"The ruins are the best example to date of the uncovered fortress city of King David," lead researchers Yossi Garfinkel and Saar Ganor said, according to the Jerusalem Post. "This is indisputable proof of the"existence of a central authority in Judah during the time of King David."

The excavation was a joint project led by the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Israel Antiquities Authorities that took place over seven years at Khirbet Qeiyafa, roughly 18 miles southwest of Jerusalem, according"to a news release from the Israeli Antiquities Authority (IAA)."

2. The Jewish People and their Nation named Israel. With the very Wailing Wall built by David's son named Solomon.
More proof God exists.
Matthew 1:1

The book"of"the ancestry (genealogy)of"Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed), the"son"(descendant)"ofDavid, the"son"(descendant)"ofAbraham.

Matthew 9:27

As Jesus passed on from there, two blind men followed Him, shouting loudly, Have pity"and"mercy on us,"Sonof"David!

Matthew 12:23

And all the [crowds"of] people were stunned with bewildered wonder and said, This cannot be the"Son"of"David, can it?

Matthew 15:22

And behold, a woman who was a Canaanite from that district came out and, with a [loud, troublesomely urgent] cry, begged, Have mercy on me, O Lord,Son"of"David! My daughter is miserablyand"distressingly"and"cruelly possessed by a demon!

Matthew 20:30

And behold, two blind men were sitting by the roadside, and when they heard that Jesus was passing by, they cried out, Lord, have pity"and"mercy on us, [You]"Son"of"David!

Matthew 20:31

The crowds reproved them and told them to keep still; but they cried out all the more, Lord, have pity"and"mercy on us, [You]"Son"of"David!

Matthew 21:9

And the crowds that went ahead"of"Him and those that followed Him kept shouting, Hosanna (O be propitious, graciously inclined) to the"Son"ofDavid, [the Messiah]! Blessed (praised, glorified) is He Who comes in the nameof"the Lord! Hosanna (O be favorably disposed) in the highest [heaven]!

Matthew 21:15

But when the chief priests and the scribes saw the wonderful things that He did and the boys"and"the girls"andthe youths"and"the maidens crying out in the porches"and"courts"of"the temple, Hosanna (O be propitious, graciously inclined) to the"Son"ofDavid! they were indignant.

Matthew 22:42

Saying, What do you think"of"the Christ? Whose"Son"is He? They said to Him, The"Son"of"David.

Mark 10:47

And when he heard that it was Jesus"ofNazareth, he began to shout, saying, Jesus,"Son"of"David, have pity"andmercy on me [now]!

So I conclude this point of proof that God exist, proven throughout the Royal Bloodline of King David so even blind people can see simple truth. But on to the Jewish people of God. Does my opponent deny Jews exist? Men who wear black suits and caps and black hats. Who also love to wail at a wall built by God's/Jesus's great great...........grandfather. David the Father of Solomon the temple builder. If the wailing wall exists in Israel in Jerusalem God's. Land where nations war over the Rock, that happens to built over the HOLY PLACE!
Is proof more.
What exactly does the bible call atheist? God's answer not mine.
Psalm 53:1
[ Psalm 53 ] [ For the director of music. According to mahalath. Amaskil of David. ] The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, and their ways are vile; there is no one who does good.
DebaterforAtheism

Con

Introduction

My opponent claims that he has not broken any rules. Allow be to debunk that claim immediately. Here was my rule in complete:
"In an effort to make this debate more serious, civilized, and correct according to the universal rules of debate, proper spelling and grammar should be utilized at all times."
Then, my opponent said this:
"Who is my opponent to assert what is accutally possible when there "YOU ARE........" DUH? How did you get here? The Big Bang??????"
I do not know exactly how one would classify that sentence, but it does not follow any grammatical rules I am aware of. My opponent has also made many more errors like it, as well as some very unfortunate spelling errors.

Rebuttals

I will begin by responding to this statement: "I refute my opponent's false lying statement that Darwin's evolutionary THEORY is a proven fact." My opponent wants proof of evolution. I will give him proof.

1. The universal genetic code shows great similarities between all species on Earth.
2. The fossil record shows similarities between seemingly different species. It also shows the evolutionary jump between species.
3. Genetic commonalities show great gene similarities between different species. For example, humans share 96% of their DNA with chimpanzees.
4. Common traits in embryos show that all species are almost the same at first.
5. Bacterial resistance to antibiotics show that species do indeed evolve.

I believe I have sufficiently proven evolution. I will now move on.

"I claim to be created by God in His image."
Evolution proves that wrong, does it not? How could God have created man in His image if we have proved that we evolved?

Next, my opponent gave some long quotes from the Bible. Allow me to explain why this is a poor argument.

"The difference between evolution and Creationism is that evolution is real and Creationism is not real. Creationism is based on the Bible that says that God created the world in 6 days about 10,000 years ago. Clearly the world was not created in 6 days about 10,000 years ago, so therefore the Bible is just [] wrong. If the world were merely 10,000 years old then how do you explain the dinosaurs that are millions of years old? We've discovered life fossils that date back billions of years. Even the skeletons of modern humans date back before the time of Adam and Eve.
"If we were to believe the Bible, then we would have to believe the Earth was created before the stars, which is the wrong order. If the stars were created 10,000 years ago, we wouldn't be able to see stars that are more than 10,000 light years away. That's because if a star was further away than 10,000 light years, the light from that star wouldn't have got here yet. Our galaxy alone is about 100,000 light years across. If the Bible were true, we wouldn't be able to see but 1/10th the way across our own galaxy. We surely wouldn't be able to see other galaxies or galactic clusters or know that the universe is expanding.
"Our modern technology has proved the Bible wrong. That means that if there is a God, he didn't write the Bible and the Bible is not his word. If the Bible were the word of God and the Bible is wrong, then God is wrong. And if God can't be wrong, then the Bible, which is wrong, can't be the word of God."
Furthermore, the Bible was written thousands of years ago by men. These men didn't know anything about evolution, gravity, galaxies, or anything regarding science. They were also most likely malnourished.

My opponent has offered many poor arguments that rely on faith along, not facts. If my opponent cannot prove God using factual, viable evidence, then he has given no method of convincing. This is because there is no evidence of God. There is no proof, and therefore he he nonexistent. My opponent's arguments about how God is real because people believe in him is irrelevant and poor.

In conclusion, I have refuted every one of my opponent's arguments. My opponent has not been able to disprove any of my argument. Therefore, in all fairness, I believe I have won this debate. However, my opponent still has one more argument to make. When he makes it, we shall see what the voters say. I patiently await my opponent's final rebuttals and conclusion to this debate. Thank you for debating this topic with me.

MLA Citations

"Five Proofs of Evolution." Evolution FAQ. N.p., n.d. Web. 22 June 2014. <http://evolutionfaq.com...;
"Church of Reality." Church of Reality. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 June 2014. <http://www.churchofreality.org...;
telisw37

Pro

I would like thank my opponent again for bringing absolutely nothing of substance to this debate. Instead he cries like. big baby because his maggot to monkeys that made themselves into men ("THEORY" !!!) is just silly. How many student loans did that cost????? So I am not educated (brainwashed) in Academia! True I can not spell, 90% what I write in this debate, without spell check. I literally carry a dictionary in my backpack. However trusting in God given common sense makes a man wiser than anyone that claims that maggots made themselves into monkeys then became men.
Sorry that is not smart at all. Also If my opponent had God given common sense then, he would understand that a THEIST does not care about winning debates. They only care to defend the faith in order to please an INVISIBLE SKY DADDY!!!!! DUH!!!!!!

My opponent posted:
"My opponent claims that he has not broken any rules. Allow be to debunk that claim immediately. Here was my rule in complete:
Then, my opponent said this:
I do not know exactly how one would classify that sentence, but it does not follow any grammatical rules I am aware of. My opponent has also made many more errors like it, as well as some very unfortunate spelling errors."

Well I offer a real facts and proof you can see. Not just perfect grammer which is a fancy way of:
"Talking Loud and Saying Nothing"
Proof is something tangible. Theories are imaginary therefore must be proven. My opponent babbled again misquoting religious opinions about "creationism". Obvious that my opponent is biblically illiterate. Because a day with God is a thousands years with man. Also the bible speaks of three world earth ages. So wise people with God given common sense understand we are in the second earth age. Dinosaurs were in the first. And Jesus Christ well rule the third earth age. The bible also says: Satan decieives the whole world, I say evolutionary theory about maggot, monkey men is a real good start.

Now on to facts and real proof of God. I offered the Royal Line of David as proof of God the guy on the cross. Now on to the Queen who sits on the Throne were you find the free blessed people.
Now it is a shame you let a uneducated shoe shine man take to school! History 101.
God cursed the Kingline of David because of Solomon and the rest of the wicked king/sons. (Only a few were good.). However the blessing fell to the Royal Daughters of David. So is why The Queens have ruled.
https://www.google.com... show me a Queen's Nation from the Royal Line of David and I will show you:
free people, freedom of religion, education, running water with proper plumbing for most, strong military, basic safety and the right to be an atheist even. Another title for the Queen is :"keeper of the faith!" and that faith is Christianity, meaning the basic freedom to live a good life, and the ten commandments are generally followed. Do not steal, Do not murder, etc..
Nations ruled by the Queen of the Royal Line of David!

Contrast that by comparison with Atheist Based, Not of the God of The Bible Nations or Islamic or religious based nations like India, you will see:
Poverty for 90%, poor sewage that causes diseases, no fresh water for crops and animals, women being abused, child labor, no free education, lack of safety, and horrible place to live if one is born poor and not nobel blood. Where drug cartels rule, women are abused and forced into prostitution, or must be one of many wives, or a little girl is given in marriage at 9 years old, no safety, gas lines, food lines, and human living as if they really were maggots in the mud.

If you show me a nation with no Queen from the Royal Line Davjd and this is what you get!
Want more proof that God exist?
Where did the wailing wall come from? King David and Solomon Kings of Israel. So more proof is right in front of you! God's Land! The Holy City!
Now I ask the reader and the voter to decide how did the bible fortell that Israel would get their Nation back and that nation with influnce world events?
Zechariah 12:3

¶ And in that day will I make Ierusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselues with it, shall be cut in pieces; though all the people of the earth bee gathered together against it.
- King James Version (1611) - View 1611 Bible Scan

"It will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples; all who lift it will be severely injured. And all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it.
- New American Standard Version (1995)

And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all the peoples; all that burden themselves with it shall be sore wounded; and all the nations of the earth shall be gathered together against it.
- American Standard Version (1901)

And it will come about in that day that I will make Jerusalem a stone of great weight for all the peoples; all those who take it up will be badly wounded; and all the nations of the earth will come together against it.
- Basic English Bible

And it shall come to pass in that day [that] I will make Jerusalem a burdensome stone unto all peoples: all that burden themselves with it shall certainly be wounded, and all the nations of the earth shall be assembled together against it.

Posted by DebaterforAtheism 2 years ago
DebaterforAtheism
I do not see what you are laughing at. Are you laughing at my compound-complex sentence or are you laughing at the fact that I think I am likely to win?
Posted by popculturepooka 2 years ago
popculturepooka
That's what I was laughing at debater.
Posted by DebaterforAtheism 2 years ago
DebaterforAtheism
Do not quote me out of context. I used a compound-complex sentence when saying "Do not be under the impression that, for this is merely my first debate, I am unlikely to win." If you were to take the middle out: "for this is merely my first debate", my sentence would say this:
"Do not be under the impression that I am unlikely to win."
Posted by popculturepooka 2 years ago
popculturepooka
"I am unlikely to win. I debate professionally every month and have acquired many skills in doing so."

LOL
Posted by Ajab 2 years ago
Ajab
I would accept this, but later. I have too many debates right now. DebaterforAtheism if you plan to do follow up debates then perhaps in July we can try something.
Posted by Mike_10-4 2 years ago
Mike_10-4
I would accept this debate too. My argument to Con would be that the title of the debate is the "stake in the ground." The title is "Theism." Theism exist in all societies, therefore theism is a reality, just like atheism. There is actually no debate here. In other words, this is what is known as a "give-me" for Pro.
Posted by Toviyah 2 years ago
Toviyah
I would accept...
Posted by Mike_10-4 2 years ago
Mike_10-4
It is not clear what your argument is. The title of your debate is "Theism." Theism exist in all societies, therefore theism is a reality. Or is your debate that there is no God?
Posted by WileyC1949 2 years ago
WileyC1949
You are limiting who can accept the debate.... I would be eagerly willing to accept the challenge.