Cooldudebro
sarasmiles

Theistic evolution is a way to explain animals and humans now

Cooldudebro

Cooldudebro

Pro

First round is for acceptance. Good luck!

Theistic evolution is believing evolution is fact but with god.
sarasmiles

Con

Theistic evolution will almost always be backed up with biblical explanations, or any religious explanation for that matter. However, as it shows that humans descend from primates, there is no DNA evidence that concludes this theory, only physical features.
Cooldudebro

Pro

Case 1:

First, I would like to prove how evolution is real. In a shocking discovery, we share 98.6% of our DNA with an ape. (1) if you click into link, you can barely tell the ape and human chromosome apart! Yet, when you compare it to a mouse's chromosomes, you can clearly see the difference. This proves that the ape and humans are greatly related. This proves evolution. Still not satisfied? Well, we should prove evolution using man's best friend. It is proven we share 5% of our genome sequence with dogs and mouse. (2) this again proves evolution. Even dogs and mice have a scientific similarity! I think I have proven evolution true. However, I will now prove it is not possible without the existence of god.

Case 2:

Let's start out with the classic question. Which came first? The chicken or the egg? While regular atheist evolutionist have a lot of trouble answering the question, people who believe in theistic evolution do not. The atheist think life was not created, but knows that you need a male and female sex cell to produce offspring in animals who sexually reproduce. While, people who believe in theistic evolution have not problem answering this. God created the chicken or his ancestor. So they then say that god created the chicken, or god created the ancestor of the chicken, and it evolved into a chicken.

My next case is that everything would have to evolve at the same time for an our Eco-system to be the way it is now. Think of the flower bee relationship. Flowers are less complex than bees, and would take a shorter time to evolve. This would mean that all the self pollinating flowers would die off because the bees did not evolve in time. Atheist also have problems giving a explanation for this. While people who believe in theistic evolution can easily explain it. God created the bees and flowers ancestor, so they were able to survive and evolve.

I think these are sound arguments that proves that theistic evolution is a way to explain animals and humans today. Thank you for reading my argument. I hand the debate over to a highly respected debater DudeStop.

1. http://www.amnh.org...

2. http://news.nationalgeographic.com...
sarasmiles

Con

sarasmiles forfeited this round.
Cooldudebro

Pro

I have convinced her. :) thanks for your time.
sarasmiles

Con

sarasmiles forfeited this round.
sarasmiles

Con

sarasmiles forfeited this round.
sarasmiles

Con

sarasmiles forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by badbob 3 years ago
badbob
CooldudebrosarasmilesTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro is the only one who said anything. He wins.