meowpixel24
Packers49

There Are More Than Two Genders

meowpixel24 has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

meowpixel24

Pro

So, this is my opening argument, huh? Well, the thing is, sex/biology and gender are two different things. Very, very different things. So incredibly different. According to the Webster dictionary, gender is:

The state of being male or female (typically used with reference to social and cultural differences rather than biological ones).

"Biological ones". You see, that line means "sex", or, for the people who don't get what gender is, what parts you have. Gender is not that. Gender is related to "social and cultural differences". This means that there could be infinite genders, all being basically mixes or subtractions of being male or female (for example, being a demigirl means the mix of female and another gender).

By the way, I identify as one of the "base genders", so you cannot bring up the fact that my argument is fueled by emotions instead of facts.
Packers49

Con

Well this is my first debate EVER! I love debating (roasting) with people and discussing important issues with each other.

Definition of Male: Of or denoting the sex that produces small, typically motile gametes, especially spermatozoa, with which a female may be fertilized or inseminated to produce offspring.

Definition of Female: Of or denoting the sex that can bear offspring or produce eggs, distinguished biologically by the production of gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes.

You cant be both, half, or neither genders. You either have a penis or a vagina. There cant be an in between gender, or according to face book 51 genders. This is completely different from what you are attracted to. This whether you have male or female genitalia. A "transgender" is not its own gender because that person/thing still has male or female genitalia.

By the way you saying that you identify as a "base gender" doesn't prove that your argument is a fact.

By the way again, when I click "Check Your Spelling" it says transgender isn't even a word (hint hint).
Posted by pancakesavage7 1 year ago
pancakesavage7
really? this is pointless. there are two genders. boy/girl, male/female.
Posted by CiderH 1 year ago
CiderH
I wonder which side you consider to have reduced the conversation to blather, because so far Pro has given his/her case, albeit not a great one, and Con has made a concise response.

I eagerly await to see how this unfolds
Posted by AlyssaDBryant 1 year ago
AlyssaDBryant
/sigh A complex topic reduced to blather. To discuss this topic, a debater has to start with some understanding of the history of the words "sex" and "gender." Both words have evolved over the last century. Gender used to refer primarily to whether a noun was masculine, feminine, or neuter. The word "sex" has also evolved.
Posted by madness 1 year ago
madness
Trannies are basically people who have a weird cosplay fetish.
Posted by Dirty-Morgs 1 year ago
Dirty-Morgs
Packers49 as already won
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
Yep, another bad debate. Even in his own debate round he gives the definition of gender being either male or female. He disproved his entire point himself.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
Not really a fair debate. Con has literally no way of winning.