LifeMeansGodIsGood
CoolPeppers12

There Is No Sure Hope for Anybody if Jesus Christ Is Not Resurrected and Alive Now.

LifeMeansGodIsGood

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

Con must show how there is sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Sure hope is hope in something that we know is going to happen. Some hope in death to relieve them from the problems of living. This is not sure hope as the person who might hold such hope cannot be sure his problems will end in death......unless he (or she) is sure to be resurrected to eternal life the same as Jesus Christ. Burden of proof is on Con to show how there can be any sure hope in anything or anybody other than the resurrected Jesus Christ.
CoolPeppers12

Con

First, I'm Catholic and I believe in God and Jesus. I have accepted him into my life.

Everybody in the whole world doesn't have to believe in God and Jesus. Okay? It's called Freedom of Religion. Listed under the UN.

If one doesn't accept Jesus, doesn't mean he has no hope! Gosh! Be more tolerant of different beliefs!
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

this debate is not about freedom of religion, it's about "sure" hope. Yes, many people have hope but it is hope in things that will end or cannot be guranteed. Please explain the hope you assert that people have so i can show that it is not sure hope.
I did not say people have no hope. I said there is no sure hope for anybody if Jesus Christ is not resurrected. What do you hope in? Do you hope that the good things you do will impress God so He won't have you cast into the fire of hell? Remember, the one thing you cannot use as your example of hope for this debate is the resurrection of Jesus Christ. The burden of proof here is on you to show sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
CoolPeppers12

Con

Okay. Jesus was resurrected so therefore, there is hope in all humanity.

And yes, Jesus was resurrected.

That is all I can say....
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

So I guess you are forfeiting the debate since you are not attempting to show how there is sure hope for anybody if Jesus Christ was not resurrected. I'll put a question for you in the comments which is not part of the debate.....which you seem to be forfeiting by agreeing with me.
CoolPeppers12

Con

I have not forfieted! Why say that??

I must not really understand what you are trying to say then.

Ohhhh....I was suppose to be CON not PRO. Oh okay. Well, I do agree with you but not that there is no hope if he wasn't resurrected. But if he wasn't that would mean we wouldn't go to heaven because there wouldn't be one? Right?

And I say your comment. I find it a bit bigoted. "Are Roman Catholics Christians"? OF COURSE THEY ARE!! I am Catholic!

I will accepted that debate if you make one of it.

What makes you think they aren't??
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Jesus claimed to be equal with God and He claimed there is no other way to God but through Him. The teachings of the buffoons you say Jesus copied from were teachings of buffoonery. You let anti-christ sin lovers fool you. God rules through Jesus Christ who was handed all authority to judge in person after He took man's place in death. You will bow to Him as your Creator/Saviour/King or you will appear before Him as your judge, hauled up out of hell, and then cast away at His order into the Lake of Fire, rejeced by Him as you rejected what He did to save you from the fire. It's not too late for you to repent and believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and be saved. Confusious found his place in the fire of hell for portraying himself as a teacher of divinity, the same as the other buffoons you say Jesus copied from. Why go along wtith them? Is the pleasures of your sin worth the fire of hell whch you say there is no proof of and therefore will not be proven to you untill you find yourself in it with no way out? You are running out of time. You are making a losing bet. You need to stop it.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
ask Him to save you
LifeMeansGodIsGood
you studied the beliefs of fools and you bought their beliefs. God hates your sin but He loves you. The pleasures of sin end suddenly in the fire of hell. It's not worth it. Beleive on the Lord Jesus
Christ and as him to save you.
Don't be a proud brave fool. Your time is running out.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
I studied the Bible, but I also studied the History Of Religion.
Where I learned that Jesus copied the sayings from Buddha and Confucius.
Evidently Jesus learned these from Some of the many Buddhist and Confucian monks who passed through Judea.
Those teachings of Jesus had been around for 300 to 400 years already, before Jesus used them.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
It's not that I don't want Evidence, it is simply that No Evidence Exists.
Renowned Biblical Scholars say the same thing, that no evidence exists for the Resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Historians also agree with me.
So it has nothing to do with my beliefs and biases.
It's an Absolute Fact that no evidence exists for any of the Miracles of Jesus, Nor His Resurrection.
Not even a thank you note from a single one of the 5000 witnesses that he fed with bread and fish exists.

Jesus was just a Jewish Rabbi who taught Confucius's Golden Rule.
Not one of the Teachings of Jesus was his own, they were all borrowed from people who lived before him.
He had nothing new to offer, except to his followers who had never heard of Buddha nor Confucius, so they wrongly thought Jesus was great.
Had they been wiser, they would have dumped Jesus and followed somebody who didn't copy others.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 3 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Sagey, your own death is proof that your sin has separated you from God. If you won't admit this, you won't be saved from the fire of hell. You are believing that you are safe in death and you have no reason to believe this other than your own self-deceiving pride. There is only one way for God to save you, and that is only by receiving His pardon based on the fact that he took your death on the cross (it was a cross.....the stick in the Bible sometimes was symbolic of the cross, and the cross was common for execution in Rome......Crucified means fixed to a cross, not fixed to a stick.

You don't want evidence that Jesus is risen from the dead because yoiu don't want to admit your pride is evil.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Though Jesus may not have been crucified on a cross. The literal translation for what he carried in the Gospels was a stick. Some believe he may have been tied to a stick and not a cross.
If that was the case, most likely he was stoned to death.

Also, there is no evidence for the resurrection that can verify it happened.
So for all we know, Christians may be simply worshiping a long dead Jewish Rabbi that taught Buddhist teachings.
There is no evidence for your beliefs.
I need at least some evidence to believe in anything.
Without evidence, there is no reason to believe.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
you won't be able to blame anybody else bot yourself for rejecting God's offer of pardon based on the fact that He paid for your sins with His own blood. Keep on rejecing God's call for you to be saved, and you will be rejected by God and you will be judged by Jesus Christ who's blood you are trampling thinking the Creator has no right to punish you after He Himself took your punishment so you could be pardoned. You are rejecting Him, and there is nobody to blame but yourself Mr Sagely. He has every right to dispose of you in fire of hell. You have no right to go unpunihed by Him. How do people become so void of any sense of righteous judgement? We all deserve to die and burn in hell, we all can be saved from it. I know I am saved by God's own blood which paid for my sins, I know I have part in His resurrection as He took my death and gave me eternal life. I know His Holy Spirit is in me, Jesus Christ in me, the hope of glory. There is no hope apart from Jesus Christ. Why do people want to be so hard headed?
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
Fishing for Souls, I know a good fishing hole where you are bound to catch a lot of old shoes and boots.
Err Soles!
:-D~

Actually, Christians fishing for souls is why Atheists exist.
Once the fishing (Proselytizing) stops, atheists disappear from the public view.
It has happened here already.
No Christians proselytize here and there are no public atheists either.
Christians fishing produces Atheists.

That's the facts!
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Ha ha ha, thanks Sagey, you pleasantly surprise me twice now. I do think I won this debate since Con started out as Con and then agreed with me. When the opponent plainly admits agreement after entering the contest claiming to disagree, I think he lost. But that's ok. I got a lot of laughs out of it, and I'm not here to win debate points, i'm fishing for souls trying to show how God can and will save them if they believe and trust Him. You can call it trolling if you like. I know people mean that in a derogatory way when they say I am trolling, but that's ok. If they find the bait interesting, maybe the light of the gospel will shine through to them and they will be saved and I will get my reward in heaven for the time I invested in fishing.
Vote Placed by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCoolPeppers12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: This was a non-debate and should have no winners because it is Pro vs Pro.
Vote Placed by aburk903 3 years ago
aburk903
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCoolPeppers12Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Perhaps Con should be more cautious in accepting future debates. Regardless of personal belief, however, a topic can always be debated. Neither side truly provided ground-breaking material, but at least Pro submitted something beyond "Be tolerant, gosh".