LifeMeansGodIsGood
CarterWale

There Is No Sure Hope if Jesus Christ is Not Risen From the Dead

LifeMeansGodIsGood

LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

My opponent must show sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Sure hope is gauranteed. For this debate, I do not need to prove Jesus Chrst rose from the grave bodily, though I assert that He did. This debate is a challenge for anybody to show a hope that can be gauranteed other than the hope of eternal life that God promises in the resurrected Saviour who is the Creator who died to pay for our sins to buy us back from the fire of Hell.

If Jesus Chrsit is not risen from the dead, there is still no sure hope, so if He is not risen from the dead in only bolsters my assertion that there is no sure hope. The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the only thing my opponent cannot use to show sure hope........or my opponent is agreeing with me and there is no debate.

Try to prove me wrong, tell me what hope you can be sure of without Jesus Christ.
CarterWale

Con

I accept. And though I am a Christian, I first want you to prove to me that Christianity real, and once you prove that we can move onto the main topic.
I cant start my argument without you proving " There Is No Hope If Jesus Christ Is Not Risen From The Dead"
So I will give you a head start to arguing then I will counter-argue.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

For this debate which in the first round you have declined to argue, it does not matter if Jesus Christ is risen from the dead or not, it does not matter if the Bible is true or not. If Jesus is not risen from the dead, there is no sure hope. If He is risen from the dead, then He is the sure hope. Proving Christianity or disproving Christianity is not the issue. The issue is that you......YOU.........have no sure hope if Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead. The only sure hope you cannot argue in favor of in this debate would be the sure hope there is if Jesus Christ is risen from the dead.

Do you have sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ, if He is risen or not? What is your sure hope? Do you have any sure hope? Tell me what your sure hope is. I say you have none. Do you have any sure hope? If you can't explain how you have sure hope, I will have to assume you have no sure hope and I was right in my opening argument.
CarterWale

Con

To answer your question, I have sure hope, but not from the hope that Jesus is risen from the dead. My sure hope is growing up, getting an education, raising a family, and not basing my life on a few thousand year old book.
I want to know why you think you have no sure hope if Christ is not risen from the dead? Proving Christianity is the issue because how am i supposed to have sure hope in Jesus Christ rising if im not sure he is a(the) Savior?
So yes I have sure hope, but not in Jesus Christ rising from the dead.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

The things you are calling "sure hope" are nothing but wishes and dreams that you hope will come true but could easily be denied from you by circumstances. You can't be sure your dreams and wishes for your life in the world will come to pass. You can work to try to make things happen, but you can't be sure they will happen. You have no sure hope apart from the resurrection of Jesus Christ. For this debate, we can assume Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead. If He is not risen from the dead, you have no sure hope. In assuming Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead, we do not need to argue whether the Bible and Christianity is true, for this debate it can be assumed to be false, and there is no sure hope.

You have not shown any sure hope.......you have shown sincere desire to see your wants, wishes, and dreams cone true and you do have hope they will come true so you can work toward making them reality, but your hope cannot be guaranteed. Those same hopes have been dashed in multitudes of people through war, sudden death, or trauma.
Sure hope is guaranteed and cannot be withheld, denied, or revoked by any circumstances or any person or any thing.

I really do hope your dreams of growing up, getting an education and raising a family come true and I wish I could guarantee it all for you, but I am not God and I cannot tell you that you can have sure hope in these things. Keep on hoping, but brace yourself for the possibility that your hopes may be dashed.

A side note here that is really not part of the debate: how can you claim to be a Christian and say "I have sure hope, but not in Jesus Christ rising from the dead." Hope in the resurrection of Jesus Christ is the basis of Christianity.
How can you claim to be a Christian and say "My sure hope is............. not basing my life on a few thousand year old book." This book you are belittling is the Bible, The Book, The basis of Christianity. What do you think makes you a Christian?
CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

I hope my opponent is still with us, though I'm not sure he is still with us. My hope will be disappointed and is now unsure of my opponents continuation in this debate.
CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
LifeMeansGodIsGood

Pro

CarterWale

Con

CarterWale forfeited this round.
Posted by LifeMeansGodIsGood 2 years ago
LifeMeansGodIsGood
Hi, my name is Life Means God is Good, My shadow, Sagey, follows me everywhere I go......I think he loves me because he gets a lot of attention by following me though he generally votes agaisnt me because he hates the idea that God loves him. I could never be a shadow to Sagey because the Light of the World, Jesus, shines on me and Sagey is in the dark about the fact that God loves him. Sagey thinks God does not love him, so he follows me around trying to show me that he is unlovable. I know God loves Sagey no matter how much Sagey hates God and hates me for saying God loves him.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
My name is Life Means God is Good. I want you to meet my shadow, Sagey. He follows me around like a little puppy who depends on me for him to be there. He needs a lot of attention. He is a good puppy and an annoying harassing shadow, always clinging to me hoping too much light does not make him vanish and too much darkness won't surround him and make him unnoticeble.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
To Be The Messiah, Jesus had to be a direct descendant to King David, through the father.
Jesus was not a direct descendant of King David, thus he was not the Messiah.
Performing miracles that are unverified as happening at all, does not make him a Messiah.
As the Torah warns that false prophets may also perform miracles.
So according to Judaic tradition, Jesus was never a Messiah, so Christianity is a False religion following a False Prophet.
Though the video with the Jewish Rabbi gives more reasons why Jesus was not the Messiah.

This I knew many years ago and is partly why I stopped believing in Christianity.
Even my reading of the Old Testament told me that Jesus was not the true Messiah.
I didn't have to read the Torah to know this.

As the Rabbi stated, Jews do not accept Messiah's through their Miracles, which includes reported Resurrections.
Even if Jesus was confirmed as Resurrected, it still would not make him the Messiah.
The video will tell you a lot more.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
Jesus was never the Jewish Messiah!
Thus he was never Divine!
Here is the reason why!!!!
LifeMeansGodIsGood
That's right, Sagey......if Jesus Christ is not risen from the dead, there is no sure hope for you or for me.

But you are wrong, Confusious was a fraud, Jesus is God and He is risen from the dead. Watch my upcoming debate on this topic....i'm waiting for a reference book to arrive in the mail.

The evidence for the resurrection of Jesus Christ is so overwhelming that in any court it would have to be accepted as proof beyond reasonable doubt.

You can deny it all you want, it won't do you any good.
Posted by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
If the Debate Title is correct, then nobody has ever had sure hope, ever and thus nobody knows what 'sure hope' would be like, as Jesus never did rise from the dead.
Most likely scenario is that the body of Jesus is in a mass grave alongside those others that were executed with him.
Nobody knows which body belongs to Jesus, unless they can trace Jesus's DNA, which maybe someday will happen from descendants of his clan and maybe they will eventually find the body of Jesus.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
It's hard for people to admit when they have no sure hope.
LifeMeansGodIsGood
I guess Psychology is God to an atheist.......it would probably work for a Confusionado as well
LifeMeansGodIsGood
quit crying please, it tempts me to mock your crybaby spitefullness
LifeMeansGodIsGood
wahhhh waaahhhhh boo hoo boo hooo
Vote Placed by Sagey 2 years ago
Sagey
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCarterWaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Argument wise there was little difference. Pro scores the better conduct point due to Con's Forfeit.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
LifeMeansGodIsGoodCarterWaleTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture