Emperor_Edward
fred70

There Should be no Gun Control Reform Laws

Emperor_Edward

Emperor_Edward

Pro

The U.S government is taking gun control reform too seriously and the best idea is to stop gun control laws. I would like to thank my opponent, whomever it is for his argument and his time. Now I shall begin my argument:
1) Contrary to popular belief, the places with more gun control reform actually have more deaths per year than places where there are less gun control reform such as London. Why? That is because in those countries with more gun control reform, the criminals know that the citizens do not have weapons on them, making thm an easier target for burglary usually using knives. However, when criminals are in an area with less gun control reform- and lets say they own a gun too- they know the risks of breaking into a house where the owner owns a liscensed firearm and they will not risk being injured or killed.
2) The Second Amendment is one of America's oldest laws and it states that: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
3) Though some people say that it is the government's right to protect the people, it is also the citizen's right to overthrow he government when they find i not fit to lead. How can civilians fight off a trained military? With firearms.
4)Though some say less gun control reform makes for more terrorists attacks, that is also false due to the thorough background checks. The background checks involve seeing if a person has been to countries of dispute for suspiciously prolonged periods of time and whether or not if that person is mentally ill or if they have a criminal record.
fred70

Con

As a disciple of Guru Gonads (prosperous bliss be upon him) I must reject anything that threatens to limit access to weapons.
My teacher (pbbuh) has taught me the meaning of the entire 17 volume Harmonious Numinous. The inward\outward oddities of humanity must not be restrained, Volume 9:1993.
We, who seek to be illuminated by the face of the Glorious Enigma, depend upon humanity's access to weapons to spread Dakma. The weapons must be capable of firing projectiles at a high rate if speed, Volume 17:598. Guns are the best tool for this task.
We the disciples of Gonads are peaceful, but we need the rest of you to kill each other with projectiles.
I look forward to debating you.
Ghalsha marthalb, marthalb Kalahari yeplan dabooboo!
Emperor_Edward

Pro

Amituofo. I see that you are a man of religion as well. But unfortunately, we live in a world of reality, and in this world of reality we must understand that we cannot allow religion to impact our ideas. I will only say two thing that Buddhists and Taoists like me believe:
1) It is a person's natural and unalienable right of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness and when a person comes to take that away with an illegal firearm, you can either try to quell that person's mind using soothing words and get killed by a terrorist, or threaten him with a licensed firearm and you can get a win-win in which you preserve your life and his, or you end the life of a person who has been corrupted and a person who has taken the life of many others. Only Buddha or another god could have saved him.
2) Guns are tools, like knives, hammers and axes. The people who use them are the ones who truly are the threats to society.
Amituofo. I thank you for your time, and may the debate begin. I wish you good luck. Amituofo.
fred70

Con

It seems we both agree that guns should be allowed. I inadvertently picked the wrong side of this debate. I lose.
Emperor_Edward

Pro

HAHAHHAHA. Are you new to this?
fred70

Con

I am fantastically awesome in my own mind.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
Emperor_Edwardfred70Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Concession.