JustAnotherGuy
legodude123

There are a lot of problems with Pokemon.

JustAnotherGuy
Started: 1/2/2014 Category: Games

JustAnotherGuy

Con

Unfortunately, my opponent got trolled in the last debate he had, so I will challenge him to a fair debate.

Rules:
Round 1: My opponent will give the problems with Pokemon.
After that we will see what happens.

No trolling, hateful comments, or anything like that.

May the best arguments win!
legodude123

Pro

Lets see what I got over here.
Well we all know Pok"mon is long loved by many people but it has many problems so many problems!! Pok"mon is not the best and it has problems. Like he said no hateful comments I do not want Pok"mon fan boys who argue with me constantly just over a cartoon. The only people arguing right now is me and Justanotherguy . And yes it goes to the people in the comments who want to argue with me over a cartoon.
1. Confusing part about it is that there are to many Pok"mon I have got told there were from a range of 649-721 Pok"mon. I am sorry but I cant catch them all and it gets confusing of which Pok"mon you have. They have to lower it because its a waste of poke balls how the heck will you get 1000 of those to catch them all.
2. Ash is part of the reason because he is the one who placed it in the downfall
+ He doesn't focus more on the Pok"mon he has basically he just likes to change up Pok"mon and he needs to focus more on how to evolve them and how to make him stronger to fulfill his dream to become the best Pok"mon trainer but instead he just switches from different Pok"mon each season working with new people. Why do you think he mainly loses and makes the stupidest moves because he doesn't keep his Pok"mon. Its like he's abandoning them for no reason.
+He's played role of immatureness and is a character who doesn't focus on respect. What I mean is that he is mainly most hated good guy because he has been argued with and yelled at by his comrades. What kind of person is this? A person I want to grow up to and get yelled at by my teammates.
+He's basically the worst character in the show. I don't understand how someone can just go up and pick a grass vs. fire like are you kidding me and he has laid other moves but I don't remember some.

3. The game got to change
If they want more people to play it why doesn't it have a better plot what the heck does a gym battle have to do with finding a legendary Pok"mon like OMG. The legendary Pok"mon's are not a work of art and the only way to catch them is with 6 poke balls or one great ball. If they are legendary let them be legendary not easily beaten and yes they could have you seen the sacred sword thingy could be killed easily so there not legends
4. Pok"mon has serious problems and I think they must fix it

http://carm.org...
http://themushroomkingdom.net...
JustAnotherGuy

Con

I would like like to thank my opponent for accepting this debate.
The words in bold are my opponent's statements.

As to my rebuttals:
1.) there are to many Pokemon
Yeah, this one is a common gripe for pokemon gamers anyway.

2.) Ash is part of the reason because he is the one who placed it in the downfall.
I am going to guess that this means that Ash is one of the reasons why Pokemon has been getting worse and worse. The only impact that the anime has had on the games is Pokemon Yellow, and this was a pretty good game. As to Ash not focusing on the Pokemon. Ash doesn't like to change up his pokemon for no reason, he doesn't want to have too many Pokemon because he wants every one of his Pokemon to be treated with kindness and only wants what is good for them, if he tried to capture a whole bunch of Pokemon, then taking care of them and having them being happy would be a very hard task. He does not abandon them, he leaves them with Professor Oak, because he wants the best for them and to no let them fall into neglect. He is trying to become the very best (like no one ever was). He also doesn't want to force his Pokemon to evolve when they don't want to. He has given Pikachu the option to evolve twice (in EP014 and DP074). There are theories that explain why Ash never ages in the games, I suggest the Endless Happiness theory.
+ He's played role of immatureness and is a character who doesn't focus on respect.
Does he have bouts of immaturity? Of course he does, he is only ten years old. He has a lot of respect, especially for his Pokemon. Every time he captures a Pokemon he asks it if it wants to travel with him. That is a lot of respect if you ask me. As to his partners, he is insanely sad whenever one leaves him. Of course they bicker a lot, all partners do. It's just a matter of getting accustomed to being with eachother.
+ He's basically the worst character in the show.
I believe that I have already stated that he puts his Pokemon above all else. He also is up for using different tactics than type advantage alone. In the battle with Lt. Surge he used speed to his advantage to beat the more powerful Raichu. He also has saved the world many times, which personally I think is a good trait to have.

3.) The game got to change
"what the heck does a gym battle have to do with finding a legendary Pok"mon like OMG." Gym battles actually have a lot to do with getting to the legendary Pokemon. In Red and Blue, you have to become champion in order to face the legendary Pokemon Mewtwo. You have to beat all the gyms in Gold and Silver in order to catch Ho-Ho/Lugia (depending on which game you have), and it is the same process in the other games as well. There are also different plots in each Pokemon game, like your rivals and antagonists are different in each game.
+ "the only way to catch them is with 6 poke balls or one great ball"
This is also not false. There is a reason that they give you a Master Ball in each game, and you can also lower the Pokémon's health in each game. After you do this you can catch it with a Ultra or Dusk ball.
+ "yes they could have you seen the sacred sword thingy could be killed easily so there not legends"
...What?

4.) Pok"mon has serious problems and I think they must fix it
This isn't really a problem with Pokemon, as it is more an opinion of yours.

In conclusion, Pokemon has some problems, but is it a lot? No.
As for your sources, one is a forum post and one is a Christian organization's website that is saying that the card game is teaching kids occultist and evolutionary principles. That is also not true. The evolution in the games in completely different than Darwinian evolution.

http://pokemon.wikia.com...'s_Pikachu
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...
My experience playing the games.
My experience watching the anime.
legodude123

Pro

Your pretty good but pokemon is gotten to be the 3rd worst anime I have ever watched it just comes to me I use to like it but then later on it becomes just down falling
He is the worst character in the show I've seen his battles just look at the battles he played in but the question is why does he just keep the Pok"mon he use to have??? that's my question. Why put them in professor oak and leave em for care????? Yeah it cant be answered and you all know it.
Stupid things ash does to make Pok"mon go down
- Mainly when he battles he mainly puts weakness vs. no weakness meaning this shows that he just places a Pok"mon that has a weakness of the monster he battles. I know in some cases his Pok"mon got switched by the opponent but here this is what he does
-grass vs. fire
electrical vs. rock????? water is more effective
http://atthebuzzershow.com...
Like come on for real and is Pok"mon refuse to fight and insist on training them.
The question people have nowadays is why did Misty left it was very sad to viewers.
The sacred sword thingy was the one in that's blue and is part of the sword guardians I think one is grass one is rock then one is steel.
I might lose this but that's all for this round that your skills are too good
JustAnotherGuy

Con

I would like to thank you for being very humble and respectful! Your debate skills are also quite admirable!

As for your arguments:
Why doesn't he just keep the Pokemon he used to have?
If Ash kept all of his Pokemon with him, then he would have 43 Pokemon, which would mean some would go in the box. Instead of leaving them in the box to be ignored, Ash would rather leave them in somebody's hands who he trusts. As the man who he trusts most, Professor Oak is left in charge of the Pokemon that Ash feels that he can not take care of.
Sources: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net...

He mainly puts weakness vs. no weakness.
Once again, he wants to find creative ways to win, and not just by type advantage.

The question people have nowadays is why did Misty leave? It was very sad to viewers.
Misty left because she had to go back to her job as a gym leader in her sisters' absence.

Thank you for this wonderful debate!
legodude123

Pro

Results finalized
JustAnotherGuy

Con

Alllllrighty then.
Posted by legodude123 3 years ago
legodude123
How to get a debate on the cover page
Posted by JustAnotherGuy 3 years ago
JustAnotherGuy
The original debate can be found here: http://www.debate.org...
Vote Placed by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
JustAnotherGuylegodude123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: .
Vote Placed by MassiveDump 3 years ago
MassiveDump
JustAnotherGuylegodude123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I'd write a super-specific RFD for why Con wins this debate, but I don't think it's worth the effort to type it all. The only thing that really held Con down from an obvious victory is that he may not have wanted to drop contention 1. Other than that, total forfeit. Never do that. It bugs me.