greatkitteh
Cozzie767

There are good things to North Korea

greatkitteh

greatkitteh

Pro

First of all, If you are some elo 9000 leaderboard guy, Don`t accept this. Go find someone your own talent.

Format:

round 1: acceptance.

round 2: whatever

round 3:whatever

round 4:No new arguments, but you can summarize

Also, I`m not a true Korean in disguise, Or support true korea bombing south korea, or whatever, But I`m arguing there is some good in North korea.

Cozzie767

Con

North Korea.
Communism, Armed for nuclear warfare, poverty struck and worst of all there's Kim Jong-un running the show. What possibly could be good about the crumbling society that North Korea is?

Good Luck to the Pro
greatkitteh

Pro

True Korea, believe it or not, has some pros

Literacy rate

North Korea is believed to have a 99%-100% literacy rate, Despite famines. In fact, Communism in general has good literacy rates, Cuba and Vietnam also have high literacy rates. Currently, North Korea Ties with Canada for literacy rates. (1)

Fresh Fruit

Although north Korea isn`t known for feeding it`s people, That doesn`t prevent them From great fruit. (still 1) . North Korea is the 10th largest producer of fruit and the 12th largest producer of vegetables, Although that is apparently only for export.

Forging US dollars

One of the poorest countries in the world is good at printing money. (2) In fact, So good that the USA considered halting production of the U.S dollar. North Koreans are better dollar printers than the USA itself at times, remarks the time magazine

Seafood

Fun fact: North Korea has better seafood than the UK, America, and Russia. Although the sale of north Korean food is banned in south Korea(still 2), Vendors break the laws to get north Korean seafood. In South Korea, North Korean seafood is labeled.

Marijuana Legalization

In North Korea, Marijuana is legal (3). This makes them ahead of the USA, UK , Russia, Switzerland, Poland, Germany, And Australia.

The dmz`s wildlife??

The dmz is home to many anim(4) als like the Korean tiger and bear. (4) Also, the red crowned cranes live in the DMZ.

1. http://www.askmen.com...

2. http://foreignpolicy.com...

3. http://thoughtcatalog.com...

4. http://news.nationalgeographic.com...

Cozzie767

Con

Pro states that Communism in North Korea supports "literacy rates", yet the amount of down sides to communism would trump that positive into the ground.

He also states that North Korea produces "great fruit". What separates great fruit from normal fruit? Furthermore he says that the fruit and vegetables are fresh yet are exported overseas and not even fed to their own people. What good does this give to north Korea?

The next argument states that that North Korea is great in the forging of the Us Dollar. It seems to me that this is not beneficial to them in any way because the can't even forge enough of their own currency.

Pro states that north Korea has "better" seafood than competing countries. Once again it is impossible to state whether who's seafood is better.

Last time I checked using drugs was not in any way in the slightest bit good. How is legalising a drug good in any way?

Many countries have their own native wildlife. I don't see what is so special about having native animals situated in their country.
greatkitteh

Pro

"Pro states that Communism in North Korea supports "literacy rates", yet the amount of down sides to communism would trump that positive into the ground"
I said communist countries in general have good literacy rates, and even if cmomunism is bad, That doesn`t change that North Koreans are good readers.
"
The next argument states that that North Korea is great in the forging of the Us Dollar. It seems to me that this is not beneficial to them in any way because the can't even forge enough of their own currency"
This not only damages the enemy they have, but allows them to boast over south korea. Also, North Korea should not forge currency, That on the other hand, Damages them.
"He also states that North Korea produces "great fruit". What separates great fruit from normal fruit? Furthermore he says that the fruit and vegetables are fresh yet are exported overseas and not even fed to their own people. What good does this give to north Korea?"
Generally, the people enjoy it, It has positive ratings, and is the best of normal fruit. You don`t think Canada produces great mangos right?? But China and Japan produce mangos? It works like that. Also, Exports keep them look presentable And give them money.
"Pro states that north Korea has "better" seafood than competing countries. Once again it is impossible to state whether who's seafood is better."
Considering that People would work against the law to get seafood, It`s probably better then Zimbawe`s seafood.
"
Last time I checked using drugs was not in any way in the slightest bit good. How is legalising a drug good in any way?"
Weed provides the following ben(5)ifits.
  • Medical use
  • good for nature
  • Projected to give economic growth, Something North Korea really needs
  • In mexico alone, Making weed illegal killed 24,000 people.

" Many countries have their own native wildlife. I don't see what is so special about having native animals situated in their country."

These are more rare then you might think. You heard of the classics, The tiger, the bear, etc. etc.

credits: http://www.truth-out.org...

Cozzie767

Con

Pro's rebut tries to explain that North Koreans are good readers mainly because they are a communist country. I highly doubt that dictators would go with supporting communism because it offers better literacy rates.

In the next argument Pro seems to have a few mixed messages. Pro states that forging money is good for the peoples of North Korea because it will "damage" their enemy while stating that simply because north Korea can forge money it gives them bragging rights over South Korea. Also in he's last argument he has said forging notes is a good thing for north Korea, only to say that they shouldn't forge money. Furthermore while previously saying that forging notes damages their enemy, it somehow damages them as well.

Of course the people of North Korea enjoy eating fruit, on the unlikely chance they will receive any anyway.
No where does it say north Korea produces mangoes to a high proficiency. If Canada wanted to buy mangoes they wouldn't even think about buying them off North Koreas shores, instead other countries like China and Japan continue to pummel the exports of North Korean fruit.

I agree on Pros statement mainly because Zimbabwe is landlocked in the south of Africa. There wouldn't be too many prime fishing spots around for the fellow Zimbabweans to fish. Also a third world country such as Zimbabwe wouldn't be in a position to carry out with many large exports of fish because there is no where to fish in there country except for half a lake.

How many of those people of the hundreds of thousands of users would need marijuana for medical needs? I don't see how Smoking is good for nature at all... so please explain. Pro says making weed illegal killed 24,000 people. How many people would die from making it legal. Smoking in itself kills millions of people worldwide, the comparison from 24000 to the smoking related death statistics is minuscule.
greatkitteh

Pro

My opponent says that North Korea is bad because it`s communist. However, This still does not refute how North Korea has a good literacy rate. This argument Penetrates any Attempted rebuttal, Unless my Opponent uses a direct, solid argument. My Opponent chooses to not, And because My opponent is not allowed to bring up new arguments the same way I can only rebut, This point is extended

Again, My opponent doesn`t rebut this, He goes off track With something about mango's. This does not make sense, and doesn`t refute North Korea`s impressive Fruit exportation or how it can grow fruit.

My opponent does the same thing with my fish argument, And does not get my point. Saying that North Korea has better seafood than Zimbabwe is merely a comparison, Meaning North Korea does produce fish. To continue, My opponent never actually refutes on North Korea`s fish products.

See, I cannot add new arguments, But Legalizing Weed is usually considered progressive, Something needed in North Korea

All of my points are dropped. I encourage the voter, to vote pro. Thank you, voter.

Cozzie767

Con

In Pro's previous arguments he has stated communist countries in general have high literacy rates only to now change his argument to say North Korea in separate has high literacy rates. Pro seems to get confused quite a lot through his previous rebuttals.

As a consequence of having nothing to rebut or the lack of concentration pro doesn't even put up a rebuttal against the argument of the money forgery in North Korea.

In Pro's next rebuttal I was simply rebutting his example of how the exports of North Koreas mangoes are better than of competing nations. Pro seems to drop his argument's example altogether, stating i had "gone off track" and that it did not make sense. Also he states that North Koreans are impressive in growing fruit how it can grow fruit when again this is clearly falsified when a 0.24 to 3.5 million of their population has died of stavation.

Again i was rebutting his poor example of a country that doesn't have a sea to fish (sea food) to a country situated next to a sea. It does not need a debate to figure that out.
Next, pro seems to not know the definition of refute. When defining the word refute, "it is to prove a statement or theory to be wrong or false". In this case Pro never actually gave any statement about North Korean seafood products, only to state that "It's probably better than Zimbabwe's seafood".

Pro seems he cannot make add new arguments but for some reason can not rebut my previous arguments as well. Instead he gives an opinion of his somewhat, delirious arguments saying that smoking weed needed in Korea apparently because it is "usually" progressive.

It is clear North Korea is nothing but a failure and i hope to have persuaded you (the voters) into believing this fact is true.

Thank you, vote Con
Posted by greatkitteh 2 years ago
greatkitteh
Still easier than Zimbawe or something, Im not a fan of North Korea, And think supreme leader Kim Jong Un is a ldiot, But North Korea is not that bad.
Posted by XVIII18 2 years ago
XVIII18
I think Pro essentially needs to find at least one positive of the nation existing
Vote Placed by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
greatkittehCozzie767Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro and Con are trying to have different debates. Pro is trying to show that North Korea isn't all bad. Con is trying to show that North Korea is net harmful, and that the benefits Pro espouses aren't that great. I can accept every single one of Con's points and still vote Pro, because Con's debate of choice doesn't match the resolution. I'm not particularly thrilled with Pro's choice of sources (seriously, askmen.com?), but Con never challenges them, nor does he challenge the basic arguments they're supporting, even if he's proving to some degree that these benefits aren't so great. In any case, Pro has shown there to be some good things in North Korea, even if they aren't that great and don't make the country great. Ergo, I vote for Pro. Sources to Pro for having them (at least the decent ones), and S&G to Con because Pro's posts were often difficult to read.