ChristTheRedeemer
pittythefool

There are no contradictions in the BIble

ChristTheRedeemer

Pro

The actual debating will start on Round 2. For the first round, we will take the time to introduce ourselves (I will get to that in a sec).

I do want to state that I am on the defensive side for this debate, so the burden of proof is on you.

here is the order of the debate ahead:
R2: opening statements
R3: my rebuttal to your argument
R4: your rebuttal to my argument
R5: closing statements

*I will note that I may become inactive. if so, I apologize in advance.*

Hi, my name is Anthony. I am a devoted man of God, and love to defend His name. I will not reveal my age (but it is on my profile). I hope we can have a civil debate, and I hope we can both walk away satisfied with the work we have produced.
pittythefool

Con

My name is Dan I'm 35 from London. I believe in one god but fail to see how any book does not have any contradictions. Im sure this debate can be civil and completely satisfying.
ChristTheRedeemer

Pro

Hi Dan, I am glad to see that you accepted this.

Now, let me ask you this- are you Christian? If so, then you should know that God does not make mistakes. That's the first and foremost statement. The entire Bible isn't just some collection of works from a bunch of crazy, insane people out in the desert compiled into one book. The Bible is an amazing collection of writings and guides and historical events and prophecies. On top of that, these people that wrote these books weren't just at random, but specific people that God inspired to write what He said to them. The authors were pretty much a vessel through which He was speaking to us.

If you look into the Bible, you will see no contradictions IF you read it in the context, and not "cherry pick" as I like to call it.
People have tried it before, but have failed to completely see any contradiction throughout the entire harmonious masterpiece that is the Holy Bible.
pittythefool

Con

Hi Anthony im glad you are a believer and to answer your question? no I am not a Christian. Is there any chance you can show me where in the bible god uses vessels to actually write the bible... No offence but I kind of missed that part.

Look i'm not criticising the bible for what it could be. Though I must point out there has been just a few additions, subtractions and political falsifications along the way (first council of nicea) to name one...I could go on, to mention the dead sea scrolls and many of the non mentioned gospils and books of the bible..Enoch being one of my favourites. My friend to say that the bible in one of its most popular formats I.e king James has no contradictions...really?
ChristTheRedeemer

Pro

One example of God using us humans as vessels for His work? Moses, Noah, Jonah, and many more. You see, Dan, that there are so many people in the Bible that God used, spoke to, influenced, showed signs to, etc. Not to mention that just about every author of the Bible are people that are influenced by God (especially in the New Testament). You said there were added falsifications? Where? Most of the books of the Bible are personal accounts written by people, not documents or anything.

But anyway, let's get back onto the contradictions. I know of many false contradictions that have been cleared up and been taken back into reality (some 430 or so), but do you have any? if not, then you really have no proof of a contradiction(s) in the Bible.

*maybe we can have another debate on your claims of the Bible having "just a few additions, subtractions, and political falsifications along the way".
pittythefool

Con

Unfortunately Anthony I not only feel that the bible has contradictions but I also believe the church has proven to be not only contradictory but In many respects not only unholy but inhumane also.

Now starting with the bible and its many vessels I have very limited primary evidence to suggest the accounts were first hand and more importantly what most are reading today is a many times translated, account of an account of an account. I fail how you could argue your point knowing this information. Further you are arguing a very one dimensional point if your not specifying what bible/s you are refering to, as I hope you recognise there are just a few.

For my most important and which I hope seems relevant. The church and the pope endorsed slavery with use of the bible and the whip. Just a small contradiction I suppose!
ChristTheRedeemer

Pro

Oh, I apologize, and should have mentioned it before- I am using the King James Version. The other versions aren't as reliable.

If you are referring to that time people not writing it down for many generations, then youre right. theyre often perceived as legends. However, the Bible is quite different. The Bible is first hand- accounts. If you read it, you'd know. Unless you're talking about parables or example stories. Those are quite obviously made up. So... your claim is false.

As your claims to slavery, may I add that there are verses that show and say to have kindness toward the slaves at that time such as... Exodus 21:16, Colossians 4:1, Exodus 21:26-27, Proverbs 22:16, and several other verses.

Then there are some passages that tell the rules for either the slaves or the owners of the slaves at that time; you still must keep in mind that at that time, slavery was an accepted thing, and it even was the standard. It was the era of time, and it was the culture. Here are some verses for rules/laws for the slave/owner: Ephesians 6:5, Colossians 4:1, Titus 2:9-10, 1 Peter 2:18, Exodus 21:26-27, and several others.

And there are also some figurative passages that it talks about slavery of either the soul, or to sin... Galatians 3:28, Matthew 11:28, John 4:36, John 8:34, and several more.

Since you have failed to tell me where these verses are in the BIble, you still have no evidence to back your claim up.

You see, this is what I have been trying to get at- this entire debate I have given you sources and real proof. All you have done is given me a bunch of claims which either cannot be backed up with your lack of evidence, or I have disproven (or both).
pittythefool

Con

Anthony bro truth is I only read two lines of your argumemt. King James the only reliable! Lol you've ended your own argument G! Nuff said...signing out!
ChristTheRedeemer

Pro

Dan, despite your lack of proof, and inability to realize what I have been saying, I am proud of this debate. I not only have disproved everything you said, but proved my points. I would like all those voting to keep that in mind, and I hope that some people learned from this.

Thank you for this opportunity, I had a blast.

God bless,
ChristTheRedeemer (AKA Anthony)
pittythefool

Con

Questioning a book does not make you a non believer...keep that in mind! It has nothing to do with faith, everyone should be responsible for questioning the words written by men....vessel or not.
Posted by Kilk1 10 months ago
Kilk1
@pittythefool The name Christian is used in Acts 11:26, explaining when and where the disciples were first called by the name. King Agrippa, in Acts 26:28, said to Paul, "You almost persuade me to become a Christian" (NKJV). Also, in 1 Peter 4:16, Paul says that "if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter."
Posted by ChristTheRedeemer 11 months ago
ChristTheRedeemer
TiG,

does this mean that you are looking for a debate?

If so, please send me a friend request, and I will talk to you in private for the details
Posted by TiG 11 months ago
TiG
@ChristTheRedeemer

Another popular area in this topic is Genesis 1 vs. Genesis 2. Or, for that matter, the meaning of the word 'day' as used in Genesis 1.

http://www.godofevolution.com...
ChristTheRedeemer
And also, TiG, I will look into your claims.
ChristTheRedeemer
TiG, we can debate about that some other time. I am debating on whether or not there are contradictions in the Bible right now, that's why I am not using any other sources. The Bible is my only source.
ChristTheRedeemer
it is used three times, Dan
ChristTheRedeemer
I think it is, Dan
Posted by TiG 11 months ago
TiG
ChristTheRedeemer: "Also TiG, the Bible states several times, whether in reference or in literal terms, that the word of God was inspired by God (Yahweh)."

_______

You are using the Bible to vouch for itself - to declare itself divine. Do you recognize the problem?
Posted by TiG 11 months ago
TiG
ChristTheRedeemer: "Where do you find these claims of the Noah's ark animal pair contradiction?"

______

They are extremely well known as is the fact that much of the Bible is the weaving of multiple sources into one. The flood story comes from two sources (P and J) and arguably a third (the redactor who did the weaving).

ONE PAIR

Genesis 6:19-20 ...
19 And of all the living, of all flesh, you shall bring two to the ark to keep alive with you, they shall be male and female.

20 Of the birds according to their kind, and of the beasts according to their kind, and of all the creeping things of the earth according to their kind, two of each will come to you to keep alive.

SEVEN PAIRS and ONE PAIR

Genesis 7:2-3...
2 Of all the clean beasts, take yourself seven pairs, man and his woman; and of the beasts which are not clean, two, man and his woman.

3 Also of the birds of the heavens seven pairs, male and female, to keep alive seed on the face of the earth.

I just offered one example. Here is a link to more on the flood alone: http://contradictionsinthebible.com...
Posted by pittythefool 11 months ago
pittythefool
Is the word Christian in the bible? Any takers?