Tminusfour20
BasicallyWTF

There are no gender roles that we haven't culturally imposed on ourselves

Tminusfour20

Pro

A man should be this or a women should act like this. These are all standards that are so lost in its roots that no one has a clear definition as to why it exist besides the famous. "It's just how it is. "
BasicallyWTF

Con

Well I think that evolution and genetics created gender roles because if it was cultural there would be many different gender roles there would be matriarchal societies and patriarchal societies and different outakes of gender and what it means sexaul dimorphism created gender roles.
Tminusfour20

Pro

I agree with evolution and genetics playing its fair part and creating enough physical dimorphism to impose different roles on men and women. My big concern is that in the modern world the gender rules that exist wherever they came from shouldnt categorize men and women so easily. For example:

Is a man that loses his penis still a man?

Is a women with short hair and men's clothing still a woman?

These things are up for discussion and I guess my argument is where did those standards for men and women come from?
BasicallyWTF

Con

BasicallyWTF forfeited this round.
Tminusfour20

Pro

Tminusfour20 forfeited this round.
BasicallyWTF

Con

BasicallyWTF forfeited this round.