Mr.Meeseeks
YakovF

There are only 2 genders (unrelated to sex)

Mr.Meeseeks

Pro

Note: I get a lot of my sources from this video (a.k.a. the sources that the youtuber cites)
https://www.youtube.com...

First of all when I refer to gender I refer to basically someone's brain. The outside of someone and their genitalia do not change their gender nor do any outside forces (culture, etc.).

We can notice similarities (mostly in grey and white matter levels) in the brains between women and transgender women (man to woman) and vice versa with men and transgender men. This can be seen before any hormone treatment has happened. This means that the gender of the person has something to do with the brain. If we follow these brain scans all the way to birth (not literally) we can see that for the most part this does not change and transgender people will show the brain of the opposite sex before they even know it.

This data only shows a sort of on of switch between man and woman and doesn't show for any other "genders". This data also shows that gender cannot change or be affected by society or culture at all. Gender doesn't determine one's levels of femininity or masculinity either because tom-boys and girly boys will always exist and they will still remain female and male respectively.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything-I ran into a few studies regarding this information and I thought it was interesting and it convinced me pretty well. Please give your opinion, arguments, or any other evidence to support a dissenting pov.

Thanks
YakovF

Con

What about people with disorders, like transvestite? There is a third gender called: Other
Mr.Meeseeks

Pro

The word "transvestite" just means someone who cross dresses. A transvestite is still female or male gender wise.
"Other" is just an option on forms for those who don't want to disclose information- not because there is a literal gender called "other".

Also you didn't address anything that I said- I'd really like it if you did.
YakovF

Con

Oh yeah, sorry I thought it meant something else, but what I'm getting at is that some people with dis-orders aren't simply male or female, so they made "Other". I don't agree with demi-male and 76% gay female, that is nonsense. I do think there are 3 genders. "Other" to put all the people with disorders in. You just failed to notice that. Everything you said in round 1 was pretty correct, and doesn't really contradict my point. I'm just saying there is a third gender, but only 3. Not 126 or some weird number.
Mr.Meeseeks

Pro

I respect your opinion that there is a third gender for people for genders- but for the life of me I cannot find anything reputable about such a thing. If you are talking about intersex people- they generally are determined as female or male mentally before any surgeries take place (and are therefore not a gender). The only mental disorder that I can find regarding making someone think that they are not the gender that they are (or make them think that they are some sort of other gender) is gender dysphoria. I am referring to the mental illness that confuses someone of their gender.

Also the "third gender" of non-binary or gender-fluid have yet to be scientifically established as actual things (from what I read).

Besides that I've got no idea what you are referring to here. I'd be delighted to look into whatever videos or evidence you've got on the subject of a third gender. But I since I haven't found anything it is fine if you cannot find anything either.

Good debate
YakovF

Con

I mean chromosomal disorders.
The person isn't simply XX or XY, but XXX or XXXX. Something messed up. That's what I mean