SoloNo.1
Warren181

There is a clearly defined boundary between "natural" and "artificial".

SoloNo.1

SoloNo.1

Con

I think that the words "natural" and "artificial" are too vague and have no clearly defined boundary. By the "human-made" definition of "artificial", babies are artificial, but anyone who has presented me the "human-made" definition still has disagreed that babies are artificial. If anyone can give me a clear definition of the boundary between "artificial" and "natural", please do. If that boundary is non-arbitrary, even better.
Warren181

Pro

SoloNo.1

Con

Thank you, Warren188. Many people believe that artificial means human-made, and that natural means from nature. Let's take a look at those definitions: First, "artificial" meaning human-made. But then that must mean that any human is "artificial"? Many would disagree, and I have never met a person who agrees. So, if "natural" and "artificial" are mutually exclusive, and many people say they are, this means that humans are "natural". But if humans are "natural" and the things that they make "artificial" things out of are also "natural", does that mean anything "artificial" is made by "natural" processes from "natural" things? BUT if something comes from "natural" materials and "natural" processes, does that mean that it comes from nature and is therefore "natural"? Fundamentally speaking, humans are no different from the vulture that breaks an egg with a stone, or a chimpanzee that collects termites with sticks. Humans creating plastics out of petrochemicals is no more "artificial" from any animal creating waste out food, or descendants out of sperm and egg.

So I argue that "artificial" and "natural" are two terms that are too confusingly vague and poorly applied to be considered clearly separate concepts. I ask you to please see if you can give me the answers to my questions.
Warren181

Pro

Humans are not artificial. God created us, using only dust and breathed into us the breath of Life. Humans are not artificial because we are not made by other men.
SoloNo.1

Con

Thank you. I will now refute your aguments, as is quoted here:
"Humans are not artificial. God created us, using only dust and breathed into us the breath of Life. Humans are not artificial because we are not made by other men."
I do not believe that God created humans, for I have yet to find proof that he did. Your argument depends on the existence of God, which is an evidence-less stance.
Warren181

Pro

My Grandmother has survived Cancer 3 times. How else can that happen except a miracle from God?
SoloNo.1

Con

"My Grandmother has survived Cancer 3 times. How else can that happen except a miracle from God?"
It can happen because of medical technology and very smart doctors with years upon years of training. You cannot put the praise on an imaginary being when the actual experts are to be respected.
Warren181

Pro

Warren181 forfeited this round.
SoloNo.1

Con

My argument remains. I hope that you take this seriously, Warren188.
Warren181

Pro

Warren181 forfeited this round.
Posted by SoloNo.1 3 years ago
SoloNo.1
Nevermind, since I accidentally made the voting period too damn long, imma just restart now.
Posted by SoloNo.1 3 years ago
SoloNo.1
I will restart this debate after the voting period on this one ends. I hope I get a better opponent than Warren181.
Posted by ZebramZee 3 years ago
ZebramZee
There is of course no difference between what is called 'natural' or 'artificial.' It's all natural, whether it's banana peels put into a compost or plastic pollution dumped by the tons into the rainforest.
Vote Placed by Seeginomikata 3 years ago
Seeginomikata
SoloNo.1Warren181Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeit. Even if pro did not forfeit, judging from the way things were going, con would have gotten a 6point victory.