Fictional_Truths1
gagekilmer

There is a giant diamond buried in my backyard

Fictional_Truths1

Fictional_Truths1

Pro

First round is for acceptance only. This is a troll debate. Have fun :)
gagekilmer

Con

I accept your debate
Fictional_Truths1

Pro

I made a slight wording error in the resolution. It should be "It is beneficial to believe that a giant diamond is buried in my backyard"

Okay, let's go.

1. The space of my backyard has existed for a long time.

The space in my backyard has been around for a while. Who's to say a diamond hasn't formed some 100 feet buried beneath?

2. Look around

Look around in my backyard. Foliage, animals, snakes, unmowed grass, a fence. This must all exist for a purpose. Obviously, it must be so that this diamond can exist. Their must be a higher purpose for this planet existing, which is obvioiusly the gigantic diamond. Look how beautiful it is. Look how perfect.

3. Faith
Look at how amazing that diamond is. Wouldn't you want to own it? The problem is, is that you need to be worthy. So if a skeptic, a non-believer if you will, tried to find proof in the diamond, the very need to find proof would make it impossible to find it. You see, the only way to reap the benefits of this diamond is to unquestioningly believe it exists. Then, after you die, you'll be buried next to this giant diamond, and your conscence will be able to view it for eternity, and bathe in it's magnificence.

These are all very good reasons to believe in the giant diamond. I look forward to your arguments.
gagekilmer

Con

P1. 100 feet is not even close to enough depth for such an amazing diamond. it would have to be at lease 1,000,000,000,000 miles deep
P2. The world obviosly exists so we can create new television shows, and rule the world through hypnosis and brainwashing.
P3. obviosly a diamond this magnificent can only be found by accident. someone who believes in the diamond would look for it, yet someone who doesnt know of it, cant believe in it and can find it accidentaly.
Fictional_Truths1

Pro

I ask that the last round be for rebuttal only. No new arguments please.

Source, with background information.

The Toriblean (pronounced Tor-i-bl-an)

The Toriblean is the one true Holy Book. It is 2000 years old and spells out everything about the Great Diamond in magnificent detail. It explains that you must remain faithful to the Diamond and it's wishes if you wish to observe it for all of eternity. If you are not faithful, you go into the Great Sulfur Field, where you will burn for all of eternity. It is clearly written. To go against the Toriblean is to go against the Diamond, and that, my friend, is unforgiveable.

Rebuttal:

1. The space in my backyard has existed for a long time.

"100ft is not even close to enough depth for such an amazing diamond. It would have to be at least 1,000,000,000,000 miles deep".

Ah, but you see, this is no ordinary gigantic diamond. This is, in fact, an omnipotent, omnipresent diamond. It is in everybodies backyard, and exists at every depth at once. How could this be? How could a nonliving thing be omnipotent? How could a diamond exist everywhere at once but still have physical substance? Simple. We just attach a supernatual form 777 and that explains everything away, (https://www.youtube.com...) as seen in this video.

2. Look around

" The world obviously exists so we can create new television shows, and rule the world through hypnosis and brainwashing".

This is an absurd argument. If "we" refers to humans, then the television shows are pointless because animals are oblivious to them!. If "we" refers to the media executives, then why create normal humans at all?

3. Faith

"Obviously a diamond this magnificent can only be found by accident. Someone who believes in the diamond would look for it, yet someone who doesn't know of it, can't believe it and can find it accidentally".

Ah, but this is not the case. You see, the diamond uses it's omnipotence to remain hidden from non believers. You say somebody that doesn't know about it, can't believe it and can find it accidentally? If somebody doesn't know about this diamond, they are obviously a spawn of the Giant Talc. The Giant Talc is a much weaker, yet still beautiful and defiant, mineral which is the source of all evil and dissent. If you don;t believe in the diamond, then the Giant Talc has infiltrated your mind. You should contact your nearest Toriblean and read it. That'll get rid of the evil Talcian spirit.

gagekilmer

Con

I cant even argue with that kind of comic logic... perhaps massivedump should have taken my place
Posted by Fictional_Truths1 4 years ago
Fictional_Truths1
You said it is comic logic, and that you couldn't argue against it because it's comic logic. If it is so, then you're belief in God is based on comic logic as well. Also, I don't mind the forfeit. I was just pointing it out.
Posted by gagekilmer 4 years ago
gagekilmer
Yes I basically FF, but I didn't want to make you wait, I couldnt argue against you. And because I can't argue against the existence of a god-like being then I should denounce my faith? that seems like it doesn't quite fit.
Posted by Fictional_Truths1 4 years ago
Fictional_Truths1
Voters, consider that it was clearly stated in the first round that this is a troll debate. Also, Con is a Christian. If he can't argue with it, and he admits it, he should renounce his faith. I literally took the most common arguments for God, changed it to Giant Diamond and Giant Talc. If he couldn't refute that with simple logic, then the debate must go to Pro. Also, Con basically FF in the last round.
Posted by Naysayer 4 years ago
Naysayer
I coulda been a contender...
Posted by Fictional_Truths1 4 years ago
Fictional_Truths1
BoP is shared because it's a troll debate.
Posted by Naysayer 4 years ago
Naysayer
Eh. There's always next time.
Posted by Fictional_Truths1 4 years ago
Fictional_Truths1
Sorry, too late bro.
Posted by Naysayer 4 years ago
Naysayer
I'd like to accept this challenge, but who has burden of proof?
Vote Placed by imabench 4 years ago
imabench
Fictional_Truths1gagekilmerTied
Reasons for voting decision: where was I when this debate was made???
Vote Placed by sweetbreeze 4 years ago
sweetbreeze
Fictional_Truths1gagekilmerTied
Reasons for voting decision: LOL to Pro's arguments and LOL to Con for saying that MassiveDump should have taken his place.