HarryDick
PonticGreekMacedonian

There is a possibility of a God

HarryDick

Pro

My main argument will be the Big Bang.
PonticGreekMacedonian

Con

First of all I wanna wish you good luck on this debate! I am a Greek Orthodox Christian and I do believe there is a God and that he created this world and us!
HarryDick

Pro

HarryDick forfeited this round.
PonticGreekMacedonian

Con

PonticGreekMacedonian forfeited this round.
HarryDick

Pro

HarryDick forfeited this round.
PonticGreekMacedonian

Con

Posted by CaptainScarlet 8 months ago
CaptainScarlet
@HarryDick

I will happy to take Con in this debate, and argue that it is logically impossible for a creator deity (of any deistic or theistic conception to exist). We must be careful to define said deity though:

Primary attributes: immaterial, supernatural, conscious, infinite (timeless, changeless)
Secondary attributes: possesses intentionality (intends to create the Universe by causal processes), infallible (not capable of error)
Relational attributes: creator of the Universe
Posted by PonticGreekMacedonian 8 months ago
PonticGreekMacedonian
Wait I am sorry! I got confused so I will forfeit this because as I am on the religious side! Apologies for accepting the debate!
Posted by HarryDick 8 months ago
HarryDick
I will give a logical and scientific argument of why there must have been a creator involved with the universe/Big bang. That is your opinion that no believer has been able to demonstrate that there are any events in the universe which require God to explain. Most atheists are too ignorant to even consider the possibility of a God/creator but when logic is used they run from the argument. If you are so sure that my argument will be poor than accept my debate.
Posted by missmedic 8 months ago
missmedic
Believers must be able to present a model of the universe in which some god is "either required, productive, or useful."
This is obviously not the case. Many believers work hard trying to find a way to introduce their god into scientific explanations, but none have succeeded. No believer has been able to demonstrate, or even strongly suggest, that there are any events in the universe which requires some alleged "god" to explain. Instead, these constantly failing attempts end up reinforcing the impression that there is no "there" there " nothing for "gods" to do, no role for them to play, and no reason to give them a second thought. It's technically true that the constant failures don't mean that no one will ever succeed, but it's even more true that in every other situation where such failures are so consistent, we don't acknowledge any reasonable, rational, or serious reason to bother believing. The more you know the less you believe.
Posted by HarryDick 8 months ago
HarryDick
Supreme being, creator of the universe. I am not a theologian so I will not debate which religion is true but rather that our universe was created by a God/creator. Which God is the true God is a different debate.
Posted by n7 8 months ago
n7
Definition of God?
Posted by HarryDick 8 months ago
HarryDick
My arguments will prove that by using logic and the laws of science that atheism is logically flawed.
Posted by ViceRegent 8 months ago
ViceRegent
In other words, he will be arguing atheist mysticism. No thanks. Witch doctors should be seen and not heard.