MysticEgg
anigerian

There is a unique argument for the god of the three Abrahamic religions.

MysticEgg

MysticEgg

Con

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome to this debate. Allow me to explain my meaning when I say "unique". It might be misleading to some. When I say "unique"; I mean an argument that provides evidence for the god of the three Abrahamic religions that cannot be copy and pasted to another God or higher being. Therefore, any argument presented must be unique to the god of these three religions:
Christianity
Islam
Judaism
These three religions are often considered to be the three Abrahamic religions and, hence, they will be the religions which one must present unique argument(s) for.
The first round will be acceptance and opening arguments from my opponent (as the BoP [burden of proof] falls to him/her to proof this particular god). The last round will be for closing statements; this leaves rounds two, three, and four for good ol' debating!

My opponent will accept the following things:
S/he accepts that the BoP solely relies on him/her (in this debate) to prove this god uniquely.
S/he accepts that only logical arguments can be given.

My personal aim of this debate is to try to prove that any argument presented for the existence of the god of the three Abrahamic religions are not unique arguments. Hence, these three religions are just as logical/illogical as any other. The purpose of this debate is, of course, to try and prove me wrong.
Well, that's all for my round one - it's open for anyone. Good luck to my opponent (whomever it may be) and allez!
anigerian

Pro

Hello Brother.
I think your mom is my brother
MysticEgg

Con

I thank my opponent for accepting this debate. However, my opponent has not given any argument(s) during round 1, and has forfeited the rules of the debate. I ask that he is more careful in the future. I await my opponent's opening argument(s).
anigerian

Pro

anigerian forfeited this round.
MysticEgg

Con

I simply extend my statements.
anigerian

Pro

anigerian forfeited this round.
MysticEgg

Con

Extend all.
anigerian

Pro

anigerian forfeited this round.
MysticEgg

Con

Extend all.
anigerian

Pro

anigerian forfeited this round.
Posted by Huntman123 4 years ago
Huntman123
Valid point in round one contender. Very valid point.
Posted by MysticEgg 4 years ago
MysticEgg
dj21:
Neither.
You have to give an argument that cannot be applied to another God.
Posted by D.Wolf 4 years ago
D.Wolf
"S/he accepts that only logical arguments can be given." Not very often does on hear the words logical when referring to a debate that involves a god.
Posted by dj21 4 years ago
dj21
Is the argument to prove the God exists, or simply that the Abrahamic God is credited with certain attributes or a certain combination of attributes that are unique in the world of comparitive religion and mythology?
Posted by MysticEgg 4 years ago
MysticEgg
That'd be the latter. I agree; which is why I set this up. To openly challenge anyone who disagrees with us to present their evidence to the contrary.
Posted by Huntman123 4 years ago
Huntman123
I'm Christian so what would this be?

Christian vs Muslim?
Christian vs another religion?
Christian vs atheist that asks for tangible evidence which does not exist and in fact contradict Christianity altogether?
Posted by MysticEgg 4 years ago
MysticEgg
Yes, a unique argument. Not to prove the God to be unique - because that would be impossible. I mean a single, logical argument for this God alone.
Posted by Jellyfrog 4 years ago
Jellyfrog
Sorry, I'm kinda new here nd so I just wanted to make sure that I got the idea of this debate right: your asking someone to prove that the God of Christianity, Islam and/or Judaism is real in a way that wouldn't apply to other religions?
Posted by Dragonfang 4 years ago
Dragonfang
I believe that this will require a unique definition of God exclusive to the Abrahamic religions, but even if someone could come up with a unique charactristic of the Abrahamic God, there is no way to prove another forgotten or even a made-up religion doesn't have that charactristic for their god.
To prove something is unique, we must prove that it was never replicated and cannot be replicated, which is not possible.
Basically, you can counter every single argument by assuming the existance of a religion that fulfils the conditions of the argument. There is no need to look up any religion.

Anyway, I don't believe the Abrahamic religions made this claim, neither does it contribute to the validity of anything.
Posted by MysticEgg 4 years ago
MysticEgg
I don't think I can force you out. You'll have to keep looking. Otherwise, you could post your arguments as an apology and I we can just rush through the debate.
Vote Placed by Ragnar 4 years ago
Ragnar
MysticEgganigerianTied