PowerPikachu21
Rjupudi18

There is no God existing in our world.

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 4 weeks ago Status: Debating Period

PowerPikachu21

Pro

It's about time I stray from Death Battles! I'm going to do a "Does God Exist" debate.

The full resolution states "There is no God existing in our world". I'll provide definitions, and go into the rules.

Definitions:

God: The all powerful being that supposedly created the Universe, and rules over us, currently. As long as the Contender's argument meets this definition, it's good.

Exist: To exist means to be real; within this world. To exist, God must be objective, and some sort of argument must be made, whether philosophical, scientific, or anything else that's objectively reliable. Faith isn't reliable.

Our World: The Universe we're currently in. There must be evidence of God being within our world, currently. If the Contender shows God is (still) with us, he/she will win.

Rules:

*Please read and follow the rules. Darkrai does not show mercy to any trolls.*
[PS Darkrai isn't a God. He's a Legendary Pokemon. Not the same thing.]

1. Make sure you have an air-tight argument. Forfeiting or timing out counts as an instant loss, and endless nightmares. To enter this debate, you must have at least 3 debates cleared, and there are 48 hours for an argument.

2. We're talking about God, like the one from the Bible. No arguing for any other gods from any mythology, video games, or TV, or anything that's not The Lord. Doing so results in nightmares and a loss.

3. No trolling of any sort. Doing so will result in endless nightmares. Also, a loss.

I believe that's everything. I personally think there is no God with us. If you think you can show me otherwise, come at me!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 3 weeks ago
PowerPikachu21
14 hours, 43 minutes!
Posted by PowerPikachu21 3 weeks ago
PowerPikachu21
Rjupudi18, you have 16 hours remaining to post for Round 1. Arguments in Round 1 is optional. It is not required. Just post "I accept" for Round 1. After that post, I will give you some time. If you run out of time, I will report.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 4 weeks ago
PowerPikachu21
Don't forfeit Round 1. That is a reportable offense.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 4 weeks ago
PowerPikachu21
@infinutum I do agree I should learn more about the Universe, however, things should be defined in debates. You should see MagicAintReal's debates, as a lot of them show that definitions are important.

And lannan13's definition isn't the same as this debate's, so it would change the burdens of both Pro and Con.
Posted by eatmydick6969 4 weeks ago
eatmydick6969
god exists
Posted by lannan13 4 weeks ago
lannan13
I'd be willing to accept this if you change the definition of God to "the mind that grounds all of reality."
Posted by infinitum 4 weeks ago
infinitum
you should not define objects in your debate.

if you consider god as a being (natural or supernatural), the 'being' itself means existence or to exist. thus, god exist because it is a being (according to your defination).

you say if it exists in this world, god must have an objective. He created the universe (according to your defination of god aka "supernatural 'being' who 'created the universe'"; which is\was an objective.

your defination points out that god exist and that too in this world.
Posted by infinitum 4 weeks ago
infinitum
you should watch less pokemon and more discovery channel.
Posted by jo154676 4 weeks ago
jo154676
Im pretty sure nobody will take this argument because there is no proof of God because he doesn't exist
Posted by sboss18 4 weeks ago
sboss18
"World" means Earth, not the universe.