eggsy979
Fluer

There is no God

Fluer

eggsy979

Pro

Hello. in this debate, I would like to share my opinions on the mater of God. I am a devout atheist, but I have never had the chance to properly debate this issue. the reason for the low character count is that I don't want a massive essay for every round - this is just a quick debate.
Fluer

Con

This may seem a strange debate for me to accept as I am also an atheist however I will prove that there is a God in that he is a human creation rather than he is an almighty being that created humans.
Humans have created this figure God as a way of categorising unknown quantities and events. Since we have created Him and all other Gods that people worship and have produced texts and extensive studies into his character they exist in a form. With this form being a generation of the human imagination and a production of entertainment media.
We would not know of a God if we had not created him i.e. he would not have an existence. But people have created god-like figures therefore the have an existence within the human mind.
eggsy979

Pro

So are you suggesting that he is a figure made up by humans? In that case, I agree.... I think this is a bit of a strange debate?...
Fluer

Con

Yes I am.
By showing that he was created by humans and that humans hold a knowledge and understandment of him I can prove that he has an existance. If there is no God as you are suggesting then he would not exist. The debate then becomes a debate about what exostance really is which isn't a starnge debate at all.
And it is still a debate about god because as long as I can use my theory of existence to prove god exisits I win the debate.
So far I havn't heard any rebuttal.
eggsy979

Pro

eggsy979 forfeited this round.
Fluer

Con

If you wanted to hear a specific debate you should have set it up in your first post. You didn't so I set the debate.
None of my points were engaged with.
Vote Con
Vote Placed by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
eggsy979FluerTied