danimarton50
Deadlykris

There is no God

danimarton50

Pro

This is my first debate, go easy on me :D
Deadlykris

Con

It is impossible to truly know for sure about the existence of any deities. There exists no reliable evidence suggesting such a being exists, but that is hardly conclusive proof that none exists. There exists evidence contradicting the existence of some proposed gods, but that is only evidence of their nonexistence, not that of all deities as a whole.
danimarton50

Pro

Yes, you are completely right. What I was trying to say is that there is no evidence whatsoever to suggest the existence of a prime mover or creator, therefore I do not think there is a supernatural dimension
Deadlykris

Con

Your stated position was one of absolute knowledge ("There is no God") rather than disbelief ("I do not think there is a supernatural dimension"). You seem to have come around to my position. What happens now?
danimarton50

Pro

I think there is no point in finishing the debate unless you want to argue for the opposite of what I said in the earlier round
Deadlykris

Con

CIIReligion posted in the comments that we should just finish up the argument portions of this debate and ask people not to vote on it. I think that's a great idea.

PLEASE DON'T VOTE

I'll be back after you post your final argument to leave a hopefully witty closing message for this odd non-debate debate.
danimarton50

Pro

Okay, what I am goint to do is to show you why I don't think there is a God.

Evolution has meant that our prefrontal lobes are too small, our adrenal glands are too big, and our reproductive organs apparently designed by committee; a recipe which, alone or in combination, is very certain to lead to some unhappiness and disorder.

Our Universe is full of emptiness, randomness, chaos, death and destruction . You are free to believe in a God who has allowed 99.9% of all species to have ever existed on Earth to live and go extinct. All this death, randomness, cruelty, incompetence, and extinction are part of the plan of an intelligent being? It would suggest that God is cruel, capricious, incompetent, or simply does not care.

Will is merely the drive to reduce dissonance between each of our active neural circuits.
Evolution can be see as the same process, where nature tries to adapt or 'resonate' with its environment. By doing so, it evolved to a point, where it became self-aware and began to ponder its own existance. When a person faces the paradox of wanting purpose while thinking that human existence is meaningless, cognitive dissonance occurs.
Throughout history, this has led many to reach for spiritual and religious guidance, chanllenging science, as it failed to give answers to existential questions, such as: "Why or what am I?"

It is a horrible idea that there is somebody who owns us, who makes us, who supervises us waking and sleeping, who knows our thoughts, who can convict us of thought crime, who can create us sick (as apparently we are) and then order us on pain of eternal torture to be well again. To wish this to be true, is to wish to live as an abject slave.
Deadlykris

Con

Thank you. This concludes this weird non-debate. Remember, don't vote.
Posted by Deadlykris 3 years ago
Deadlykris
Go away, Dale. No one cares about your opinion.
Posted by Dale.G 3 years ago
Dale.G
you said there is before no God / Me Quote so there is a God and you want to know God
Posted by likespeace 3 years ago
likespeace
"Okay, what I am goint to do is to show you why I don't think there is a God.."

Why don't you test these ideas in an actual debate?
Posted by CIIReligion 3 years ago
CIIReligion
If I were you I would finish out the debate just posting your own personal views on the issue and then in the last round, both state, "PLEASE DO NOT VOTE" and give your own personal reasons as to why. Obviously this did not go the way both of you wanted. Try again and make sure the PRO gives a better first round argument than "This is my first debate, so go easy on me"
Posted by Deadlykris 3 years ago
Deadlykris
Don't worry, I'll go easy on you.
Vote Placed by johnlubba 3 years ago
johnlubba
danimarton50DeadlykrisTied
Reasons for voting decision: In fact I'm confused. No vote. I'm more concerned with adrews vote, he agreed against the title of the debate, There is no God, as he is a self proclaimed atheist, he must have switched sides without telling anybody. I think I will counter andrews vote, because how he made any sense out of this debate is beyond me.
Vote Placed by andrewkletzien 3 years ago
andrewkletzien
danimarton50DeadlykrisTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con played semantics, either to be a troll or to get a win. By a logical strain, Con accepted the debate as Con and thus affirms "There is a God," which is just as definitive. If one wanted to have a constructive and mature debate, he or she would have simply noted that this is a debate on a probability and engaged in a meaningful dialogue. And before I am charged with wrongfully voting in such a debate, I will note that by accepting a debate (a voluntary action), Con subscribed to the common rules of being judged on his dealings with the debate. Backing out after improper conduct does not warrant my granting of his or her wish.