There is no difference between God and a Unicorn

Round one is acceptance.
The rest are pure debating

I accept your interesting resolution. I hope for a serious intellectual challenge.

God. The religous being that is believed to have created the world.
Unicorn. It was fabled to be majestic, and to have a corn on its head.
Now look at the differences.

God (In look and appearance) Is fabled to look like a human
Unicorn (In look and appearance) Is fabled to be a horse that has a corn portruding from its head

So, God (Or the belief of god) came from a bible and Unicorn (or the belief of Unicorn) came from a book.

There is no scientifical evidence that God exists. There is no scientifical fact that Unicorn exists.

In many ways the two are similar.

People didnt limit Unicorns. Some believe that Unicorn created the world.

People didnt limit God. Some belive he created the world and that he is everywhere.

Unicorns have powers God has powers

People worship in God. People worship Unicorn

God is no different from a unicorn.

In my case I talk about God and Unicorns (except for the definitions) like they both exist (Not saying I disagree with this, not saying I agree). I do this to try to not piss anybody off.

My opponent lead his cases with descriptions of each of the subjects of this debate. I would like to add actual defintions from merriam webster.

Unicorn: an imaginary animal that looks like a horse and has a straight horn growing from the middle of its forehead
God: the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe

As you can see, these definitions are extremely different, so the two must be different, by definition. The unicorn is an imaginary animal, Gos is a powerful spirit.

Also, look at my opponents case:
"Now look at the differences.

Unicorn (In look and appearance) Is fabled to be a horse that has a corn portruding from its head"

My opponent himself has pointed out a difference! He has tried to prove that they are similar, but the resolution states "There is no difference". So, his entire case falls.

Finally, I'd like to point out some differences of my own.

Unicorns came from Europe.
God's 1st recorded appearance came in the Middle East.

Unicorns are non-human mammals.
God origanallytook animal sacrifices, but later denied them. At no point was he a non-human mammal.

There are many unicorns, as they are a species.
There is only one God.

Vote Con.

Good Luck Pro!

TheSymbiote forfeited this round.

My opponent has forfeited a round. I therefore ask that courtesy points be given to me, as well as all points if they do not return.

I will continue with my rebuttal.

My opponent himself has provided a difference.

God did not come from the Bible. He came from the Jewish population that fled Egypt. Unicorns came from Indo-European beliefs.

This is a similarity. There are other differences however.

His similarities are correct, but he has to prove that there is no difference. If there was only one tiny difference, then the Con still wins.

For example, even if he said this; "Fox news would say that both are white." He would still lose, even though this is a true similarity.
Jesus is white by Fox:
I do not have a link to where they said unicorns are white, however it can be inferred.

TheSymbiote forfeited this round.

I again extend all points and ask for courtesy points.

TheSymbiote forfeited this round.

I ask for all points for courtesy and arguments.
Posted by JP_Hatecraft 1 year ago
@Welqra I know right! I was so excited, I thought this one would be fun.
Posted by Welqra 1 year ago
Disappointed with the instigator forfeiting those rounds. This could have been a healthy and interesting debate.
Posted by JP_Hatecraft 1 year ago
1) Your first sentence is dogmatic. As an agnostic I'm going to ignore this.
2) Christianity, Judaism and Islam are all Abrahamaic (they all originated from Abraham). They are extremely similar.
3) Animal of God? I don't even know what that means.
4) The Unicorn myth actually does show "magic". The horn supposedly has magical properties.
5) So, we made up a logical, mathematically sound theory with no major scientific detractors, but an unknowable invisible man in the sky who made everything is accepted without a doubt?
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe and the vast majority believe you. Tell them the paint is wet and they have to touch it to be sure."- George Carlin

I do not mean to offend anybody. It just irks me to see a comment that is simultaneously extremely religious and ignorant.
Posted by ImAJesusFreak 1 year ago
The true God came from the Bible. (Just to clarify that, God wasn't created, he always existed, his recorded records and accounts come from the bible. Thats what I meant.) Im surprised Con thinks that Judaism and Islam and Christianity are similar. Wow. And Pro, you got to be kidding me. Unicorns and god, really? If the Unicorn was real, it would be an animal of god. Where does it ever say in any accounts of the unicorn "that the Unicorn has magical powers." We think of the Unicorn as a Magical creature because they don't exist in our time, and they are a mysterious creature, explaining the disappearance(or the nonexistence) with a magic based explanation. When we cant explain things, we make stuff up to explain it. (Like the Big Bang, but thats not what this debate is about.)
Posted by AshKelley 1 year ago
I am a unicorn. Here is your proof.
Posted by JP_Hatecraft 1 year ago
Just to clarify, does God (as it is capitalized and singular) in the resolution only apply to Abrahamic Religions (Christinity, Judaism, and Islam), or all religions with gods?
Posted by RavenDebater 1 year ago
I'm interested how this will go.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit