dhardage
karislovesyeww

There is no empirical evidence to support the assertion that any god exists.

dhardage

Pro

I submit that there is no empirical evidence to support the assertion that any god exists. First round is acceptance only, second round is for arguments, third and fourth will be for rebuttal and additional argument with fifth for summary. Any evidence provided must originate in a peer-reviewed study that was NOT done by an organization backed by a religious group of any kind.

Definition: Empirical. Obtained by direct or indirect observation, falsifiable, and repeatable.
karislovesyeww

Con

i accept the challenge.. Becouse God is not dead!! God is REAL TRUE and ALIVE
dhardage

Pro

Since I am asserting there is no empirical evidence that any god, not just the Christian variety, exists, my first argument is actually a challenge. I am aware of all of the philosophical arguments for the existence of a Creator, which many choose to call god. They are not acceptable in this debate as the rules call for empirical evidence. I cannot refer to any evidence of that nature to challenge because there is none. All evidence of gods is entirely subjective, entirely untestable, and dependent entirely upon books written for the specific purpose of promoting a religious agenda of one sort or another.
karislovesyeww

Con

karislovesyeww forfeited this round.
dhardage

Pro

My opponent has not been able to post arguments or rebuttal. I will pass my turn and give my opponent another chance to present any evidence she has.
karislovesyeww

Con

karislovesyeww forfeited this round.
dhardage

Pro

Once again my opponent has not taken the opportunity to present evidence. I pass this turn and hope that there will be some forthcoming.
karislovesyeww

Con

karislovesyeww forfeited this round.
dhardage

Pro

dhardage forfeited this round.
karislovesyeww

Con

Firstly i would like to apologize for not being on i have not had internet access. Thank you for waiting. I honestly dont know how to prove god is real but he does miracles every day to show us and he speaks to me.. and i know this is bias and opinions and im sorry i was not thinking about that when i sighned up for this sorry for wasting your debate.
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
I never said evidence. I said more probable.
Posted by dhardage 1 year ago
dhardage
Meaningless. You exist, that is only evidence that you exist and implies no creator if there is no evidence of creation and there is none. There is ample evidence of your development by the process of evolution, even if we don't necessarily know how the entire process started. Your argument fails as it is primarily unsupported assertion with, again, no evidence to support it.
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
I exist. The probability of me existing if a creator wanted me to exists is 100%. The probability of me existing by random occurance is all but impossible. Therefore its more probable a creator exists.
Posted by dhardage 1 year ago
dhardage
Be my guest. Understand that philosophical arguments do not inform reality so they are not convincing in any way.
Posted by Furyan5 1 year ago
Furyan5
you right. Gods existance can't be proved. But one can prove that gods existance is more probable than improbable.
Posted by dhardage 2 years ago
dhardage
Your experiences and personal observations of 'God' working in lives is purely subjective and as such not able to be tested and verified. A lot of people who hear the voice of a god in their heads are locked up as lunatics. Nothing you have provided can truly be considered serious evidence because it is mostly personal opinion. I require facts that can be verified. Please don't bother praying for me. Use that time to do something really useful like gathering foodstuffs for families that are in need, ok?
Posted by 802ogc24 2 years ago
802ogc24
Real quick. Empirical means: based on, concerned with, or verifiable by observation or experience rather than theory or pure logic. According to a google search definition. I can verify that I have experienced and observed God and so have many other people. I talk to Him every day, and I have seen Him work in peoples' lives. Therefore God is real. Also the Bible wasn't meant to be fought over like this and I will pray for you good sir that you can find peace and joy in God's love someday. You are loved.