Nathaniel_Kampeas
N_CBC

There is no proof of a deity (God)

N_CBC has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Nathaniel_Kampeas

Pro

So far in my life, I have not come across anything that convincingly suggests that a god exists or that we should believe in one. I would like to hear what another has to say about this topic.
N_CBC

Con

Look around you. Everything from the heavens to the earth was created by something or someone out there. We all long for something in our lives, to fill that void in our hearts that makes us feel so empty inside. This is not a void that money, fame, or anything else will every be able to fill. This is a hunger and thirst for a righteous God, because whether we recognize it or not, we need him and we can't live without him. You were made with a hunger and a thirst for something greater than yourself...we all are.
Nathaniel_Kampeas

Pro

Your argument is one of assertion. You assert but do not prove that everything was created by someone out there. You assert but do not prove that we long for something in our hearts. You assert but do not prove that this thing is God. My argument still stands.
Posted by kenballer 1 year ago
kenballer
Correct. That is essentially the clear and concise definition of salvation. I gave a more robust explaination of it and why you should be interested in obtaining it from the forum question I created before. So please try to respond there so we don't intrude on this debate.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Ken I can not give you a clear answer, without understanding your definition of "salvation", if you mean, "deliverance from sin and its consequences, brought about by faith in Christ."
Posted by kenballer 1 year ago
kenballer
"Missmedic"

If the Judeo-Christian God existed, would you pursue a relationship with him to obtain salvation?
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
An intellectual honest person would have to admit "I do not know".
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
No there is no god. So if you need one.. You will have to create one like everybody else who needed one.
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
A lot of horrible things in this world get done for something greater then ourselves. You do not use or need knowledge, proof or evidence for gods. The only thing needed for gods to be true is belief. If you don't have belief then gods are not true, because the more you know the less you believe.