JasonGlenn
Dale.G

There is no specific date to verify the birth of Jesus Christ.

JasonGlenn

JasonGlenn

Pro

In order to verify the validity of the biblical character "Jesus Christ" we must first be provided an exact date and place of birth.
Dale.G

Con

Before I start this Debate I would Like to thank the person who wanted to debate me so thank u
OK in this Debate there will be me answering questions? and i expect my questioned to be answered, and if u cannot answer my questions? OK done deal, I would like for u to say i would have to get back to u on that question.
OK History has a big part in Identifying who Jesus Christ is,'the Proof of the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ was Mentioned
The year numbering system now in use was developed about AD 525, the intent being that year of Christ's birth would Be 1 AD, and the years would be numbered before and after. An error was made in assigning AD 1, but by the time the Error was discovered,
The numbering system was widely used and could not be changed. so the correct year of Christ's birth according to the Numbering system is approximately 6 BC, Some of the other dates are also approximation, particularly the very earliest Dates, but they are based on the best available evidence.
JasonGlenn

Pro

After extensive research into the birth of "Jesus Christ", I have yet to find an exact date as in, month, day and year. There are several different scenarios behind verifying this but, they are nothing more than speculation and cannot be verified with absolute certainty. This fact punches a massive hole in the Christian holidays, "Christmas", "Good Friday", and "Easter." Without an exact date of birth to start with, how can these holidays be justified? And, as of today, there is no historical evidence for the exact day, month and year of the birth of Jesus. Again, this brings the entire Christian religion into question and this topic should have more attention.
Dale.G

Con

OK thanks for your question

Alright I will answer your question as I have shown and said in my first round, 1.
I will tell u again the year Jesus was Born was 6 BC,
6 BC, is a year like for example,' the year for my birth date is 1986,
/ Me quote a question? to u Jason would u believe me when I tell u I was born on the 4th of October 1986,
And that I am 26 years of age.
I will let u answer that question?
of mind
/ Me Quote well I have given u History prove and Evidence of the date and year of the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ it is just up to u Jason to believe what I have said in Round 1.
/ Me Quote Jason how do u know? the Birth of Jesus more then speculation?
JasonGlenn

Pro

It seems as if your not understanding this debate topic. Again, through extensive research, I have not been able to verify an exact or specific date of birth of "Jesus Christ." When you say, "I will tell u again the year Jesus was Born was 6 BC", I expect your backing that claim up with any source of absolute certainty and not an opinion. And then you say "6 BC, is a year like for example". Well, which is it Dale G? Is the year 6BC a fact or, is it an "example?"

Now, in response to your question of, " Me quote a question? to u Jason would u believe me when I tell u I was born on the 4th of October 1986,And that I am 26 years of age." my answer would be "no". If I am to verify your date of birth Dale G, I will need more than your word. A government issued birth certificate, drivers license, photo identification card and or up to a finger print analysis would be required to verify your identity with absolute certainty.

Now, in response to your statement of " Me Quote well I have given u History prove and Evidence of the date and year of the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ it is just up to u Jason to believe what I have said in Round 1." Well Dale, I disagree with you in that you claim to have provided proof and evidence of the date "Jesus Christ" was born. Everything you provided here is 100% speculation and cannot be verified as fact. Again Dale G, there is no specific date to verify the birth of "Jesus Christ." There are many sources found on the internet that agree to the fact that there are no historical documents or scriptures that verify this issue with absolute certainty. To outline one source, I recommend your starting here, in section 2.1, http://en.wikipedia.org...
Dale.G

Con

What i said in round one i used some of what I said from the BIBLE, the BIBLE is my reliable back up Evidence :)
There have being some people who have said different dates of the birth of Jesus Christ.
It really doesn't matter what the day was when Jesus Christ was Born,'like for example I have told u the truth Jason About when i told u I was born on the 4th of October 1986,
And that I am 26 years of age.
? Me Quote Jason if u cannot believe me when I tell u,' from myself then u would not believe me, when I upload a Photo of my Lerner licences right I will not use my Birth certificate, or my Lerner Licence, to upload and put onto the Internet even If i Use a uploaded drivers licences to prove to u my age and birthday u will think I am someone else.
Meaning u will think the photo of me is someone else,
Why well here is why Jason Number: one If let's say I upload my Lerner Licences, and showed u my date of birth my Address will show up on there; and I will not want to have people I don't know come to where I live and maybe Kill or Hurt me. I need to be safe with those thing's it is called Privacy; and protecting my privacy is allowable, like for Example
When signing up to Facebook do Facebook demand u to upload your birth certificate, or upload your drivers licences, if U have one,' to believe that it is really u? and If your answer is no,' Facebook dose not demand u to upload a birth Certificate, or your drivers licences to prove who u are. then that means i can be sure that what u say is the truth when U use Facebook because if someone dose not tell the truth on Facebook then they are deceiving people right.
Then if your answer is yes then there will not no fake Facebook pages out there; but there; are fake Facebook Accounts out there; right here is the link for Facebook before singing up to facebook https://www.facebook.com... u will Agree with me that there are Fake Facebook accounts out there right? Number:2 if u Jason had your provisional, P-Plates,' and u stick your P-Plates on your car. tell me this dose Transport department? have your Birth certificate, on Your P-Plates that u stick on your car. if u say no then u do not need to have someones Birth certificate, to prove who They are, i do not really need my Wife's Birth certificate, to really know who she really is, when she tells me how old She is I believe her; when she tells me she was born i believe her, Jason regardless of what u think about the birth of Jesus Christ is this people are talking about when Jesus Christ was Born. Jason u say There is no specific date to verify The birth of Jesus Christ. / Me Quote i say the first 2 words u said where; there is before u said no. so yes i Believe There is the birth of the Lord Jesus Christ i have read from the BIBLE. The BIBLE say's in Matthew 1:19-23
King James Version (KJV)
19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a public example, was minded to put her away privily.

20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

22 Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,

23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

/ Me quote here is the link I used to prove my point http://www.biblegateway.com...

/ Me quote Jason I have read what is found in the link that u gave in your comment, and u went to a link where some People try to give dates of when Jesus was born. if I did not give u my Birth certificate, or Drivers Licences to prove I Was real. then that remains a mystery between me and u, but I am real and when I say I was born on the 4th of October 1986 then that is no mystery there: why because that is the truth why would I lie about my birthday I am sure If u told me your date of Birth in writing, I will believe u but u have not as yet. so I cannot know when u where Born Jason Jason u have not debated when u where Born or the date u where Born in, Jason u would not debate your Birthday or when u where born but tell me this Jason do u know at what time u where Born, so to me. Jason that will Be a mystery until u tell me, right Jason I do not really need your drivers Licences, or your Birth certificate, to believe u Are 39 years old when I put my age up on my profile I expect people to see who I really am. I do not muck around with People by lying to them, so for me to know and believe who Jesus Christ really is,'
Is this I Need to believe and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. in-spite of Jesus birthday Jason i do not know u Personally right so there is a lot about u i will never know but all i do know is u are real person who is looking for Answers from Christians.
I do not worry every day of what day u where born, :) on or what moth u where born on,' it is a bonus for u to tell me What date your birthday was or what year u where born on,' I do not go around asking everyone for there Birth Certificate, or Drivers Licences to know who they really are. Jason u would believe me here there are some people who Can do fake Birth certificate, or Drivers Licences or fake school ID cards to get into night clubs there is proof of that Here is a link http://www.gwhatchet.com.../ Me Quote here Is another link http://www.bhs.umn.edu...
/ Me Quote there is proof that someone can do up a fake school ID cards

In my final words are this, I have meet people and when they say, there age and where their where born, I believed Them even when I have seen my Wife Birth certificate, but I first heard her talk about her age; so If someone Dose not Believe me when I tell them when I was born, what year and what moth and how old I really am, then they are Deceived, And they cannot believe a word u say to them. it would be pointless If someone doubts your age and your Birthday and The moth u where born, on or how old u really are, when u already told them. to the voters out there I Have told the Truth about how old I really Am.I have told Jason and I have even given Jason my birthday the 4th/10/1986 the moth is October: even if I Uploaded a real photo of me showing my drivers licences, it will have my real birthday on the ID, that I Stated to Jason Already but even some of u voters out there u maybe won't believe me even if I uploaded a real photo Of me. showing My drivers licences for proof because A u don't personally know who? I really Am, and thus that will be A mystery Between me and u, and another think to is u would have to know me personally for me to show u my drivers licences; because out of my safety and protection and my Privacy rights :)I just don't give out A photo of me with my drivers licences to strangers; and I would not give out my Birth certificate to people I never meet before. I would like to thank u Jason for choosing to debate me it was fun debating u God Bless u forever
Posted by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
Dale.G, you have lost 8 out of 8 of your debates! You lost 3 points in this debate on spelling and grammar alone. People want to read writing that is clear and easy to understand and that looks like the author made an actual effort to communicate. You shoot yourself in the foot when you write things like, "u will Agree" instead of "You will agree" or that "/me Quotey" rubbish.

If you want to actually convince people and win, try to use proper English. If you're not sure how to do that, use the "Check Your Spelling" link at the bottom of each page where you submit your arguments. You may think form is a silly reason to lose points, but imagine presidential candidates showing up to debates in swim suits! They would not be taken seriously.

Even the one out of three who voted your way wrote, "Con's spelling was awful though."

You didn't "really won". You had a good opportunity, but you bombed it.
Posted by JasonGlenn 4 years ago
JasonGlenn
Not one of the voters are in my friend list nor did I ever request that they vote. Had you actually had taken the time to look into that BEFORE you make such a moronic comment such as this,,,, you would have known better. But NO. You are just a sore loser in more ways than one. Step up your game Dale because,,, so far,, your making a complete fool of yourself!!!!
Posted by Dale.G 4 years ago
Dale.G
I really won this debate checkmate Jason there are lots more people out there more then the people who voted for u they voted for u because they are your friends or u could of told them to vote for u
Posted by JasonGlenn 4 years ago
JasonGlenn
Did you ever come up with a "specific" date to solidify your position in this debate Dale???
Posted by Dale.G 4 years ago
Dale.G
I wish most voters would be honest but I can see some voters are not honest when it comes to a fair debate
Posted by Imalittlepanda 4 years ago
Imalittlepanda
This wasn't a debate....
CON did not address specific topic at hand and instead went off on a tangent.
I was looking forward to this topic, it's a shame it didn't turn out well.
Oh well, on to the next one!
Posted by likespeace 4 years ago
likespeace
Con> "The lawyer has to believe him" - Hogwash!

"I would be dishonest if I told most criminal defendants that I believed they were innocent."

"You don't want my beliefs--my personal prejudices or preferences--to motivate me, do you? No, you want an advocate who looks under every rock in the case to find a flaw, to push the envelope, and to work until every possibility is explored, not a lawyer who works on 'belief.' If lawyers had to 'believe' their clients were innocent to defend them, few people would be defended very well."

Source:
http://criminalcasequestions.blogspot.com...
Posted by JasonGlenn 4 years ago
JasonGlenn
Your wrong on several levels Dale. You have NO idea what your talking about and I bet you have never had to deal with criminal attorneys before because your comment is compete nonsence!!
Posted by Dale.G 4 years ago
Dale.G
plus if someone goes to a Lawyer and asks the Lawyer he is not guilty then the Lawyer has to believe him why because the persons lawyer is the one who will be defending the person who is not guilty if the lawyer did not believe the person who comes to the Lawyer for help then the Lawyer cannot take the case but then the lawyer cannot defend anyone who comes to him for help checkmate Jason
Vote Placed by johnlubba 4 years ago
johnlubba
JasonGlennDale.GTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con Took this debate when the resolution is very clear, Con failed to provide an excact date, but instead claimed it doesn't matter. Con did not fullfill his Bop.
Vote Placed by AshleysTrueLove 4 years ago
AshleysTrueLove
JasonGlennDale.GTied
Reasons for voting decision: The problem with this debate was a misunderstanding on pro's part was what constitutes BOP. He simply claims through his own studies he has not been able to find exact evidence of that specific date or any one for that matter but that doesn't support his claim. Con's spelling was awful though.
Vote Placed by philochristos 4 years ago
philochristos
JasonGlennDale.GTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made two specific claims in this debate: (1) There is no specific date to verify the birth of Jesus Christ, and (2) We must know an exact date and place of birth before we can know that Jesus Christ existed (or at least that's how I interpreted him). Pro didn't defend either one of these claims. But that ended up not hurting him very badly because Con didn't make any attempt to refute them. In fact, he didn't even seem to understand what Pro was saying. Since Pro failed to defend either resolution, and Con failed to even address either resolution, I tied them. But spelling and grammar go to Pro because Con's spelling and grammar were terrible.
Vote Placed by Bodhivaka 4 years ago
Bodhivaka
JasonGlennDale.GTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con was unable to provide any compelling evidence demonstrating the correct date of Jesus' birth; as such, the resolution is upheld and Pro gets points for arguments. Pro also gets S&G points, seeing as how Con lazily replaced words like "you" with "u." Lastly, Con provided more sources than Pro, particularly in the last round, and he therefore gets points accordingly.