MissGoodChristian
MyBrainHurts123

There is no such thing as an answer, An "answer" to a question is just a belief.

MissGoodChristian

MissGoodChristian

Pro

Okay so what is 1+1 ? People may say 2. How do you know that answer is right? How do you truly know? That "answer" is man-made. Anything man-made can have errors. Just like anything in the bible. Atheists or Agnostics may ask a question such as, How do we really know there is a GOD? People BELIEVE GOD exists. Others BELIEVE there is no GOD. The "answer" to that question or questions along those lines is a belief NOT a truly correct answer. As a Christian anything in the bible is truth because, it is not man-made answers. Those answers were made by GOD and GOD is perfect therefore that means GOD answers are perfect because he is perfect. And when something is perfect it is right. Just like the question I asked about what 1+1 equals. You believe the answer is 2. but, is it? If you answer that question it is a belief. You may have theories about 1+1 equaling 2 but, how would you know that answer is truly right? It is a man-made answer.

Be nice, Have fun and keep the language clean. I hope you dont take anything I put, to offense. Good luck to whoever may accept this debate.
MyBrainHurts123

Con

Well... MY brain hurts so I will end this swiftly.... So you say, "There is no such thing as an answer, An "answer" to a question is just a belief". Well some answer can be right as I will prove, Do me a favor, Hold up both of your index fingers, now slowly let them gravitate toward your eyeball..... good, good... Nice... Keep going... stop until they are about 1 cm from your eyes.... Now.... I want you to take one finger.... If you believe in the number one..... Its pretty concrete... But.. w/e.. Anyhow, Take one finger and rip one eyeball out. How many fingers did it take for you to rip that eyeball out? And how many eye's to you have left? Well..... If you did as I instructed and I hope you did, you only have one eyeball in your head now. Your field of vision has changed, its a lot different from the field of vision you had when you had "two" eyes isn't it? Well that's because you did this 2-1=1. And you definitely found out that there is a certain concreteness to things. And that you could actually use the symbols 1 and 2 and 3 to put a face on things in order to describe what happened.. You have something called words, which are nothing more than symbols used to express the essential meaning of something. You took one finger and ripped one eye out.
MissGoodChristian

Pro

Were your eyes man-made? No. I should have specified. Man-Made! Well, You still have two eyes. One just doesn't work properly or at all. So therefore your problem is inadequate. Though your field of vision may be different. You can still see, smell, hear, taste and feel. Maybe that eyeball argument doesn't work so much after all. Lets state one thing: Man-made. Thank you.
MyBrainHurts123

Con

Were your eyes man-made? No. I should have specified. Man-Made! Well, You still have two eyes. One just doesn't work properly or at all. So therefore your problem is inadequate. Though your field of vision may be different. You can still see, smell, hear, taste and feel. Maybe that eyeball argument doesn't work so much after all. Lets state one thing: Man-made. Thank you."

Thank you for that, I had a tremendous laugh. Well, eyeballs were developed a loooong time ago, before we were even human. The environment created our eyeballs through a long serious of genetic variation, natural selection and adaptive processes. What does man made have to do anything? Truth and answers can be independent from man. Much like the 1+1=2. Although you could say 1+1=2 with different symbols, but... all symbols are merely created so we're able to communicate and perceive the universe in an organized manner.

The parable I laid before you was to give you physical proof that answers and truth exist, you ripped your eyeball out.
Now your field of vision has changed or is lacking completely, What this means is that we can answer the question, "what happens if I remove one or both of my eyes". You're eyeball is missing, now its harder for you to see. This points to the fact that things are answerable. 2-1=1.... The 2 part is two eyeballs, the -1 is the removing of 1 of those two eyeballs, and the = 1 symbolizes the the only eye you have left.. 1+1 will always be 2 ok? This is kindergarten math. It can be done over and over and over and over... We know for a fact that when we ask ourselves 1+1 what the result will be. Truth is something that can be verified and tested several times. It is a constant, never changing...... Lets state one last thing- If you're going to throw scripture at me please... Save my time and yours. Your good book is the farthest thing from being able to be claimed an answer, it doesn't belong in conversation that attempts to bring forth knowledge or facts. I could careless about religion at all, unless it is put in contrast with truth,facts, answers. Truth is irrefutable. one is one. two is two. three is three. etc.
MissGoodChristian

Pro

Okay this is turning into something waay different. Let this be the last of an eyeball. This is really starting get rocky on whether we are talking about eyeballs or answers.
MyBrainHurts123

Con

MyBrainHurts123 forfeited this round.
Posted by MissGoodChristian 2 years ago
MissGoodChristian
I did not think that 1+1=3. Dear.
Posted by MyBrainHurts123 2 years ago
MyBrainHurts123
If you think that 1+1=3 you're wrong. Facts do not require your belief dear.
Posted by MissGoodChristian 2 years ago
MissGoodChristian
I cant provide you with any other answer because I believe differently than you do. This is just a fun and stupid debate. Thinking deeply helps you think better.
Posted by JustSomeone 2 years ago
JustSomeone
I agree with Cheyenne. I'm think that you are thinking about this too deeply and have become irrarional because 1+1=2 what other answer can you provide to me?
Posted by LogicalLunatic 2 years ago
LogicalLunatic
Hi Aerogant.
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Truth is unchangeable. 1+1=2. That is truth because it works every time.Now beliefs take faith . Because we cannot see the end result.Doesn't mean a thing is not true, but evidence that is not apparent to the senses needs faith to be believed.Faith is the substance of things hoped for, it is the evidence of things not seen. When I see the complexity of living things, the only conclusion I can can come up with is intelligence.And when I read the bible and its pinpoint accuracy about human behavior, then when the author of that book says he created all matter, that gives me strong evidence that he did. And when I accepted him, then he showed me how , why , and for whom he created all things.And where we came from and where we are going. I am not limited only to what I can see.People who say God does not exist are operating on only about 5 % of total knowledge that is only in this natural universe. How can they be sure that he does not exist in the other 95%?
Posted by MissGoodChristian 2 years ago
MissGoodChristian
Haha, No it would not. I just like to dumb things down so I knew what I said and what I did not say. I dont have alot of big words.
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
philochristos
I would take this debate, but I'm afraid it would quickly turn into a dispute about the meaning of words.
Vote Placed by bladerunner060 2 years ago
bladerunner060
MissGoodChristianMyBrainHurts123Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments were, frankly, nonsensical. Con's response, though, was likewise. And then Con forfeited a round, which means conduct is the only point I'm awarding, here.