renji_abarai
thejmanjman

There is no such thing as trying

thejmanjman

renji_abarai

Pro

I thank whoever accepts this debate for debating this topic with me. I have been wishing to debate this topic and I wish whoever accepts it good luck. I have posted the rules and what to do in each round as well as the definitions below.

Abuse: Constant use or a hefty amount of something
Trying: The use of saying you will try to show that you will either succeed or fail.

Rules
1. No abuse of semantics.
2. No abuse of any form such as using advantages from the dictionary multiple times

Rounds
1 - Acceptance
2 - Arguments
3 - Rebuttals and arguments
4 - Rebuttals and closing. No more arguments may be presented in this round
thejmanjman

Con

Although I recognize that the great and wise Yoda once said "Do or do not, there is no try", I hereby declare that there is such a thing as "trying".

State your case Pro.
renji_abarai

Pro

renji_abarai did not forfeit this round.

thejmanjman

Con

"There is no such thing as trying" is not equivalent to "There is such thing as not trying." With your non-response, I believe you're trying to prove the second statement, which is not the subject of this debate.
renji_abarai

Pro

renji_abarai forfeited this round.
thejmanjman

Con

Pro disproved his contention when he in fact attempted to win the debate regardless of his strategy. "Try" is defined as to attempt to do or accomplish (www.dictionary.com). Pro, in fact, attempted to prove there is no such thing as trying, thereby proving the existence of "trying".

A secondary definition of "Trying" is extremely annoying, difficult, or the like; straining one's patience and goodwill to the limit (www.dictionary.com). His failure to show up for the debate was, in fact, annoying and therefore proved, once again, the existence of "trying".

Vote con.

Out.
Posted by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
Ah. That's better, I did not understand your reason very well.
Posted by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
I'll explain myself. You did not post any argument in any round, which is why I believe you forfeited.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
One does not have to not post anything for it to be considered a forfeit. If you state that you forfeit, concede, or give up, it is counted as a forfeit.
Posted by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
That is the latter of which I have just said. If I FF then I would have actualy not posted anything anything in that round.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
You did forfeit, because you typed it in yourself that you forfeited. That counts as a concession.
Posted by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
The point im trying to get across was that I did not FF a round. I didn't post my arguments for each round. they are two different things, but they both have the same effect. I am saying his reason was wrong.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
His voting reason isn't futile. He was required to have a voting reason; thus, the fact that you forfeited was the best reason to vote in the favor of Con.
Posted by renji_abarai 5 years ago
renji_abarai
I know that. He should have specified that my inability to post arguments is the equivalent of FF, but he generally said that I did not post an argument. I know that sicne I did not post any arguments, it was futile.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
Oh, nvm, I just saw his voting decision.

But still, you didn't provide any arguments, so it's the equivalent of forfeiting.
Posted by PeacefulChaos 5 years ago
PeacefulChaos
That's what Multi said ...
Vote Placed by Multi_Pyrocytophage 5 years ago
Multi_Pyrocytophage
renji_abaraithejmanjmanTied