Hawking0820
rajbirsingh

There is not enough evidence to state that the Christian God or any deity at all exists.

Hawking0820

Pro

There is not enough evidence to state that a god exists, or that a god is needed to create the universe. ***[Although I used to be a Christian, I'm pretty set on my beliefs that God does not exist. However, I want to hear from a Christian to see if they have any proof that God exists. I do not believe that the Bible is a valid example of proof. Some of the reasons for my disbelief in God:
1. When I was going through hard times, I began to doubt God. Being a Christian at the time, I did everything I could think to do so I could save my faith. I fasted, read my Bible daily, and constantly prayed, asking God to show himself to me. After weeks of repeating that same routine, I realized that if God really was there, he knew exactly what would help me get my faith back, yet nothing happened.
2. There are so many devastating events going on in the world. Why isn't God doing anything? If he's there, then he is watching millions of people die from horrible situations every day. That does not sound like a God that deserves to be worshiped.
3. So basically, everyone who doesn't believe in God is going to Hell, yes? What about that child living in poverty who has never heard of any sort of religion? What about that scientist who is an atheist, yet saved millions of lives by finding a cure to a fatal disease? According to Christians, these people will burn in Hell, not for being horrible people, but because they don't know God.]***

First round is to accept this debate only

Second Round is for opening arguments

third round is for rebuttals

Fourth round is for second Rebuttals

Fifth round is for conclusion

I will be taking the Pro side of the argument

***This is from username "The Instigator", he perfectly stated my beliefs.***
rajbirsingh

Con

i accept your debate hope it's fun.
Hawking0820

Pro

Thank you for accepting this debate, and yes this should be fun.

I believe that the burden of proof lies on the person making the claim, if someone says that they have seen a leprechaun it is up to them to prove to you they saw a leprechaun, and leprechauns are real. It is not the up to the person hearing the claim to disprove it. So in this debate, as the resolved is that there is not enough evidence to claim a deity exists, it is up to you to please provide evidence pointing towards a deity existing. Since I believe there is not enough evidence pointing towards the existence of a deity, I will instead provide you with information showing we do not need a deity to create the universe.

The Big Bang is a widely accepted theory for the origins of the universe, the Big Bang Theory states, that the Big Bang was at one point a Singularity. This singularity expanded, creating matter, and along with this matter, Positive Energy (E=Mc2) you could also say its the same thing but for the sake of this debate I'm putting them separate to make it easier to understand . At the same time this matter and positive energy was created, an equal amount of negative energy was created in the form of space and since space and time are one it created time too, something we now know as space-time. For every amount of positive energy, there is an equal amount of negative energy in the form of space adding up to an equal amount. So the universe in all is an equal amount of negative and positive energy. This matter and space continued and has continued expanding. We know this because when we look out onto the edge of the observable Universe, we see red. This is called red-shift and it is part of the Doppler Effect this red shift happens when matter is moving away from you and when something is moving away, there must have been a point of origin, and for the universe this point of origin was a singularity. Also, since the Big Bang created time, there was no time before the Big Bang. Which means there wasn't any time for a a something to cause the Big Bang. This includes a deity. if we look down at the subatomic level we see that particles such as protons simply appear in and out of existence because they behave according to Quantum Mechanics, and the Big Bang Theory states that the universe was a singularity which means it was smaller and a lot denser than a proton. So if it was that small Quantum Mechanics could also apply, (allowing it to simply appear into existence such as the protons we put in a substance and track).

This is one of the things showing that we do not need a God to create the universe, but please, again, provide evidence showing that a God created the universe, or that a God exists at all. I look forward to seeing your arguments. Thank you!
rajbirsingh

Con

rajbirsingh forfeited this round.
Hawking0820

Pro

My opponent has forfeited the second round which was for stating his arguments. Meaning, he has forfeited his option to state his arguments as it is clearly stated in the rules I posted that the second round was for arguments. The third round was for rebuttals against the second round arguments, but he has no arguments so I cannot refute anything. The fourth round was to refute the rebuttals of the third round which refuted the arguments of the second. But he again, forfeited the second round so there isn't anything on my side for me to refute. I believe by default, I win this debate since he forfeited the second and the third, fourth and fifth rounds are pointless without the second round. Thank you. Rajbirsingh, you can forfeit the rest of the rounds or you can refute some of my points for practice. Your choice. Thanks for accepting my debate. Have a good one.
rajbirsingh

Con

rajbirsingh forfeited this round.
Hawking0820

Pro

Hawking0820 forfeited this round.
rajbirsingh

Con

rajbirsingh forfeited this round.
Hawking0820

Pro

Hawking0820 forfeited this round.
rajbirsingh

Con

rajbirsingh forfeited this round.
Posted by Sagey 3 years ago
Sagey
I agree completely with Pro's opening statement.
I had a similar slide from Christianity, when studying theology, yet my slide was aided by my also studying the history of religion, esp. Christianity from Encyclopedias @ the public library and discovering the works of Voltaire.
Though there is evidence for God, instead of helping the dying children in 3rd world countries, he helps Tim Tebow win goals.
XD~
Posted by The_Scapegoat_bleats 3 years ago
The_Scapegoat_bleats
I agree with the resolution, but your argumentation is all wrong.
"There is not enough evidence to state that the Christian God or any deity at all exists." is true in my opinion.

But what you propose as basis of your argumentation is inconclusive.
I would love to refute your arguments, but I would not be able to take the position you demand.
What a pity, this would have been fun.
Posted by Topkek 3 years ago
Topkek
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.
Posted by Hawking0820 3 years ago
Hawking0820
Pro*
Posted by Hawking0820 3 years ago
Hawking0820

Second Round is for opening arguments

third round is for rebuttals

Fourth round is for second Rebuttals

Fifth round is for conclusion

I will be taking the Con side of the argument