ameyav
induced

There is nothing ever wasted.

ameyav

Pro

I like to make an argument(reasoning) about this topic

Maximum of 2,000 characters only per side.

definition:Waste(s) (also known as rubbish, trash, refuse, garbage, junk, and litter) is a pejorative term for unwanted materials. The term can be described as subjective and inaccurate because waste to one person is not waste to another.

Nothing is no thing,[1] denoting the absence of something. Nothing is a pronoun associated with nothingness

*My opponent will take the con side and prove that there is a thing wasted

Round 1 is for acceptance.

**good luck**

:)

SOURCE:
induced

Con

something is wasted when it is not producing the desired result. arent lot's of things wasted? food, time, lives of those killed in counterproductive wars, etc.

if i bought some food, but it expired before i ate it, then i would consider it wasted because it didnt accomplish my goal of feeding and nourishing myself. since expired food is unwanted by me, then it is waste to me. at least subjectively, it is wasted.

also, everything is wasted objectively too, because there is no meaningful purpose to anything. you can say the purpose of A is B, but that would be meaningless unless B had a purpose as well. so let's say that B does have a purpose called C. now C needs to have a purpose, or else A is ultimately purposeless. this leads to an infinite regress problem, which shows that nothing is ultimately objectively purposeful, so everything is wasted, including our lives, the earth, happiness, greed...everything.
also, everything is wasted in a sense, because there is no meaningful purpose to anything. you can say the purpose of A is B, but that would be meaningless unless B had a purpose as well (otherwise, B would be a purposeless "purpose"). so let's say that B does have a purpose called C. now C needs to have a purpose, or else A is ultimately purposeless. this leads to an infinite regress problem, which shows that nothing is ultimately objectively purposeful, so everything is wasted, including our lives, the earth, happiness, greed...everything.
ameyav

Pro

My opponent violated the rule;Round 1 should only be for acceptance. :D

REFUTE FOR CON'S POINT OF VIEW
#You said:something is wasted when it is not producing the desired result. arent lot's of things wasted? food, time, lives of those killed in counterproductive wars, etc.
*Actually my opponent is wrong;Even any dictionary doesn't say that something is wasted because the owner doesn't produce any desired result.The term should only be,"doesn't came up with expected benifit".

Things are not wasted,
Any food in this life is never wasted;When all foods are not consumed by the owner,It will be thrown to thrash bin,gave up to cats,dogs or other organisms will just eat that food.In other words,when all foods are not consumed by the owner;Other organisms will eat it.Which, will lead to no trace of food uneaten and will contribute to food chain.

Time is not wasted,
Time is given to you,It is only the thing that you really own.The only question is,Where you will use it?
Whenever you don't consume your time in the way you want,it is not wasted because the major usage of time is to gather experience and memories.

Dead people upon wars is not wasted,
If the people died,their bodies will be buried and microorganisms will fed upon it;So,those are not wasted.

#I will point out your meaning with the relation of A,B and C also.
Some of your point of view are true,some are not. :)
Yes the relations will prove that nothing is ultimately objectively purposeful but it doesn't mean it is wasted.

If A=Life
then A's purpose is to living(B);B's purpose is survival(C);C's purpose is to (D)provide basic needs(Eating,drinking,sleeping,etc.). ..and so on.

If life accomplished the goal to live it is not wasted.Even if the purpose of living accomplished survival it is not wasted. . And so on.

Since life's opposite meaning is death(%)
then A-B=%

If life doesn't accomplish its goal of living,then it is the same as death.That's the only time it will be wasted.

I hope you get my point :)
induced

Con

induced forfeited this round.
ameyav

Pro

ameyav forfeited this round.
induced

Con

induced forfeited this round.