ItsNasty
vardas0antras

There is/was a god

vardas0antras

ItsNasty

Pro

Let me explain a little more. There was a God in the past, but God is able to die , if you accept then you can argue that god exists or doesn't.

definition: God the superior being, the one who created the earth etc.

arguments: Evidence of there being a God(s) are everywhere. in ancient Rome, they have monuments to the God(s), they worshipped God (back then it was to Gods) and had wars over who was better. In The abrahamic faiths ( judaism, Christianity, Islam) all started with God telling Abraham to kill his son, than God or a Archangel (depends on your religion) tells Abraham to stop. More Religions revolved around God(s), it was thousands of years ago that this happened, maybe God can die.
vardas0antras

Con

Thank you for the debate and without further ado lets dive in.

Content:
Observations
Requests

Observations
1.My opponent is telling me that God is able to die... This indeed needs a lot of explanation. However if I understand correctly (due to unclear writing I may not) then I'll just have to accept this.
2.My opponent is asserting that

" in ancient Rome, they have monuments to the God(s), they worshipped God (back then it was to Gods) and had wars over who was better"

is evidence for God. This is proof that many people believe in a deity or in many superior beings but in no way is this evidence for God. Please prove to me that God exists ; if you don't then how can you prove that God died?

3." it was thousands of years ago that this happened, maybe God can die" How is Gods absence his death? Also how can you know that he is absent? It is said that God works every day and as you can see in the video:

This could be untrue but if we are to assume that God exists (something you must prove) then this video is proof of his work. If God exists and this is untrue and this was not Gods work then I still am the only one with evidence on my side. Wherefore God is not absent.

Requests
1.Be more clear in the next round.

Thank you,
V0Antras
ItsNasty

Pro

i thank my opponent for seeing how one can get confused on my wording.

let me rephrase, If god existed in the past than he does not exist in the present. God was alive thousands of years ago but is able to die/and did die.

i was using the rome monuments and examples of how God talked to people as a example that shows that God was indeed there at those times, But now nothing is happening, We hear no word from God or no miracle happening, During times of need and people struggling or dying, God was nowhere. examples (The Holocaust, War(s) that are happening now, people struggling to survive).

Now, The bible(or any other religious book) says all that God did that was amazing and miracles. Now, That topic is also debatable because it can either be just teaching morals or it actually did happen. But we see no miracles now, people from Africa are dying each day, no miracle happening. The war of North Korea and south, which if triggered it could be turned into world War III, if this happens the economy will go down, countries would have to choose sides and probably have the worst body count. We dont see God or a miracle telling people to be peaceful, God died, thats why we see no miracles.
vardas0antras

Con

Thank you for this debate and I hope this ain't the last debate we will have.

Introduction:
My opponent is trying to argue that:
1. God exists
2. God can die
3. God has died
Hence, God is dead.

Arguments:
1.God exists
How can something which doesn't exist die? It can't hence my opponent must prove that God exist.
No my opponent does attempt to do this however please notice that he only succeeds to prove that people believed in God and not that he exists.

"i was using the rome monuments and examples of how God talked to people as a example that shows that God was indeed there at those times, But now nothing is happening"

If the Romans Gods existed Rome would have too existed. Rome is dead. Hence, Roman Gods never existed. This means that monuments and census does not prove the existence of a God or many Gods.

2. God can die
Again this has to be proved by my opponent. How can God die ? Lets take the Christian God ; he is infinite and omnipotent. Now if you can add 2 plus 2, you know that the Christian God cannot die.

3. God has died.
First: Absence does not equal death.
Second: Look at the video in round 1 and my reasons behind it.
Finally: If you have read the Bible you would know that in the Biblical times it appeared like God was absent. For example lets take Jesus, he for the first 30 years lived like a normal human being and only then did he perform miracles in few cities located in Israel. Outside of Israel he was unknown:
http://pakalert.files.wordpress.com...

Thank you for this debate,
ItsNasty

Pro

ItsNasty forfeited this round.
vardas0antras

Con

Thank you for the debate.

Now please vote Con
Posted by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
This is very sad on the part of Pro.
Posted by Shtookah 6 years ago
Shtookah
What is this debate even about????
Vote Placed by m93samman 6 years ago
m93samman
ItsNastyvardas0antrasTied