jkyrocks123
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

There should be 100% no tollerance for un-prescribed drugs

Started: 11/11/2015 Category: Economics

jkyrocks123

Pro

First round is for acceptance.
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

smoke 'em if u got 'em
jkyrocks123

Pro

Ok so first of all i would like to apologize for the typo.

So drug were highly enforced for a reason. People think its only effecting them but its not. It puts others in the line of danger. People do some unspeakable things when intoxicated. Sometimes to other people. This is why there were so strongly enforced. So for the sake of other people drugs should be 100% not tolerated.
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

Drugs are awesome. Let me tell you, when I smoke a joint, the last thing I want to do is go out and hurt somebody. All I want to do is play video games until I pass out. The bottom line is this. It's my body. I own my body, and I and I alone will determine what goes in it. You want to tell me how to live? You want to control my life? That's messed up. Why don't you focus on your own life instead of telling other people how to live?
jkyrocks123

Pro

Now let me ask you. While you high are you even in full control of your thoughts and body? You may think you are but everyone that has smoked what you smoke say that barely have control or their body and thoughts. So what if one night you smoke a joint get high then have no idea what your doing. Get in your car and plan in your warped up high mind to drive somewhere. You dont even know where cause your high. But then you become a threat and danger to EVERYONE on the road. Does that sound like a good idea? No! And if you somehow find a way to keep yourself in your own home while high then do that whatever i dont care. If u want to destroy your own body then i dont care. But, when drugs put other innocent people in harms way, which it does ALOT of the time, then the US need to put a 100% no tolerane on illegal drugs law. No marajuana, No dope, No heroin, no drugs!! People can live their lives without drugs. The people who think they cant are just selfish and dont care about other peoples lives that may be effected.
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

Really? I wasn't aware that everyone who smoked weed had spoken on this topic. Where exactly did the billion + pot smokers make this pronouncement? Frankly I think you need to smoke some ganja and chill out. Look, drugs can be mind expanding. Now I'm not going to say that some people don't have problems with drugs. Absolutely, there can be abuse. And legal drugs are not exactly benign either. I've known alcoholics and chain smokers a plenty, all ravaging their bodies with their drug addictions. And have I ever been tripping balls so badly that I didn't know what's what and wasn't in complete control of my thoughts? Yah, that's kind of the point. But let's not pretend that just because you get high you're all of a sudden a menace to society. That's not how it works. There are some drugs and some dosages of some drugs that may provoke psychotic reactions, but they are few and far between. Many drugs are useful for examination of your psyche and personal or spiritual growth. Some are just plain fun. But stay away from 2C-B. I took some of that stuff, thought my leg was riddled with worms and rushed shirtless in a cab to the emergency room where I demanded the x-ray it.
jkyrocks123

Pro

Well all i can say as of now is it is all up to the votes. The votes will decide it all.
However my last and final point is, you said it yourself. There are times when you dont have control or your mind when your high. So let me ask you what are you going to do when you finnaly sober up and you in jail because you were high and got out of you house and hurt someone on the street huh? And it all because you though it was "fun" to be high or it "opens your mind". Because while your in that " other universe" what are your really doing in real life. I think not.

So my point is in America we dont take precautions if we know what can possibly happen.

You may think it only effects you but it effects others around you.

Also another thing that just came to mind is where are people getting those joints. I kniw stores dont sell them. The only way most people get them is illegaly though drug deals which brings drugs to the streets. Therefore putting others in harms way.
ZakYoungTheLibertarian

Con

Jail. You really think that you have the right to lock me in a cage because I experiment with my own body? In 'On liberty' John Stuart Mill enunciated the 'harm principle' saying the only reason power can be exercised over a member of the community is so that harm dose not come to the community. It is not the role of the state to try to make us perfect people. Lots of people do things which may hurt themselves. Fat people eat sugary snacks. People smoke cigarettes, drink booze, are sedentary, etc. etc. That's their choice. The government should only be involved if someone is committing aggression against someone else. I have been out of my mind high so many times in my life, and I have NEVER hurt anyone else. As for the violence which surrounds the drug trade, this is a child of prohibition, so really the blame is to be laid at your feet and at the feet of drug prohibitionists everywhere.

So chill out, smoke a joint, and stop trying to control other people's lives.

Peace.
Posted by Jonbonbon 1 year ago
Jonbonbon
What about over the counter drugs that don't require a prescription? Seems a little harsh to take down an allergenic teen who's just popping a clariten for the day.
Posted by ZakYoungTheLibertarian 1 year ago
ZakYoungTheLibertarian
ah the less common double l spelling of 'tolerance'