Drashti05
Japperpo

There should be a youth parliament in every state

Drashti05

Pro

Young leaders will be able to understand the thinking of the youths . They will frame the bills according to it . This will help solve many problems . Young leaders can help build a better nation. It's like to catch a thief you have to think like a thief so the leaders of youth parliament will do the same thing . They will try to make laws which are beneficial to nation as well as to the youths. Won't it be a great idea to ease the load of government as well as to ease the functioning of nation?
Japperpo

Con

I don't think there should be a youth parliament.

Young people (under 16, like myself) can't always form an opinion that well, they are often influenced by others when forming one and can easily be persuaded.

Adult MP's have had a political career, have more experience and thus are better at knowing what they're doing and how it will affect others.

I therefore think that there can be a youth parliament but it should be only for "entertainment" purposes rather than any political issues, also it shouldn't have political powers like regular parliament such as the ability to create laws e.g.
Drashti05

Pro

First of all m sorry to say but I think u have not fully understood my subject . I said that there should be a youth parliament in every state , I didn't say that youth parliament should takeover the present government . What I meant was that along with the current government which consist of " ADULT MP's " there should also be a youth parliament which represent the youth.
Point 2 the people aged from 15 to 24 are considered youth . So we can have qualifying age like only youth above 18 can stand as a candidate for youth parliament .
In this way the question that they won't be able to make decision will be absurd as youth above 18 get the right to vote !!.
On a fundamental level it is clear that youth have the best understanding of the realities of their own lives (wheth- er it is education, health or the challenges associated with finding a decent job) and as such have much to offer policy makers. De- signing a youth policy involving young people themselves stands a much greater chance of success.
By involving and empowering youth through the political process, young people develop important skills and improve self-confidence. They also gain a greater understanding of human rights and governance that is important in both newly formed and well-established democracies.
When youth and youth organisations are not consulted in the policy-making process, their needs are likely to be ignored or insufficiently addressed. With regards to the employment issue, there are several cases in which fail- ure to seek youth input has resulted in seri- ous consequences, as most recently seen in France. The case of Contract Premiere Embouche (CPE) (First Employment Contract) in early 2006. Focusing on young people under the age of 26, this law made it easier for employers to hire youth on short-term contracts, while simultaneously allowing them to terminate these contracts without notice within the first two years of employment.
This law sparked nation-wide protests and strikes; students from high schools and universities forged alliances with the trade union movement and other social groups and took to the streets of major cities; and in some instances, violence erupted. Their grievances centred on a perception that the government rushed the policy through without adequate consultation with its intended beneficia- ries - youth themselves.
Also if youth involvement would not have been important than Europea
Japperpo

Con

Japperpo forfeited this round.
Drashti05

Pro

Drashti05 forfeited this round.
Japperpo

Con

Japperpo forfeited this round.
Posted by Drashti05 2 years ago
Drashti05
I m sorry my friends due to technical problem I could not finish my last line of the argument .