Vortex-Blue123
criticalthought

There should be death penalty for murderers.

Vortex-Blue123

Vortex-Blue123

Con

Lately I have seen a lot of people thinking that the death penalty is a good idea for murders. I am opposed to this.

I ask that round one is accepting and maybe a starting line or two. Please can you cite any used sources (or give credit to them at the end of your argument), if any are used, besides to check up on prior knowledge.

Thanks, and good luck.
criticalthought

Pro

I agree with the Death Penalty. Murderers should face Death if they take someone's life. Take a life,lose your life.
Vortex-Blue123

Con

A death penalty is wrong, If we are sticking to morals, for starters, that each murderer must be murdered in return are we not making murderers of innocent people? That one person who is sentencing the criminal to death, they would be doing their job but to put it in perspective they are, to an extent, a murderer. That one person arranging the death is, also now a murderer and that person hired to do that job is now, predictably, a murderer. You may fight that they are doing their job but so are assassins and hit men, they are doing their job yet they would, without doubt, still count for a death penalty.
"The death penalty is murder by the government. As a nation, we have prided ourselves in our government, its justice and truth. However, can we continue to call our government fair if we do not hold it to the same rules we do its people? Murder by a citizen will have consequences, yet a government-approved "murder is not only acceptable, but enforceable. What message do we send the American people, and other countries, for that matter, if we continue to be a "nation that kills its citizens, a nation that enforces the most barbaric form of punishment?" [as stated by teen ink http://www.teenink.com... paragraph 5]

If an individual is murdered, even for death penalty, it is not going to remain unknown. If we are raising children to a law that tells us that death is the best 'revenge' for death is it not possible come to believe that one turn deserves another? Does this not make it possible that if a child starts being violent to another they'd believe that violence is perfectly ok for that situation? Could that not lead to that child growing up to believe a lost life for a lost life is a worthy moral? Let's say his or her sister was murdered, is there not the chance that this person will see fit to kill the murderers sister? We now have 2 murderers in need of taking care of. By applying the death penalty we are ensuring murderers that would not have been if humane morals and laws were put in place.
criticalthought

Pro

criticalthought forfeited this round.
Vortex-Blue123

Con

As my opponent has not given either a statement or a rebuttal in the last round I feel I do not need to do so.
criticalthought

Pro

criticalthought forfeited this round.
Vortex-Blue123

Con

I believe the death penalty is a cruel and inhumane decision and will result in more, not less, murders and murderers including the government. I am not saying we should let these killers roam free but that we should give them a punishment that is reversible if the presumed killer is the wrong person such as a lifetime sentence and community service. Remember, if a person is framed or wrongly accused we have, therefore, killed an innocent life we can not get back. If we are giving such a punishment as a lifetime sentence the wrong accused can walk out and get their life back, pretty much, unharmed.

I would like to thank the opponent although I was hoping to see an argument from you. Hopefully I might see on in this final round.

Thank you to all those reading this and whom are going to vote and, please, if I have convinced you the death penalty is wrong vote con!!!
criticalthought

Pro

criticalthought forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Vortex-Blue123criticalthoughtTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to uphold the BOP or provide a single argument. Forfeiture
Vote Placed by Midnight1131 2 years ago
Midnight1131
Vortex-Blue123criticalthoughtTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited the entire debate, so conduct to Con. Arguments to Con because Con provided them, Pro did not, and Pro didn't refute any of Con's arguments. Con was the only one to use sources.
Vote Placed by Numidious 2 years ago
Numidious
Vortex-Blue123criticalthoughtTied