Maat
Kaynex

There should be little gun control in the U.S.

Maat

Pro

I will be debating that there should be little gun control with Kaynex. He has many debates about this topic and I wanted to hear his thoughts. I do not actually think that there should be little gun control, or at least yet. And that is why I want to hear people's opinions, such as Kaynex, and forcefully put myself against it.

Guidelines

1) All common guidelines must be followed; No plagiarism, debate must be taken seriously, etc.

2) No semantics. If you are unsure about a word, do not accept the debate and make your own definition. Ask.

3) Sources must be proven reliable.

4) If my opponent chooses to accept, he must agree that BoP is on him. Therefore, he will be presenting contentions in favor of gun control in the U.S., while I refute his contentions, and it keeps going on.

My opponent should remember that if he accepts, then later on fails to follow the definition and/or a guideline/guidelines and says that he was not aware of it, I will use his acceptance against him; If he accepts, he must agree with all.

Definitions

Gun control -

"Regulation restricting or limiting the sale and possession of handguns and rifles in an effort to reduce violent crime."[1]

[1] http://dictionary.search.yahoo.com...=

Kaynex

Con

Hello Maat! I am honoured that you want to hear my opinion on the subject, thank you for the challenge.

As always, this is a subject that is close to me, and I choose to debate it on a site that seems to have lots of support for gun rights.
Maat

Pro

Maat forfeited this round.
Kaynex

Con

Honestly, if you've seen my most recent debate, then it will closely resemble that. The US has about twice as many guns per person as the 2nd place country, but a murder rate 3 times as high. The US is one of the highest murder rate / crime rate first world countries. The US sticks out like a sore thumb on a guns to murder rate graph.

The other point is that guns do not make you safer. If a gun fires and hits someone, it is 55% likely to be a suicide, 10% likely to be an accident, and 35% likely to be intentional. Owning a gun makes you less safe, and this is the opposite gun-rights people push for.

Finally, if someone came to kill you, a gun would not protect you, given that they have one as well. They would fire first, and only need to fire once, Period. Your only chance of survival is if nobody has guns.
Maat

Pro

Maat forfeited this round.
Kaynex

Con

Kaynex forfeited this round.
Maat

Pro

Maat forfeited this round.
Kaynex

Con

Yay debate.
Maat

Pro

Maat forfeited this round.
Kaynex

Con

Fair enough, debate's over I guess.