devildog3024
Logical-Master

There should be more benefits for military service members

Logical-Master

devildog3024

Pro

Military members benefits are finally starting to increase. But they could use a few extras and for very valid reasons.

In my debate I will not only prove but show you why you too should agree.

Example: Most states you still have to pay registration fee to register your vehicle. I am a Michigan resident but while stationed in North Carolina I paid for a Michigan vehicle registration, yet I drove my vehicle on Michigan for 1 week every year or two. Keep in mind I am still totally willing to register my vehicle to show proper insurance, it is just a pain to do certain things as well when you are only home for so long.
Logical-Master

Con

Greetings to my opponent and many thanks for starting this debate. Since we have plenty of rounds to actually debate, I'm going to begin this round with some good old fashioned cross examination:

===============
CROSS-EXAMINATION |
===============

1) Would you be so kind as to provide with a current up to date list of US Military benefits (as in the ones you currently have)?

And what do you know? That's actually my only question. Go figure. Till next round. :D
devildog3024

Pro

devildog3024 forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

Forfeits aren't fun. Extend questioning.
devildog3024

Pro

devildog3024 forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

Since this is probably going to be a forfeit, guess I'll just slop up some argument anyway.

First, I'd like to point out that nothing in my opponent's first round supports his argument. Esentially, all his example boils down to is that registering in two different states is a pain in the butt, thus, there should be more benefits for military service members. First, this is merely alluding to ONE benefit. Second,the intent of my questioning was going to be whether or not I could find a benefit that wasn't necessary and perhaps see just what kind of benefits the military service members could do without it. Essentially, I was going to argue that the superfluous benefit(s) be traded out in favor of the benefit my opponent was alluding to.

Seeing as he has forfeited his 2nd and 3rd round, I'm simply going to continue with adhering to the idea that nothing my opponent says leads us to agree with the topic. Just because part of being a soldier is a nuisance for him, that doesn't mean there should be more benefits. In fact, given the current economic conditions our country is facing, more benefits should be out of the question for the time being. I'll expound on this in the next round (in case my opponent or anyone else has a problem) and extend my questioning.
devildog3024

Pro

devildog3024 forfeited this round.
Logical-Master

Con

Actually, there's really not much I feel like saying right now. Pretty crappy debate on my part, but that beats forfeiting 3 rounds I guess. Since my opponent hasn't objected to the economy being in a state which cannot afford to be focusing on extra military financing, you are to see this as true. Oh yeah, and you can vote based on Burden of proof too (PRO having not fulfilled it) if you want.

Anyways, VOTE CON
Posted by Danielle 7 years ago
Danielle
Please specify some more of the benefits you're talking about, and I'd gladly take this debate.
Vote Placed by mongoose 7 years ago
mongoose
devildog3024Logical-MasterTied
Vote Placed by Logical-Master 7 years ago
Logical-Master
devildog3024Logical-MasterTied