Haelee16
Brenavia

There should not be a age limit to get a tattoo!

Brenavia

Haelee16

Pro

I do not think that there should be an age limit on getting a tattoo.I believe that it is a decision that could be made at any age!It is known for minors to see and want a tattoo, usually from their associates getting one, even with asking a legal gaurdian some do it anyways.I would know from first-hand experience!
Brenavia

Con

In this debate I will be arguing as the Con, by negating the following resolution: "There should not be a age limit to get a tattoo!". I will be arguing that there should be an age limit to acquire tattoo, which according to Dictionary.com, is "the act or practice of marking the skin with indelible patterns, pictures, legends, etc., by making punctures in it and inserting pigments". An age limit is defined as, according to Dictionary.com once again, "regulation establishing the maximum age for doing something or holding some position". I would like to ask my opponent to clarify her definition of age limit, for according to the official definition there should be an age in which senior citizens can not get a tattoo. I'm assuming, based on the first argument posted, that the Pro wants the to be a lower age requirement to acquire a tattoo. If Pro does not clarify, we will be debating whether or not a 70 year old can get a tattoo or not.

I await my opponent's response and I am looked forward to a productive, albeit interesting debate.

http://dictionary.reference.com...
http://dictionary.reference.com...
Haelee16

Pro

Haelee16 forfeited this round.
Brenavia

Con

I ask that the voters please excuse my opponent for missing her argument. Missing your arguments is a very easy mistake to make, especially for one on their second debate. I support my definitions and look forward to the next speech from my opponent.
Haelee16

Pro

Haelee16 forfeited this round.
Brenavia

Con

Obviously my opponent was not prepared for this debate. For all the reasons listed, I urge the voters to consider a Con vote.
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 5 years ago
RoyLatham
Haelee16BrenaviaTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro made no argument and forfeited. Pro had the burden of proof, so failing to argue loses. Understand that had Pro made even a weak argument Con would have lost for failing to refute it. When an opponent forfeits, make sure you have a thorough refutation standing.