chispaUSA
Speechers

There should not be guns in the United States of America

Speechers

chispaUSA

Pro

there should be guns in the United States of America VS. there should not be guns in the United States of America
Speechers

Con

If there were no guns we wouldn't be able to protect ourselves. I want to feel protected when I'm walking around town. Also how would gun makers be able to make money. Taking away guns is like taking away a way of life. That's it for now.
chispaUSA

Pro

the 2nd amendment says," A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."not to protect a free person. if guns were allowed in the US there wold be a higher crime rate.Most people get hut by guns if the own them.
A 5-year-old girl died after she accidentally shot herself with her father's gun while he was in the shower, apparently getting ready for an outing with his children.

Investigators say Haley Moore got a hold of her dad's gun, which had been left unsecured on a table.

Joy Ursin, a neighbor of the family said she considered that fact unusual, because, she said the father, a military veteran, was known to be conscious of gun safety.

"He would tell them about the dangers and he had this thing about safety," she said. "He did not want them to be ignorant of the fact that they can harm you."

Ursin said Haley Moore was spunky, and full of life. "She loved to have fun." Ursin said another sibling told her that the family was planning to go see a movie Saturday.

Officers who responded to the scene said things always take on an urgency when a child is involved.

"The first thing that goes through your mind is that it"s a child and you want to do everything you can to help that child get through this ordeal," said Lt. Greg Baker with the St. John the Baptist Sheriff"s Office.

But after being rushed to the hospital, Moore died.

"That"s a tragedy, there"s no other way to put anything like that" said neighbor John Tracy.
Speechers

Con

You have a point but it was the fathers fault that she got hold of the gun. Had he put it in a safe spot that would not have happened. I think, though, that he should not have had it out on the kitchen. People with young kids should know better then to leave stuff like that out!
chispaUSA

Pro

Scene it's the fathers fault if we ban guns all together that will not be a problem!
Speechers

Con

THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT! What I meant is he should have been more careful. I don't understand why he put the gun in the kitchen in the first place. You should never have a gun in a kitchen. If everyone did that then yes we should ban guns but it was the one time. If you could have come up with more then one example then I would agree with you.
Posted by whiteflame 1 year ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: dsjpk5// Mod action: NOT Removed<

3 points to Con (Arguments). Reasons for voting decision:

[*Reason for non-removal*] The voter is not required to provide an RFD on this debate.
************************************************************************
Posted by Speechers 1 year ago
Speechers
Time to start voting!!!!!!!
Posted by RussellMania741 1 year ago
RussellMania741
Even if guns were banned in America, it would only disarm the law abiding citizen because criminals would not give up their guns. Gun manufactures would go under ground. The US also tried to ban alcohol and just look at how that turned out.
Posted by chispaUSA 1 year ago
chispaUSA
to protect a free state includes profession
Posted by Speechers 1 year ago
Speechers
That's what I want
Posted by Jbgisboss 1 year ago
Jbgisboss
We need guns in America so the cops can protect them selves against criminals
Posted by Speechers 1 year ago
Speechers
Well I feel better protected when I have a gun.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
I just missed my chance to accept this debate. Dang!
Posted by What50 1 year ago
What50
I better defend myself using a stick while the criminal who got his gun illegaly use his gun.
Posted by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
So are you saying we should ban all guns in America?
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
chispaUSASpeechersTied