d6410
i_heart_minecraft

There some is racism against whites

i_heart_minecraft

d6410

Pro

Ever since the near disappearance of racism of minorities (which was good). There is now racism against whites. Even if just a little, and people would call me racist just for saying that. I believe that racism against whites has developed and is in our society today.
i_heart_minecraft

Con

I accept your debate and will wait to debate until Round 2 so that Pro may make his point first.
d6410

Pro

While there is still some racism to minorities today, racism against whites is rising. I'm not a white supremacists or a skin head. But here's the thing, I say I'm proud to be white, I'm called racist. A black man says he's proud to be back, he's fine. A white person says the "n" word, he's racist. A black man says the "n" word, it's totally normal. When in reality nobody should be saying that word. You can pretty much get away with any racial comment if you're a black and maybe hispanic. But if you're white even the slightest comment will get people screaming at you that you're a bigot minority hater.

The stereotype of whites as racist has real and negative consequences for its targets. This has been shown in a recent study by psychologist Phil Goff and colleagues. The researchers conducted a study in which they had white participants arrange three chairs so that they could have a conversation with two black partners about a racially sensitive topic-- here, racial profiling. The findings showed that the more that participants were worried about confirming the white racist stereotype, the greater distance they put between themselves and their partners when arranging the chairs. Thus their anxiety about seeming prejudiced caused them to distance themselves from a person of a different race. Other research suggests that concerns about appearing prejudiced take up so much mental energy among whites that their social skills become impaired during intergroup interactions.

http://www.psychologytoday.com...
i_heart_minecraft

Con

I would like to start my argument by defining racism. Racism is defined as defined as a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others [1]. Let's break this down. Racism is when two or more cultures (Caucasians and African Americans) come together and one believes they are superior to the other. African Americans suffered through this for a LONG time. Nearly two centuries of slavery in and out of America and decades of being discriminated against. Caucasians have nothing on what African Americans suffered.

In the opening argument Pro stated that racism against minorities had nearly disappeared. I disagree however. For nearly forty years, Wilcox County High-School in Georgia has allowed parents to host separate "Black and White" proms [2]. Thats FORTY years after all schools in America desegregated! Racism is still more than present in America, especially the Southern states. Racial profiling is still more than around as well. Trayvon Martin ring a bell?

I await my opponents response. (For the record I am Caucasian)

[1] http://dictionary.reference.com...
[2] http://www.cnn.com...
d6410

Pro

You made some valid points, but I was also going to bring up the Trayvon Martin case. If the crime was black on hispanic, black on white, or black on black it would've never made the news. It wouldn't have been an issue and wouldn't have gotten any attention.

Anti-white racism pervades his administration. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. has refused to prosecute members of the New Black Panthers for intimidating white voters at a polling booth in Philadelphia. Mr. Holder has ordered the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division not to investigate crimes perpetrated by blacks against white victims. If this is not a racial double standard, then I don't know what is.

Because in our society today, you can't be prejudice towards a white person, you say whatever you want about it and it's always a joke. And it's not the same the other say around. Now there are scholarships based solely on race, favoring hispanics or blacks.

UT has used every trick it could think of to get more blacks and Hispanics into its flagship campus at Austin. At first, it didn"t even need tricks. It openly gave non-whites extra consideration, which meant they got in with much worse grades and test scores than whites.

UT immediately started paying attention to other things. It invented something called a "Personal Achievement Index" (PAI) that gave applicants extra credit for being poor, growing up without a father, and speaking a language other than English at home"but no points for race. It was a transparent effort to get race in through the back door, but it didn"t work very well. An annoying number of white students got high PAI scores.

While laws were passed to stop the discrimination UT still wanted it, another law was created so prevent this from happening again.

http://www.amren.com...

Fleming said high-scoring white applicants are added to lists of qualified candidates who must compete for a nomination from a member of Congress. But almost every nonwhite applicant is deemed "qualified," even with lower grades or test scores " and not added to a list to compete for a nomination.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com...
i_heart_minecraft

Con

For my final argument I will address the points that Pro made in his final argument.

"If the crime was black on hispanic, black on white, or black on black it would've never made the news. It wouldn't have been an issue and wouldn't have gotten any attention."

While I feel that you are correct in saying if it had between African Americans or Hispanics it wouldn't have made the news, it did make the news because George Zimmerman used racial profiling to call Trayvon Martin a "suspicious" person and run him down and kill the teenager. That's why it made the news. It would have made the news even if an African American ran down and killed a Caucasian kid.

"Anti-white racism pervades his administration. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. has refused to prosecute members of the New Black Panthers for intimidating white voters at a polling booth in Philadelphia. Mr. Holder has ordered the Justice Department's Civil Rights Division not to investigate crimes perpetrated by blacks against white victims. If this is not a racial double standard, then I don't know what is."

I will admit this is wrong and something needs to be done about this, but these are extremists. They do not represent the general populace. That's like calling all Muslims terrorists after 911.

"UT has used every trick it could think of to get more blacks and Hispanics into its flagship campus at Austin. At first, it didn"t even need tricks. It openly gave non-whites extra consideration, which meant they got in with much worse grades and test scores than whites.

While laws were passed to stop the discrimination UT still wanted it, another law was created so prevent this from happening again."

This is literally copy pasted from my opponents first source.

"Fleming said high-scoring white applicants are added to lists of qualified candidates who must compete for a nomination from a member of Congress. But almost every nonwhite applicant is deemed "qualified," even with lower grades or test scores " and not added to a list to compete for a nomination."

This is copy pasted from his next source.

I thought this was an interesting and fun topic to debate. I wish my opponent had not gotten lazy in his last arguments, but nevertheless I would like to thank him for his time, and to the voters for reading this debate.
Posted by anonymouse 3 years ago
anonymouse
some racism against whites. a whole lot of racism against everyone else.
Posted by i_heart_minecraft 3 years ago
i_heart_minecraft
Nahhhhhhh lol
Posted by Flipbook 3 years ago
Flipbook
I probably heart minecraft more than i_heart_minecraft does!
Posted by i_heart_minecraft 3 years ago
i_heart_minecraft
It's still not cool when you try to pass it off as your own. You should have just quoted it and it would have been fine.
Posted by d6410 3 years ago
d6410
@i_heart_minecrfat
This is a debate, not a college essay. You kind of need to get over it
Posted by i_heart_minecraft 3 years ago
i_heart_minecraft
Well that is plagiary so...
Posted by d6410 3 years ago
d6410
Sorry for the misunderstanding but that message was meant for the Contender, not you
Posted by ChaosAgape 3 years ago
ChaosAgape
Did I say that it bothers me. I meant that it doesnt. Sorry about that.
Posted by d6410 3 years ago
d6410
Why does it bother you so much. We each have different ways of debating, and no I don't have all day to sit here and reword each paragraph.
Posted by ChaosAgape 3 years ago
ChaosAgape
D6140, I will have to agree with you. But I believe that you should have spun it in this fashion. Reverse racism. You are absolutely right, and white people have kind of made it that way too. But it is not white peoples fault though. It is natural to stick with your race. Human basic nature and instinct. The primal instincts. I am black and I agree that the racism has turned towards white people, (racism still exist for blacks and any other race too) but it is only this way toward white people in a public sense. That is how I see it. Just like you said. It wouldnt have even been something to talk about if it wasnt a white cop (or ex cop whatever he was) and a black kid. What I mean by in a public sense is media influenced, how whites are viewed publicly. How there are so many in the movies and so few other races in movies, and this goes for everything thing else that is or can be seen as something public. Music, Shows, Politics, News. I dont necessarily care about it, and it doesnt bother me. I see the world for the way it is and the way it will one day be. With as many interracial relationship on the rise like it is, race wont even be an issue in the next 50 to 100 or so years, because we will all be the same color pigmentation. Race will then only exist as a lineage type of thing then.
Vote Placed by Flipbook 3 years ago
Flipbook
d6410i_heart_minecraftTied
Reasons for voting decision: I agree with pro, but con had professionalism, his points were better, Sources goes to con because he knocked off Pro's sources