There's nothing wrong or no cons with religion(s)

mall has forfeited round #4.

So the statement is made that there are absolutely no cons, downsides , negatives and or disadvantages with being involved in a denominational or non-denominational religion in logical consideration.

Please anyone come forward and present cases that appear to show somethings that are wrong to any given practice or adherence to a religion or just pure personal beliefs . It can be arguments to show the possible flaws and faults in a belief or having or adopting a particular belief or another.

Pro takes a high burden: that there is absolutely no negatives with being involved in all religous groups. This means if I can show just one counterexample to this statement I have fufiled my burden of refutation, thereby winning the debate. Keeping this in mind, I will use three examples where religion has a negative effect on its members and non-members that religion may target. Seeing that Pro didn't really make an argument, I will make short and sucinct arguments in this round for each of my examples.

1) Order of Nine Angles

This is a cult that praises Satan, encourages and participates in human sacrifice, and embraces Nazism. Terrifying stuff, really.

2) Militant Islam (Islamism)

This religion has lead to many deaths, including, but not limited to deaths from:
-The Six-Day War
-The Persian Gulf War
-The creation of the Taliban
-Terrorist attacks

3) Hasidic Judiasm

This denomination is responsible for many Pallistinians untimely death. The Head Rabbi, Dov Lior, has been quoted to say, "A thousand non-Jewish lives are not worth a Jews fingernail."

I would ask that Pro refrain from using the "No True Scotsman" fallacy in his argument, otherwise Pro's argument may be rendered irrelevant.

Thank you for accepting the discussion. However an error has been made in the debate topic , wording and argument . The discussion is hereby cancelled . No further responses are necessary . This topic will be revised .

Seeing the Con concedes to my argument and admits his statement was flawed, I ask to vote Con.

The debate is cancelled . I can re-represent the argument and clear up the ERRORS in the particular WORDING that was used and start over with the similar premise . I did not make any rebuttals. Nothing was disproved on either side . This does not mean one side has been validated by admitting an error of wording from the other side after starting a challenge. Please leave it at this and again no further responses are allowed. This is it . I kindly ask the con's side to message pro on any feedback needed to be put out , much obliged .

If the debate is cancelled, I'd ask voters to vote for Con, as Pro did not bring any arguments forward. I'd also ask that they take into account conduct when Pro decided to cancel the debate without contacting or notifing Con. Please send me the revised debate challenge, I really wanted to debate this topic with you.

Vote Con.
Posted by David_Debates 2 months ago
Thank you!
Posted by AliHussein 2 months ago
Strong argument by Con !
Posted by mall 2 months ago
For more bigger debates and discussion please check out, latest info: email jtalkstothepeole at
Posted by David_Debates 2 months ago
I'm sure it is, vi_spex. I'm sure it is.
Posted by vi_spex 2 months ago
religion is war by disbelief
Posted by David_Debates 2 months ago
I'd argue that certain religions do, without a doubt, that's why I'm arguing for Con. But many are peaceful, wouldn't you agree?
Posted by missmedic 2 months ago
People have slaughtered each other in wars, pogroms, genocides, inquisitions, crusades, and political actions for centuries and still kill each other over beliefs in ideologies, politics, philosophies, and religion (and usually a combination of several reasons). These belief-systems, when stated as propositions, may appear mystical or genuine to the naive, but when confronted with a testable bases from reason and experiment, they fail miserably. I maintain that faiths (types of beliefs) create more social problems than they solve and the potential dangers from them could threaten the future of humankind.