Soleydi23
PrincessPervert

They should not teach homosexual sex in public school as if its natural

Soleydi23

Pro

On the news they were speaking on public school teaching kindergarten and pre-k students about gay marriage and that it is normal for two men or two women to be together. In middle school and high school they will be teaching them in health class about sex and how to protect yourself which is normal but now they will be adding how to have sex with a male if you are a male and how to have sex with a female if you are a female which they shouldn't i believe because it is unnatural and i feel if you can't talk about god in school and that its something that should be taught at home than i think this topic as well should be taught at home. I believe this is a very sensitive topic that should be had by the child and parent. I also believe the school system shouldn't have the right to tell students anything they feel about certain things being natural especially without parent consent.
PrincessPervert

Con

I'm happy to accept this challenge!
I think that, far from being thought of as unnatural, we should absolutely be teaching children homosexuality in the same light as heterosexual relationships. What you are saying here about it being a sensitive topic seems strange, if you consider teaching children about heterosexual sex to be normal.
The way I see it, homo- and heterosexual relationships need to both be seen as normal options, rather than one being normal, and one being something "strange" and different. If we start teaching children about homosexuality in schools, this allows it to become more of a normal thing. It is important to let people know that both are acceptable, and both are things which they are allowed to do.
If only heterosexual sex is taught, then children have little knowledge of homosexuality. This makes it harder for people to "come out", as it is seen as being abnormal.
Also, consider children whose parents are opposed to homosexuality: in this scenario, they would have nowhere to learn about themselves, and that isn't fair. If everyone is taught this, then people won't be seen as "different" for wanting to find out.
There needs to be more equality between gay and straight people, and homosexuality shouldn't be abnormal. Of course, I understand that some people do have issues that are genuinely because of their religion, but in that instance, they should be excused from the class, if they really don't wish to participate. That is a better way of doing things than not having the class at all!
Soleydi23

Pro

I totally get where your coming from but due to many peoples religion this causes a big issue i thinks it is better for this issue to be taught at home being that this brings so much controversy or at least for parent to know that this is being taught and choose if it is okay for there kids to learn this information.
PrincessPervert

Con

I see what you mean as far as it being a sensitive topic is concerned. However, I feel as though it should be available to everyone, with the option to not attend the classes, rather than it being made something which parents must teach, rather than the school.
It is a controversial issue, and people may not wish to partake in lessons due to their religion, but for others who do want to learn these things, it is important that they are able to do so, and therefore the lessons should at least be available: it is better to have them, even if some members of the class choose not to go to the lessons. If it is offensive to their religion, or they have strong feelings against it, then absolutely, it should not be forced upon them, but if they do not want to attend, they don't have to.
As well, as I said, there are parents who are opposed, but their children are not: if we leave it as something that parents must teach, then there will be children who do want to know these things, but don't have access to the information. At the very least, there should be classes, should they wish to attend.
Soleydi23

Pro

Soleydi23 forfeited this round.
PrincessPervert

Con

To extend what I've said before, simply having things taught at school isn't going to harm anyone. Peter Gilmore said in the Satanic Scriptures that "Allowing same-sex marriage does not mean that Christians and others who oppose such a practice will be forced into such unions. They may find it distasteful, but then, when nation encourages the individual pursuit of happiness there is no guarantee that everyone is going to like what everyone is doing. That is part of freedom - the tolerance of diversity."
I feel like this concept basically sums up my argument here: just because it's being taught does not mean that anyone opposed to it will be forced to listen or do such things, and therefore there isn't really a reason against it. This kind of change to education is necessary to ensure both homosexuality and heterosexuality are viewed as viable options, and will be valuable for people who will want to learn this, but those who don't wish to participate won't be forced to.
As such, this leaves it optional, but still available, which is better than not having it at all.