EGJ
CodingSource

"They told you that the primary purpose of the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross was to save you"

CodingSource

EGJ

Con

They told you that the primary purpose of the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross was to save you...was it?

I propose to you to start by tracing back the story of the cross from the very beginning:
There..., in the paradise, God prepared for Adam and Eve what you may call "heaven on earth" and God was like a friend to them, "the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, where are you? (Genesis 3:9).
God provided them with everything they need to make their lives wonderful, but Satan came and made another offer to them saying: what you have is not the best and you have been denied the "big prize", don't you know that when you eat from that tree you will become like God! So, what happened after that?

Adam and Eve let down God and chose to reject their loving creator, thus insulting and hurting God's feelings by accepting his enemy's offer and rejecting God clear loving instruction to them. This was an insult to God and a victory for Satan. However, God being the faithful, for "He cannot deny Himself", (2 Timothy 2:13), the one "whom there is no variation or shadow of shifting", (James 1:17) and the righteous judge, (Psalm 7:11), God, therefore, did not deny the Satan his victory, moreover, in John 14:30, we see the Lord acknowledging that Satan is the prince of this world. Yet, God had a brilliant plan to defeat this enemy and regain his lost dear creature.

From this back-drop, you can realize a threefold blow taking place:

- A major insult was directed to God who is also the highest authority in the universe (can you imagine?).
- Adam and Eve were lost and were evicted from the paradise.
- Satan, justly, became the prince of the human's world having his way with people, deceiving, torturing, destroying and also mocking them in front of God's thrown, ( Job 1:9-10).
To fix this problem according to God's wisdom, the primary and the No.1 priority in the plan was to first restore God's glory after this major insult that resulted also in a victory for Satan.
Romans 15:3, tells us about the insult, "For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.
Then, in John 12, 27-28 we read about the primary purpose of Lord Christ first visit to earth, "It was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28. Father, glorify your name, then a voice came from heaven, I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.", and from John 17:1-4, "1. After Jesus said this, he looked toward heaven and prayed: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son, that your Son may glorify you. 2. For you granted him authority over all people that he might give eternal life to all those you have given him. 3. Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent".

You can see here that Glorifying God came first before giving eternal life to those who will believe, and the meaning of eternal life (verse 3) is that they know you, the only true God. Also in Luke 2:14, in the angels" song, we hear: "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men". Again, here, you can see that giving glory to God comes first before announcing the blessing that humanity can receive.

Verse 5 reminds us of God eternal glory, that glory which was once temporarily tarnished when the Satan won the battle of the garden, (verse 5: "And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began").

The third main purpose of the Lord Christ"s mission is mentioned in verse 4 in the same chapter (John 17), "4. I have brought you glory on earth by finishing the work you gave me to do". This work involved setting an example in dealing with parents, friends, religious establishment, authorities, all kinds of people, rich, poor, weak, sick, marginalized, etc.

What are the benefits of preaching and putting God first and making him the center of our lives and our worships?

In the Lord's Prayer in Matthew 6:9-13, we read, "this, then, is how you should pray:
Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name", hallowed means honor and holy, this also means that our relationship with God is marked first by glorifying his name. To give glory to God means to always put him first and center, (John 3:30: He must become greater; I must become less).

When we acknowledge and glorify God before anyone else, all aspects of our lives take a proper alignment with God and all the blessing and benefits in the Lord's prayer start flowing our way, God also said: "I will honor those who honor Me, (1 Samuel 2:30). Honor here also means to be kind and generous toward someone. The sad reality is that the Lord Christ has been pushed away from being in the center in many churches replaced by the pastor or the priest who became the center of attention.

The talk and the discussions after Sunday morning sermon and what they claim to be a worship of Christ is mainly about how good and eloquent was the pastor (or the speaker) this morning, not how good was the speaker in bringing me closer to Christ or making him the center of my life and glorifying his name.

The clever subtle duplicity practiced by false preachers.

A- By pushing the Lord Christ aside and making the pastor (preacher or speaker) the center of attention, the goal is to condition you to become reliant on this person in receiving the word of God. Many have gone one step further, claiming that they have a word from God for you, or a miracle has to do with your health or finance (predicating, of course, upon sending them money), in addition to all the other gimmicks that you can watch played out on TV broadcasts fitting the Biblical description in Jude 1:16, "" walking according to their desires; their mouths utter arrogant words, flattering people for their own advantage".

B- By making you the whole focus and the center of God's plan of salvation (not the glorification of God first), their devious plan is to show you how important you are and how much they care about you. Their messages about how much God cares sometimes sound like God is so disparate to have you join his side and will do anything to make that happen (I used this expression just to illustrate the point with my ultimate respect to God).

This watering down and distortion of the message of the gospel, in addition to making people believe that spending one hour in the Church on Sunday is all that God requires from them has led many to underestimate sin, having a little desire to change their old ways.

C- Lord Christ, being capable of achieving a multipurpose goal has glorified the father and defeated the enemy, completed the work of salvation and reconciliation on the cross, and left an example to be followed.
The preachers who focus only on one aspect of the Lord Christ's accomplishments (the redemption aspect), are denying people a wholesome teaching providing one-legged base upon which they rest their faith and conduct their lives. Obviously, the journey with God will become very shaky (one-legged base), since Lord Christ is no longer the center and there is little reading of the Bible to understand his example, the result is a weak person, facing many disappointments in life and constantly dependent on those preachers for help. The crux of the whole plot is this: "They are after you, not for you".

The question we need to ask ourselves is: Does listening to that group of preachers make me understand clearly the multipurpose mission accomplished by the Lord Christ when he visited our earth and grasp the importance of putting God first making him the center of my life? Do they encourage me to study the Bible to understand the example of Jesus Christ, and the work of the Holy Spirit in my life, or their tone and the innuendo is all about keeping me coming back, so they can continue to spoon-feed me with what they want me to believe and get me to continue supporting the organization?
CodingSource

Pro

Not just because they told us that He died on the Cross to save us, but if you examine what the Bible says very carefully, then you will understand why they said us.

So the question is: How did He save us, exactly? And why is he called the Savior?
"For God so loved the world, as to give His only begotten Son; that whosoever believeth in Him, may not perish, but may have life everlasting. For God sent not His Son into the world, to judge the world, but that the world may be saved by Him." (John 3:16-17)

God didn"t abandon His human creation after Adam"s sin because He guaranteed to deliver a savior into the world and to open again the gates of Heaven for us. "I will put enmities between thee and the woman, and thy seed and her seed: She shall crush thy head, and thou shalt lie in wait for her heel." (Genesis 3:15)

Who is the seed and who is the Savior? Jesus, the Son of God, the Second Person of the Holy Trinity, and the Son of Man. He has saved us from our offenses. "Thou shalt call His name Jesus. For He shall save His people from their sins." (Matthew 1:21) "And I saw, and I gave testimony, that this is the Son of God." (John 1:34)
Now what are the reasons why Jesus came to die on the Cross?

We must know that there is no way to depart from the curse of God"s law. We were guilty. His death was the only to be free from this. Somebody must pay the penalty of the original sin. "Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us" (Galatians 3:13).

God sent Jesus to reconcile us to God. "While we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son" (Romans 5:10).

His death is also to consume the wrath of God. So God sent his own Son is to redirect the punishment of sin to Jesus. " In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins."

It is also one way to show God"s love for sinners. The measure of God"s love is shown by the amount of Jesus" sacrifice in saving us from the penalty of our offenses. Because our damage is so huge, only a holy sacrifice could pay it. "God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8)

His death is also the greatest statement that he loved us and gave himself to us. "I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and [a]the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me: (Galatians 2:20) Jesus compensated the highest price possible to give us, mankind, the greatest gift possible.

The Gospel is the good announcement that at the price of Jesus" life, and the Gospel means good news. "Christ"suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God" (1 Peter 3:18). God has done everything important to beguile us with what will make mankind everlastingly happy.

"No eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined what God has prepared for those who love him" (1 Corinthians 2:9). "This is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent" (John 17:3). If you reject Jesus" offer of eternal life, it would result for us to be forever become miserable in hell. "Whoever does not believe is condemned already....the wrath of God remains on him" (John 3:18, 36). The only way to be saved and have boundless life is to believe on Him.

The greatest closure to the hardship and death of Christ is this: "There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus" (Romans 8:1). His death protected us from accusation for those who believe that Jesus has provided their death sentence.

To think about, He died on our place, and that is why we are saved, including those I mentioned above. He died the death that we should be on it. "[Jesus] himself bore our sin in his body on the tree that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed" (1 Peter 2:24).

His death wasn"t just a deed of love, therefore, it characterizes love. His death that we should deserve was an eventual example of what love means. By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers. But if anyone has the world"s goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God"s love abide in him? Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth" (1 John 3:16).

His death was efficient in its objective. And its intention was not just to purchase the possibility of salvation, but a people for His own custody. "All that the Father gives to me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out" And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day" (John 6:36, 39).

Jesus died for the ungodly, for sinners, and for his enemies. "For one will scarcely die for a righteous person, though perhaps for a good person one would dare to die, but God shows his love for us in that while we were sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:7"8). God"s love is distinct from common human love.

(olrl.org, Crossway.org, DesiringGod.org)
EGJ

Con

CodingSource, you have eloquently presented an argument on how did He save us, exactly?

While I appreciate your points and have no argument against the magnificent work of reconciliation and salvation accomplished by the Lord Christ, the debate is about a different question, as I pointed out also to “brontoraptor”, saying:

The debate question is:
Was saving us the primary (No.1) purpose of the Lord Christ coming to earth or restoring God 's glory after it was once temporarily tarnished when the Satan won the battle of the garden?

Therefore, you need to declare your position on the question.

Now you might ask why this is so important.

Let me start by an analogy, then to the false teaching and deception practiced by false prophets in our days.

Assume you were in a situation speaking to your father in front of his friends, and during the conversation, you made a mistake by insulting your father in front of his friends, then you left.

Do you think that it is quite natural to come back later to ask him for your allowance, or a sincere apology should take place first?

For us to focus on ourselves and our need for reconciliation and salvation and ignore the importance of restoring God respect first, is a form of “belittling” God and showing little reverence.

As I mentioned in my post about the importance and the priority of restoring respect to God before receiving the benefits of Lord Chris work on the cross, in John 12, 27-28 we read about the primary purpose of Lord Christ first visit to earth, "It was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28. Father, glorify your name, then a voice came from heaven, I have glorified it, and will glorify it again.”.

As far as the insult that was directed to God by the disobedience of Adam and Eve, I mentioned in my post this reference, Romans 15:3, "For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: "The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.”

Finally the false teaching and deception practiced by false prophets and their motives

This is what I presented in my post:

A- By making you the whole focus and the center of God's plan of salvation (not the glorification of God first), their devious plan is to show you how important you are and how much they care about you. Their messages about how much God cares sometimes sound like God is so disparate to have you join his side and will do anything to make that happen (I used this expression just to illustrate the point with my ultimate respect to God).

B- By pushing the Lord Christ aside and making the pastor (preacher or speaker) the center of attention, the goal is to condition you to become reliant on this person in receiving the word of God. Many have gone one step further, claiming that they have a word from God for you, or a miracle has to do with your health or finance (predicating, of course, upon sending them money), in addition to all the other gimmicks that you can watch played out on TV broadcasts fitting the Biblical description in Jude 1:16, "" walking according to their desires; their mouths utter arrogant words, flattering people for their own advantage".

So, now the question again to you is :

Was saving us the primary (No.1) purpose of the Lord Christ coming to earth, or restoring God’s glory first after it was once temporarily tarnished when the Satan won the battle of the Garden of Eden?

CodingSource

Pro

I believe that I answered your question in my argument.
“And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush[b] your head,
and you will strike his heel.” Genesis 3:15

In the verse above, we read of a scion that who would appear and reverse the consequences of Adam’s sin. We read of a vowed ‘seed’ that would dismantle the effects of sin. As we go on, we read of this Heir being the central point of the promises which God presented to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob – that He would defeat his enemies and that he would ultimately bring a grace to all nations of the earth. “I will surely bless you and make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and as the sand on the seashore. Your descendants will take possession of the cities of their enemies, 18 and through your offspring[a] all nations on earth will be blessed,[b] because you have obeyed me.” (Genesis 22:17-18)

The expectation of a ‘promised seed’ familiar to the Jewish people as the Messiah, and what is the meaning of that word? According to Wikipedia, it means a savior or liberator of a group of people. There were many prophecies provided by the prophets involving this one who would arrive to reconcile mankind to God.

This was the plan that God had from the very start which had come to existence when Jesus was born. That tremendous endeavor of God who through Christ would follow to reunite mankind to Himself again and it is recorded in the gospel of John:
““In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)
“And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.”

Jesus was therefore flesh born a man and lived a life in which He was seduced to sin in which unlike humankind he had the capability to prevent the influences of the flesh.

Well then, why did He die a sacrificial death in unmitigated capitulation to the desire of God? What is its primary purpose?

It was God’s means of opening up a way of salvation and reversing the aftermaths of Adam’s fall. No other mere man could ever have accomplished this because everybody else has “sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

“We all, like sheep, have gone astray,
each of us has turned to our own way;
and the LORD has laid on him
the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:6

“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in[a] Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 6:23

The above verses states that every descendant of Adam is guilty of this curse and the penalty of those offenses is DEATH. Therefore, the punishment must be done by the shedding of blood by a perfect sacrifice.

“For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.[a]” Leviticus 17:11

“Do not sacrifice to the LORD your God an ox or a sheep that has any defect or flaw in it, for that would be detestable to him.” Deuteronomy 17:1

And last thing, Jesus’ name means “God saves.” The following verse will eventually answer your question.

“She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[a] because he will save his people from their sins.” – Matthew 1:21

(The-Gospel-Truth.info, Jesus.org)
EGJ

Con

CodingSource,

I am afraid, you do not seem to understand what the concept of “debate” means; even I asked you nicely in my reply to state clearly your position. however, it appears that what you are doing is some “cut and paste”.

The debate question is : "Was saving us the primary (No.1) purpose of the Lord Christ coming to earth or restoring God’s glory after it was once temporarily tarnished when the Satan won the battle of the Garden of Eden?

You ran off twice with a different subject in your response, therefore, I decline continuing this dialog. Please try to respect the simple rules of a debate.

CodingSource

Pro

Dear Mr. Con,

I constructed my argument very effectively, and those are not merely "copy and paste." Those are the product of more than 3 hours of hard work, and I used the most reliable sources possible. I believe that you have built your arguments out of your experiences, beliefs, opinion, and so forth, and I totally respect that.

Since you didn"t present any argument for me to rebut, I would end it this way. I will let the verses speak by themselves.
""For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him." John 3:16

"And they said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." Acts 16:31

"He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the sins of the whole world." 1 John 2:2

"What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin that grace may abound? By no means! How can we who died to sin still live in it? Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his. ..." Romans 6:1-23

And the last verse I provided in Round 2, as I said, answered our question regarding to this topic. You gave no rules in this debate and in fact, you provided the topic of our debate and I am the contender and stand as Pro.

I answered your question from the very beginning. Please take a view. Indeed, saving us is not "was", but IS the main goal why God sent him to this world, and therefore, restoring God"s glory by providing a way to reconcile mankind to Himself.

That"s it and no more.
Posted by CodingSource 1 year ago
CodingSource
The debate topic is: "They told you that the primary purpose of the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross was to save you". And I stand Pro which means I agree to the statement and provided arguments that show my stance. In fact, the debate question is "Was saving us the main objective is Jesus Christ?" Everybody who looks in this debate, even me when I accepted this challenge, will agree that the question is the one I provided. Did I answer the question? Yes? By how? Read my arguments again.
Posted by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
I had my doubts, but I did as you asked.
Surprisingly, my stance has not changed.

You asked for the primary one reason. Gods first priority for Jesus coming to earth.

Your opponent clearly showed that the primary reason for him coming here is to show love for all - which is Gods wish.

You conceded to the point by deflecting what his purpose of the round - to oppose your position of "gods 1st priority was to restore his glory.", by focusing on one point - the literal words used to give an opening statement - and decided there was nothing else to be taken from it.
I would advise you to do what you recommended of me, re-read this debate as someone who is not you, and see where you stand, if you begin from an unbiased point to begin with.

This time it was shown what you proposed was not the case, thus the points go to the opposition.
Posted by EGJ 1 year ago
EGJ
Of course you are entitled to your opinion and I respect that, however, if you read carefully his entire rebuttal, it revolves around one point repeated over and over. Please observe how he started his rebuttal saying and I quote: "So the question is: How did He save us, exactly? And why is he called the Savior?"
What on the planet earth this question has to do with my debate question that is: "Was the primary purpose of the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross to save us, or to return the glory to God?

And you say I was complaining? The very simple rule of an intelligent debate is to stick to the question, not using the space to download whatever information you have about any subject!.
Please read again carefully with an open mind.
Posted by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
He proceeded to show why he came to that conclusions, with examples from the bible difinitively stating that is why Jesus came to us - the fact you raised a question does not mean you win outright otherwise anyone would just end a debate with - "what is the meaning of life" - and then assume you have won because your opponent was not able to answer it.

The fact is, he showed to me more on why he believes his fact to be true, and you spent more time complaining than debating.

You raised very good points and I like how you think, but a vote must be voted on the context.
Posted by EGJ 1 year ago
EGJ
Yes, it is the topic...and it is the core question for the debate as stated clearly in the title:
"They told you that the primary purpose of the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross was to save you...was it?

The title question for debate was translated into a simple question presented to Pro (for) CodingSource saying: "Adam and Eve are the ones who broke their commitment, not God, and thus insulted God, so how is it logical that restoring their relationship with God is more important than restoring respect to God?

He provided a definite explicit answer saying: "Indeed, saving us is not "was", but IS the main goal why God sent him to this world,... "
On the basis of the fact that Adam and Eve are the ones who first broke their commitment, not God, how could you justify his argument that saving us IS the main goal why God sent him to this world?
Posted by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
But that is not the topic that was being debated.

We voted upon the strength of the debate, and I stay by my vote.
Posted by EGJ 1 year ago
EGJ
I am afraid; I have to disagree with both votes made by rextr05 and Zarium, both appear to be severely bias, ignoring that "Pro" totally failed to response to the question, "Adam and Eve are the ones who broke their commitment, not God, and thus insulted God, so how is it logical that restoring their relationship with God is more important that restoring respect to God?
Posted by EGJ 1 year ago
EGJ
Zarium said, "Show me one dictator or tyrant that has made the claim they can see, know and do everything - I have searched and have yet to find one. Even the Crazies were never arrogant enough to assume this, your statement is invalid."

To be considered a dictatorship means that a country is known to be run by one person without any checks and balances on his power. Dictators make unilateral decisions that affect their countries without having to consult any other branch of government. Therefore, they constantly brainwashing their people to make them believe that they know everything about their problems and needs, and they have all the solutions for their problems. One simple example, to refresh your recent history knowledge is Hitler, who convinced his generals and nation that he has ALL the knowledge, power and strategies to conquer the whole world; they just need to follow him with complete trust.

Despotic one-man rule is historically represented by the many forms of tyranny in ancient Greece and Sicily and in Renaissance Italy. Political power is seized, exercised by a despot without moral scruples but capable of bold claims and decisions. Usually the motive for the seizure of power is not concern for the commonweal. Can you think of different nation"s leaders, who during an election cycle, rose up to promise their people that they have ALL the answer to ALL the problems?
Posted by EGJ 1 year ago
EGJ
It is good for a health and intelligent debate to stick to the point of the debate. It also shows respect, which would foster positive communication leading to discovering the truth, which is again for the benefit of everyone, be that the Instigator or the Contender.
Obviously, rambling or getting off the subject and using the space to get one"s own issue off his/her chest by presenting irrelevant issues do not rise up to the level of a healthy intelligent debate.
However, many of us, including myself, at least, have once been hurt or experienced disappointments in those, so called, "people of God", in other occasions, some expected things from God, but ended up with a disappointment. For these reasons, I decided to reply to some comments made on my post titled, ""They told you that the primary purpose of the death of the Lord Jesus on the cross was to save you"was it".
Please continue above....
Posted by EGJ 1 year ago
EGJ
Exact quote (from Zarium):
"Adam and Eve wanted to LEARN. That is how the snake(satan) was able to coerce the issue.
Why is this a sin? Why did god with his infinite knowledge, enable such a ridiculous loophole that can be exploited by a talking snake??"
Yes Adam and Eve wanted and needed to learn, and from Genesis 1:26, we read: "Then God said, "Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule "). What do we learn from this verse?
-Human has the same characteristics as God in the sense of the ability and the freedom to choose (freedom of choice), creativity and invention, (bringing about something new) and a higher level of intelligence.
-Human beings also were given the power to rule (obviously, it is up to them to use it or abuse it).
Based on these facts, the tree was put in the middle of the Garden of Eden for three main reasons:
-To test Adam and Eve"s loyalty to God after providing them with a paradise (freely). Testing is a common practice we exercise as human in many aspects of life, education, applying for a job, etc., if you do not agree with this concept, you may have to start a movement to change that, worldwide.
-To warn them against the Satan, who already existed and desires to destroy God"s work.
-To teach them the value of obedience and all the benefits that can be gained by showing understanding, respect and reverence to the one who granted them a paradise.
Vote Placed by rextr05 1 year ago
rextr05
EGJCodingSourceTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con has only posed is argument & then told pro that he didn't follow instructions throughout the next rounds. If con cannot read into context of the arguments pro gives, which do answer the question, con needs to take more time reading the message, rather than reading just the words.
Vote Placed by Zarium 1 year ago
Zarium
EGJCodingSourceTied
Reasons for voting decision: The question posed by the instigator - con, in his first paragraph shows the question he is requesting his opposition to prove - to which he conceded to the eloquence and validity of his response - it appears at this point that Con focused more on trying to make con appear like he is not debating - ironically not debating himself to do so. Pro maintained his position until the end so arguments to pro. Sources are based from the bible, hower Pro has provided link addresses which can assist with verifying the passages - sources Con. Spelling and grammar is very close, however via searching the contestants, we can see that english is not a primary language, and the mistakes were conflicts of structure, not spelling, so i give that a tie - please inform me if that is not a valid reason to give allowances to the fact. Overall a good debate, but i would advise Con to argue until the end, and trust the judgement of the voters as to the validity of the debate.