championyo
MarquisX

Thinking in the lifetime

championyo

Pro

Sometimes, I just wonder how vast the university is and that all of us humankind is such a tiny spot and when we pass away or even the doomsday comes, we would in no doubt disppear without rippling the cosmos a little.So, The question here is should we make the effect to change sth which can be far reaching to the majority through our life? My arguement is that great endeavour isn't always equivalent to beneficial influence.
MarquisX

Con

I have accepted this only because i didn't want someone to take advantage. I'm sure you have great ideas pro, but this isn't the place for it. Go to the forums and you'll meet people who will have a great discussion about whatever you choose. Welcome to Debate.org. As for voting, we shall forfeit the next rounds and hopefully this debate ends up as a draw.
championyo

Pro

championyo forfeited this round.
MarquisX

Con

MarquisX forfeited this round.
championyo

Pro

championyo forfeited this round.
MarquisX

Con

MarquisX forfeited this round.
Posted by Chrysippus 5 years ago
Chrysippus
I considered taking this debate exactly as it is, but I decided to be nice and tell you why you should change it before someone takes it.

First, this is a debate, not a gentle discussion. You should have a specific statement for your opponent to disagree with, a "resolution;" this will set the topic for the entire debate. You should have arguments proving or disproving the resolution; you are Pro, so you should be affirming the resolution. And you should have evidence backing up your arguments, so that your opponent cannot ignore them.

"Sometimes, I just wonder how vast the university [universe] is and that all of us humankind is such a tiny spot and when we pass away or even the doomsday comes, we would in no doubt disppear without rippling the cosmos a little.So, The question here is should we make the effect to change sth [what were you trying to say here?] which can be far reaching to the majority through our life? My arguement is that great endeavour isn't always equivalent to beneficial influence."

"great endeavour isn't always equivalent to beneficial influence" is perhaps poorly worded, but it would work for a resolution. Now you need arguments backing this up.

If all you want to do is discuss this, you could cancel this debate and make a forum topic on it; you will not win this debate as it stands.

If you want help forming this debate, message me; I'd be happy to assist.
Posted by Jordan56 5 years ago
Jordan56
I am willing to accept this debate, but can you clarify your argument.
Vote Placed by WriterSelbe 5 years ago
WriterSelbe
championyoMarquisXTied
Reasons for voting decision: Aaaw. MarquisX is a sweetie. I would've given him conduct, but he wants a tie so a tie it is.