Katelyn6913
brahmbhattd

This Century writes better songs than Nicki Minaj

Katelyn6913

Pro

This century is a up and coming band from Arizona and they have more talent than most of the artists in the Top 40 hits. They write both upbeat songs and ballads; each song is meaningful, powerful and filled with creativity. Nicki Minaj is a rapper/hip hop artist and although she may be a talented rapper her lyrics are vulgar or inappropriate for certain audiences, and they don't spread messages that are appropriate or necessary. There are ways of expressing your feelings without having to use crude language or making yourself sound stupid. This Century and Nicki Minaj are in completely different genres but This Century is a better musical artist because they don't use auto tune, they sound fantastic acoustic, and they express their messages in a classy and relatable manner.
brahmbhattd

Con

Firstly, let me please start out by stating that this is my first time at attempting a formal debate.
That being said, I don't really know what your argument here is. Is it:
A) Nicki Minaj is a horrible singer?
B) This century is a great band?
C) This Century are a better artist than Nikki Minaj?

Ok, judging from the title of your debate, let's just say it's 'C: This Century are a better artist than Nikki Minaj'. In that case however, there is one sentence in your argument which is the basis almost entirely nullifying the argument: "This Century and Nicki Minaj are in completely different genres". This is much like saying 'oranges are better than bananas because they are juicier.' Both oranges and bananas are fruits and while it is also accurate that oranges are Juicier than bananas, the statement is an opinion which is being tried to be passed as a fact.

I myself may not be a 100% qualified to argue against This century as this is the first time I am hearing of them. Although I have heard plenty of Nikki Minaj and I feel what sets her apart from a lot of other RAP surely not her voice because in rap, voice is the least qualifying factor. Rap is mainly about flow, lyrics and the deliverance of those lyrics. Nikki devours at deliverance of lyrics. The way she emphasizes and DE-emphasizes certain words is very unique to her. for example "slicker than the guy with a thing on his eye.... HUGHHH". Its so subtle but they lyrics paint a very detailed picture of a 'stuck up rich person who places money above everything, rid of all emotion. Not only this but her tone and the 'hughhh' so very artistically depicts her disgust towards the aforementioned personality.

I can't say that she does not use profanity and vulgarity, but the way she uses it and the amount she uses does not take away from her lyrics as much as you describe. Also Don't forget auto tune contributes a different flavor to music. I feel her music does not demand for her to be as much musical as it requires her to be lyrical.
I would like for you to please provide links (preferably you tube) to what you think is some of the best music by 'this century' and explain the qualities you appreciate in their music. Also make clear what exactly is your argument. Also if 'C' is what you are arguing, I would like if you can state the criteria that you are comparing the two artists based on.
Katelyn6913

Pro

Katelyn6913 forfeited this round.
brahmbhattd

Con

PLEASE ARGUE WITH ME .... I need to have a 5 round debate for class PLEASE... I'll be nicer
Katelyn6913

Pro

Katelyn6913 forfeited this round.
brahmbhattd

Con

brahmbhattd forfeited this round.
Katelyn6913

Pro

Katelyn6913 forfeited this round.
brahmbhattd

Con

brahmbhattd forfeited this round.
Katelyn6913

Pro

Katelyn6913 forfeited this round.
brahmbhattd

Con

brahmbhattd forfeited this round.
Posted by DouggyFresh 5 years ago
DouggyFresh
Yeah wow. Con is lucky the voting period ended before anyone had a chance to vote! I could never side with anyone who supports Nicki Minaj, even if it was the Ragin' Cajun himself.

The lyrics about the guy with the sty and the pig in his eye or whatever, doesn't paint a clear picture of... whatever you said. To me it makes me think of a guy with a really gross, oozing sty and Nicki is just trying to get away from him. I really like that song, but I change the radio every time I hear that part because it makes me want to vomit.
Posted by Buddamoose 5 years ago
Buddamoose
wooops, double posted somehow... Wonder if theres a way to delete the second one
Posted by Buddamoose 5 years ago
Buddamoose
Talk about a fools challenge, a cat in heat sounds better than Nicki Minaj. She
crazy too lol.
Posted by Buddamoose 5 years ago
Buddamoose
crazy too lol.