MistahKurtz
Skar

This House Would Recognize The Existance of Ghosts

MistahKurtz

Con

I will not introduce any arguments at this time so as to allow my opponent to frame the way in which they wish to argue this debate.

I will only introduce the following definitions;

'Recognize' as suggesting the existence, not merely the possibility of, yet not necessarily admitting absolute proof of the presence of ghosts. I'll let my opponent more clearly define this if they wish.

'Ghost' as "the spirit of a dead person, especially one believed to appear in bodily likeness to living persons or to haunt former habitats."

'This house' as the United Nations.

The only regulation that I set for this debate is that there should be absolute NO personal examples that cannot be verified. That is to say, there should be no "A friend of a friend of mine..." or "One time I was at a haunted castle..."

I invite my opponent to mold this debate to their liking and look forward to reading their opening arguments.
Skar

Pro

I Challenge my opponent to this debate about Ghost AKA Ectoplasm's.

Claim:

Ghost do not exist, and have never in this world existed. There is no proof of their existence what so ever. I people have stress they hallucinate, since when a person is stressed anything they hear or see they associate with the super natural.

My warrant being this :

I quote wikipedia's definition of "Ectoplasm (from the Greek ektos, "outside", + plasma, "something formed or molded") is a term coined by Charles Richet to denote a substance or spiritual energy "exteriorized" by physical mediums. Ectoplasm is said to be associated with the formation of ghosts, and hypothesized to be an enabling factor in psychokinesis." That said, there is no proof of ghost and there probably never be, because Charles Richet defined this to qualify all of these so called mediums, ghosts, and any psychic there as such, but they don't exist.

Factors that proof that ghost do not exist are:
1.
There is also, the so called mediums that in ancient times would burn, herbs that caused hallucinations which made them see spirits, this was the lack of technology that is one factor that caused people to believe in ghost.

2.
The next factor is the code readers that attribute to seeing ghost and such, a code reader is a person who lies and tells a person what they want to hear from the dead, for example, I say this in a crowd "There is someone by the name of p, something like peter" someone will say oh my gosh my peter, it maybe a young woman, so I say" he died young didn't he?", they will be amazed next is, "he's telling me something about money", money being always an issue when a person dies, so hence that is what a code reader does. Which gives proof that people lie to make ghost live so that they may get money.

3.
So many have claimed to be ghost hunters, now lets see how many shows have been exposed about ghost hunters, and how much they lie, the greatest ghost hunter was a man in Mexico he lead several ghost hunting's, but everything seemed very false, his name I cant recall but it, was very true and very big exposure. I will post about it.
There is also the things to remember about a ghost hunting show:
1. it's entertainment, it means that there is a really high possibility that it does not exist!.

2. Alot of the shots they receive, are composite photos, there might be dust and see something, most of the time it's something else.

4th factor:

Scientist have said that stress and other symptons cause hallucinations , some of the definitions are true definitions from health-care.net, I quote " Stress. Prolonged or extreme stress can impede thought processes and trigger hallucinations." Also, I quote " Sleep deprivation and/or exhaustion. Physical and emotional exhaustion can induce hallucinations by blurring the line between sleep and wakefulness." And I finally quote," Meditation and/or sensory deprivation. When the brain lacks external stimulation to form perceptions, it may compensate by referencing the memory and form hallucinatory perceptions. This condition is commonly found in blind and deaf individuals." Which is the main case in most of the ghost related events, this being that alot of people that have reported ghost sightings have been stressed, and also the other definitions, and this is to a normal person.

The website is, http://neurology.health-cares.net...

And finally I hope that with the evidence I have provided, people can stop believing in ghost, and can face reality that there is no such thing as ghost, it is purely for entertainment purposes, and most of the time stress related.
MistahKurtz

Con

MistahKurtz forfeited this round.
Skar

Pro

Skar forfeited this round.
MistahKurtz

Con

I apologize for missing the last round.

Looking at my opponent's last argument, one can see for themselves that he has "disproven" the phony hangers-on of this phenomenon. This debate is not about ghost-hunters or mediums, it is about the presence of spirits in our modern day world and I intend to present to an environment where the existence of ghosts is possible, then offer you evidence where their existence is irrefutable.

First of all, my opponent has said nothing that of the -impossibility- of ghosts. I will not try to convince you that ghosts must exist only because they cannot be disproven, but rather that one should approach this issue knowing that there is no factual evidence to the contrary.

Before we go any farther we must recognize the possible channels through which the deceased could visit us. The first has a strong basis in science. Given the tenets of string theory, scientists have concluded that there is, in theory, as many as 10 different dimensions. (An overview is given here; http://www.veoh.com... ) We must look at the dimension dealing with the complete universe of time. This includes every possible time line for every possible action of every person. Before I continue I must admit there is no absolute proof to back this hypothesis up, I present it not as proof of ghosts but merely a possibility that must be considered. String theory further says that some dimensions actually overlap and, theoretically, one could transport from their universe to another. What if one was to die in one universe, but survive in another. Would it not then be possible for that person to cross over from an alternate dimension where that person is still alive and a means of inter-dimensional travel has been discovered? They could then appear in our dimension, but our ability to see them by our inability to see in more than 3 dimensions.

But perhaps such an explanation is too out-there for most people so I will present a more commonly-accepted one; Jesus Christ. Evidently anyone who is a Christian must therefore believe in the existence of ghosts. Jesus not only rose from the dead as an appearing and disappearing specter, but he had himself, his father and countless angels have been documented to have appear to many members of civilization. If that is not enough, such appearances can be observed in Islam, Judaism and Mormonism. As the majority of the world find themselves to be of the Abrahamic religions, the majority of the world therefore believes in ghosts.

But I understand that 'seeing is believing', so I therefore make an appeal to the senses. A recent poll says that about 48% of Americans believe in ghosts whereas 22% say they have actually seen one. I would argue that if 1/5 people have physically seen or felt something, this should be considered collaborated evidence. Perhaps it is fair to say that 99% of those people were merely mistaken, but what is to be said of the other 3 million? While it is different for matters of belief of conviction, I ask how so many people could be so wrong about what they've seen, smelled of felt? It is possible to disprove all of these hundreds of millions of cases except for one and their existence should be recognized as true.

I look forward to my opponent's response.
Skar

Pro

Skar forfeited this round.
MistahKurtz

Con

My opponent seems to have vanished into thin air, further affirming side government's case.
Skar

Pro

Skar forfeited this round.
Posted by MistahKurtz 8 years ago
MistahKurtz
splendid.
Posted by Skar 8 years ago
Skar
I must apologize i just got my new modem today, because my last one blew off in a lightning/thunder storm, going to write one tommorrow morning.
Posted by MistahKurtz 8 years ago
MistahKurtz
I'm terribly sorry I missed my argument. I'll do my best to do the next one.
Posted by Skar 8 years ago
Skar
sure no problem and again, I'm sorry i didnt really understand what you meant.
Posted by MistahKurtz 8 years ago
MistahKurtz
That's fine. I shouldn't have set up the debate with such stacked odds, I'll debate the affirmative. Give me some time.
Posted by Skar 8 years ago
Skar
when i was sepose to post for, eh well, sorry, hmmm, it will be impossible to believe in ghost when alot of reasonable people dont
Posted by Skar 8 years ago
Skar
I dont believe in ghost, and i posted against them, without reading it was for it.

my apologies
Posted by Skar 8 years ago
Skar
ah crap
Posted by MistahKurtz 8 years ago
MistahKurtz
I'm not totally sure, to be honest. I'm sort of interested to see. There's definitely a biblical argument there, and then there's the use of the wealth of first-hand accounts.

At the same time, there's not really any way the con side can completely disprove the resolution.
Posted by MTGandP 8 years ago
MTGandP
How can the PRO side possibly win this debate?